Animal, Floyd, and Janice

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Didn't know all that about Floyd til just now, Byron. You da main man with Janice knowledge, don't ya know!?

I think there should be a prequel film about the making of the EM Band!!

F:smile:Z

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Didn't know all that about Floyd til just now, Byron. You da main man with Janice knowledge, don't ya know!?

I think there should be a prequel film about the making of the EM Band!!

F:smile:Z
Well, I believe it was Dave Ebersole who first enlightened me on the Zoot thing...and yeah, a film would ROCK!

:big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt Vogel (best known for performing Big Bird) did Janice in RaceMania.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Hmmm... I can see the voice of the new big bird doing Janice's voice. He does a really good big bird. It's almost impossible to tell the difference. I should go but MRM to hear the voices. Brian, however, should consider working on his Janice voice or they should find someone else.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt first started doing Big Bird around 1999. Currently he does the Journey to Ernie segments while Spinney does most of the street scenes. Spinney still plans to continue doing Big Bird for awhile, Matt is just getting some great experience as he develops and learns more about the character. I like the move. Sesame is being proactive in terms of mentoring future performers instead of reactive when the inevitable occurs.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Very true. The same thing was done with Frank's characters I think. Also, Fozzie, Piggy, and Animal were kind of phased in with a new performer. Not as smooth as big bird though. Frank could still do his characters through voice over, but instead they tried replacments. In MFS they had other people do his characters. They weren't tthat bad, though piggy was weird, but they were still dubbed over.

I still find it amazing how accurate the newer Big Bird voice is. This is one of those rare times where if a performer leaves, the performance won't suffer. It will be sad when Spinney leaves, but it will be so smooth I don't think anyone will notice much. And it's certainly better than retirering Big Bird. He is Sesame Street.

It's good to see JHC and Sesame working to get performers who can get the voice right and get the performance right. It's so smooth and seemless now. So much better than when Jim died and there was a rush to get Steve to play Kermit now. I wish I had a tape of the muppet's celebrate jim henson. That was the special after his death right?

Edit: I just realized. Jim and Richard's death are probably the reason they are doing this now. They realize how strange the change was and don't want that to happen again so they are phasing alternate performers in now so people get use to it.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Floyd said she wasn't "so tight no more" meaning that they are a very close couple. :stick_out_tongue:

FOZ
Although if Janice heard that, they might no be all that close anymore :big_grin:

well, I know if my girlfriend overheard me say something like that about her, I'dbe in trouble at least

:concern: :sympathy:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
According to the Tough Pigs Muppet Recast list,it said that Matt Vogel also did Oscar the Grouch

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Stryder, I think you're right. But, then again, she might get a kick out of it. She IS into nudity and exposing herself (apparently) so being that free-spirited, she might just laugh it off.

GOSH!

Just imagine. How cool would it have been for Scooter and Janice and Rowlf to be more active at MuppetFest on the stage during the Q&A sessions??!

:excited:

T'would'a been great!!

F:embarrassed:Z