1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Animal, Floyd, and Janice

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Didn't know all that about Floyd til just now, Byron. You da main man with Janice knowledge, don't ya know!?

I think there should be a prequel film about the making of the EM Band!!

F:)Z
  2. Well, I believe it was Dave Ebersole who first enlightened me on the Zoot thing...and yeah, a film would ROCK!

:D
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  3. anathema

anathema Active Member

Put me down to direct it!

:-D
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Matt Vogel (best known for performing Big Bird) did Janice in RaceMania.
  5. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Hmmm... I can see the voice of the new big bird doing Janice's voice. He does a really good big bird. It's almost impossible to tell the difference. I should go but MRM to hear the voices. Brian, however, should consider working on his Janice voice or they should find someone else.
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Matt first started doing Big Bird around 1999. Currently he does the Journey to Ernie segments while Spinney does most of the street scenes. Spinney still plans to continue doing Big Bird for awhile, Matt is just getting some great experience as he develops and learns more about the character. I like the move. Sesame is being proactive in terms of mentoring future performers instead of reactive when the inevitable occurs.
  7. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Very true. The same thing was done with Frank's characters I think. Also, Fozzie, Piggy, and Animal were kind of phased in with a new performer. Not as smooth as big bird though. Frank could still do his characters through voice over, but instead they tried replacments. In MFS they had other people do his characters. They weren't tthat bad, though piggy was weird, but they were still dubbed over.

I still find it amazing how accurate the newer Big Bird voice is. This is one of those rare times where if a performer leaves, the performance won't suffer. It will be sad when Spinney leaves, but it will be so smooth I don't think anyone will notice much. And it's certainly better than retirering Big Bird. He is Sesame Street.

It's good to see JHC and Sesame working to get performers who can get the voice right and get the performance right. It's so smooth and seemless now. So much better than when Jim died and there was a rush to get Steve to play Kermit now. I wish I had a tape of the muppet's celebrate jim henson. That was the special after his death right?

Edit: I just realized. Jim and Richard's death are probably the reason they are doing this now. They realize how strange the change was and don't want that to happen again so they are phasing alternate performers in now so people get use to it.
  8. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

Although if Janice heard that, they might no be all that close anymore :D

well, I know if my girlfriend overheard me say something like that about her, I'dbe in trouble at least

:concern: :sympathy:
  9. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

According to the Tough Pigs Muppet Recast list,it said that Matt Vogel also did Oscar the Grouch
  10. Fozzie Bear

Stryder, I think you're right. But, then again, she might get a kick out of it. She IS into nudity and exposing herself (apparently) so being that free-spirited, she might just laugh it off.

GOSH!

Just imagine. How cool would it have been for Scooter and Janice and Rowlf to be more active at MuppetFest on the stage during the Q&A sessions??!

:excited:

T'would'a been great!!

F:oZ
  11. I dunno, I think Janice may totally go along with it, as "free-spirited" as she is...

Floyd: "Janice ain't so 'tight' anymore, heh, heh, heh..."

Janice: "Oh, rully!..."

Then again, it could depend on the audience. If it was adults, "fer sure", but around a more delicate audience, she might do an open-moufed double-take. lol

Janice, this smiley's for you:

:flirt:

*SIGH*
  12. anathema

anathema Active Member

Somefing tells me we're gonna be seein' a lot of this one in the future...

:-D
  13. Heh, heh, heh...only when appropriate. I ain't that biased. :p

:D

:halo:
  14. anathema

anathema Active Member

Rully...

;-)
  15. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

but Janice doesn't take her clothes off for just anyone, even if it is artistic!! :p

she's pretty layed back though, so maybe you're right

I wonder if that should be layed back or laid back :D;)
  16. anathema

anathema Active Member

But she did (at one point) fancy living on a beach and walking around nekkid...

"laid"

And the first person to turn that into a dirty remark gets a slap with a wet haddock!
  17. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

well, laid would be correct, depending on what meaning I was going for.

but I'll leave that up to the viewer to decide...

and if I had the choice, I'd live my life naked on a beach, too :D:halo:
  18. Fozzie Bear

Aw, heck; let's ALL just go get nekkid on a beach and slap each other around with wet haddocks!!:crazy:
  19. anathema

anathema Active Member

Monty Python meets Lord of the Rings: Gollum's fisssh-ssslapping dance...

(Sorry)
  20. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I just need a sponsor...someone to feed me and pay my bills :p

you know, I need someone whos' rich and famous so I can show up and exploit there wealth :D:halo: