And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aaaaand it's official. I will be voting entirely Democrat next term. Good job, President Moron. I pray for your impeachment. Maybe you can use that time to catch up on some reading: https://climate.nasa.gov/.

And I do not want to hear anymore about respecting this man. I will respect him when he resigns and his family faces facts about his mental health. Not a moment before.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Aaaaand it's official. I will be voting entirely Democrat next term. Good job, President Moron. I pray for your impeachment. Maybe you can use that time to catch up on some reading: https://climate.nasa.gov/.

And I do not want to hear anymore about respecting this man. I will respect him when he resigns and his family faces facts about his mental health. Not a moment before.
Good for you! :smile:

My mother doesn't like Trump at all and she didn't even bother to vote for him this year. In fact, I asked her the other day and said no.

cjd874

Reaction score
The scary thing is, he thinks that what he's doing is absolutely the right thing, even though it's clearly not. What's worse is that many Republicans and the Trump family are influencing him and egging him on to do these things (as heralde and D'Snowth mentioned a few posts earlier).

There are people in this world who are SO stubborn and narrow-minded that they won't listen to anything that the other side has to say. Look at the Obamacare repeal debacle, the half-baked Muslim ban, and now the withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord. I strongly believe that our government is NOT acting in the interests of the public. So yeah, I also will be praying and hoping for Trump's impeachment, even though Pence isn't exactly a saint either. But he's lightyears ahead of Trump by comparison.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing about this whole Kathy Griffin thing is this isn't even the first time she's done anything like this, but the reaction and backlash never reached this magnitude before.

Ten years ago at an award ceremony, she attacked people who always thank God in their acceptance speeches, so her acceptance speech was, "Suck it, Jesus!" Sure, people were outraged over her speech, but I think the worst reaction it got was a simply online petition to have her removed from the airwaves (which, of course, didn't work).

The thing about Kathy Griffin is this is what she does: she always goes for shock value, that's pretty much her schtick . . . that, and always complaining about being on the D-List when she's clearly a B-Lister at most (I'd argue A-Lister, but she seems to have passed her prime some years ago).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know it's silly to care what celebrities have to say, but since Kathy Griffin is a comedian, it does make sense to ask two comedians for their take. Dan Aykroyd and Jim Carrey had differing viewpoints:

I do agree with Aykroyd that positivity is probably more productive at this point. And while I appreciate Carrey speaking up for comedy, I'm honestly still not sure what the point of Griffin's photo even was.

And I'm kinda disappointed in Griffin. First she brags about going to jail over the photo. But now she's lawyering up and playing the victim. Have some guts, girl! I actually did know a protester in college who spent a summer in jail. He dealt with the consequences with a lot of dignity, and also never wavered in his point of view. Griffin could learn from that.

Last edited: