And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

cjd874

Reaction score
Shots fired today on Republicans practicing baseball in DC. I don't care if your a Democrat or not no one deserves to be shot....
Amen to that. Violence is never the answer to life's problems, especially not gun violence. What was this guy trying to achieve or prove by shooting these GOP lawmakers and politicians, anyhow?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Shots fired today on Republicans practicing baseball in DC. I don't care if your a Democrat or not no one deserves to be shot....
The shooter asked before opening fire, "Are they Republicans or Democrats?" When told Republicans that is when he started shooting. The shooter was a leftwing activist who frequently penned screeds against President Trump and Republicans. His social media pages are filled with deep hate for President Trump and Republicans. He belonged to several anti-Republican FB groups.

Remember when several posters were blaming President Trump for the violent racist acts committed by who they claimed were Trump supporters, despite having any evidence of such? They blamed Trump for fanning the flames of hatred. I thought it was kinda silly to blame President Trump for the actions of a group of sick individuals or hate groups. I wonder if those posters will now take some responsibility for the actions of this shooter. Afterall, those posters spew a lot of hate for President Trump and Republicans in general.

But seriously, it is time to dial back the political hate rhetoric. It's gotten to the point where it just seems like a game for some with little regard for the real life consequences. We're all in this together.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember when several posters were blaming President Trump for the violent racist acts committed by who they claimed were Trump supporters, despite having any evidence of such? They blamed Trump for fanning the flames of hatred. I thought it was kinda silly to blame President Trump for the actions of a group of sick individuals or hate groups. I wonder if those posters will now take some responsibility for the actions of this shooter. Afterall, those posters spew a lot of hate for President Trump and Republicans in general.
What goes around comes around. Republicans were quick to blame things like this on Obama whenever they happened when he was in Office - even when he had absolutely no involvement - by that logic, why shouldn't Trump be blamed for the same things now that he's in Office? And how is any more or less silly the way Republicans blamed Obama for things like Bristol Palin getting pregnant out of wedlock again, or Josh Duggar molesting his sisters?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Thought I'd change the tone briefly before things get out of hand again to say... I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cofveve!!!

Back to you, Jeff.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
What goes around comes around. Republicans were quick to blame things like this on Obama whenever they happened when he was in Office - even when he had absolutely no involvement - by that logic, why shouldn't Trump be blamed for the same things now that he's in Office? And how is any more or less silly the way Republicans blamed Obama for things like Bristol Palin getting pregnant out of wedlock again, or Josh Duggar molesting his sisters?
Well, I was being facetious with my post. Perhaps you failed to notice the first two words in the next paragraph of my post, "But seriously . . . " I guess Trump-haters have no sense of humor. :wink:

I'll repeat what I said in the last paragraph. It is time to dial back the political hate rhetoric. It's gotten to the point where it just seems like a game for some with little regard for the real life consequences. We're all in this together.

It's no help when the hack Kathy Griffin posts a picture holding the severed head of Donald Trump. Coincidence that the shooter once worked on Bernie Sander's campaign and two days earlier when asked how to channel political rage Sanders tweeted: "You should be angry. Take your anger out on the right people." ? Now I don't believe that either Griffin or Sanders are condoning or calling for violence against Republicans, (well, maybe Griffin is) but the rhetoric has to be toned down. Nut jobs on either side take it as justification for their actions.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You know what the real and honest problem is? It's both political parties, and there ideas.
The way I see it the President should be America's represtative to the world. Represent what America's goals are for itself and for the world. Our congress and Senate are to represent there State.
I personally believe that all the hate in this country all the division is caused by these two parties. Both are equally as guilty and something has to change.
People don't need to be angry they need to be heard and represented. Thats what our government was based on. Not these two parties dictating what the people want based on what there parties believe. I honestly feel that we need to get rid of both parties and have impartial people who will truthfully and honestly represent the American people.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Violence only begets violence.
The scary thing is, there may be some Trump or Republican haters out there that are secretly enjoying the fact one person they were against got snuffed.

"1 down, 216 to go".

Suppose someone's dark twisted fantasies of Republican genocide came true.
Democrats back in power.

What will stop THEM from becoming the next targets when some nutjob wants to kill them?

Violence only begets violence.