Another Jim Hill Muppet rant

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cory? Is that our very own Beaker, or...?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... What this guy is saying is that the thing's incomplete due to an editing out of Kermit's appearance? Do you think if we all gave him a quarter he'd buy the clue as already apparent due to Kermit being edited out of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas?

Not as guttural as some other articles there... But Jim will only ever mount to a hill of, well you guys know.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well I will be sorely dissappointed if the reel is edited like that. Makes me wonder if they will cut out **** from GMC. There really is no reason for it.

MWoO

Reaction score
The Count said:
So... What this guy is saying is that the thing's incomplete due to an editing out of Kermit's appearance? Do you think if we all gave him a quarter he'd buy the clue as already apparent due to Kermit being edited out of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas?

Not as guttural as some other articles there... But Jim will only ever mount to a hill of, well you guys know.

But why edit Kermit out of a Disney owned pitch reel on a Muppet Show box set? Not because of character rights issues but because of censorship. It's not right.

MWoO

Reaction score
The Count said:

But why edit Kermit out of a Disney owned pitch reel on a Muppet Show box set? Not because of character rights issues but because of censorship. It's not right.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
The Count said:

I've got a quarter Count! :wink:

But Seriously (as our favorite bear comedian would say), I can see why they cut that out. It's one thing for guys like Statler and Waldorf to throw that word around during their movie reviews (FYI, doesn't offend me at all), but it seems like they're going after the traditional family version of Kermit, and don't want to spoil that with their shiny new "kid friendly" audience.

I figure, we all know how the original pitch-reel went, so that's good enough! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Cory? Is that our very own Beaker, or...?
As a staunch anti Disney person, they wouldnt want me writing an article on their site! heh. (oddly enough I love all the pixar films, muppets @wdw special,
aladdin, and modern pooh)

I think this was a very valid article...it's talking about the concern that the Muppets would become sterilized...thankfully this is not th ecase. Tho I dont find run of the mill references very edgy either(ie: the gitrls gone wild reference in MWOZ) I'm disappointed Disney cut that end portion off the pitch, as to me it completes the whole era of it. But whatever, I think Disney is just in an identity crisis confusion with the brand. Then again, check out Pepe's bonus clip on the movies.com Statler and Waldorf thing(hint: it's not kid friendly!)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Can someone who's gotten their box-set already confirm if the kermit line is cut? I've never seen this and I'd be very dissapointed if the only chance I get in an incomplete one.