Another Jim Hill Muppet rant

Ernie101

Reaction score
I just think that it also takes away from those of us whoms only chance to see certain things like Kermits line being cut.. is the DVD.. Now I will probally never be able to see that line again.. unless I go through trouble trying to get it..

Sad..yes..Very.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
I just think that it also takes away from those of us whoms only chance to see certain things like Kermits line being cut.. is the DVD.. Now I will probally never be able to see that line again.. unless I go through trouble trying to get it..
Speaking on which, DOES anybody have the piece with the original ending, and if so, can they post it online?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

amiki chan

Reaction score
This is rediculous! I like The Muppet Show and I wanted everything on the DVD set to be uncut. What the **** are they thinking?! I am seriously considering canceling my order for Season 1 now :mad:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wait! Don't cancel the orders---it's still a great set to own, just angry that they're cutting that one spot. Kermit's rash response is what makes the whole thing so funny!!

If you were at MuppetFest, then you saw it at least once. If not, this is seriously leaving some folks out of something funny.

amiki chan

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear I have never seen that pitch reel and I never will see it in its' entirety thank to Disney's editing. I might buy it later but I don't wanna buy it now anymore. I just feel jipped :cry:

beaker

Reaction score
My biggest problem is the conflicting reports...Aint It Cool says the Sex and Violence pilot is in the season one box set, but Ive heard otherwise. Why the heck wouldnt the pilot be incldued? Does Disney not have access to it?
If so, that's kind of sad as the Muppet trading community sure has it.

rexcrk said:
Grr I hate the editing of anything especially if it's for political correctness!

Something tells me they're gonna edit Janice's line during "Happiness Hotel" for the new release of Great Muppet Caper
What about Janice talking about posing nude in MTM? I mean Disney is going to have a lot of work if they expect to 'sanitize' all the Muppet stuff.

But yeah, Ive seen the whole pitch and the fever pitch is brought home *BY* that littl ecomment by Kermit at the end...it's exclusion is unwarranted. It's called history revisonism by the big mouse.

Philip Kippel said:
Well, maybe they cut that part of the pitch reel out because of the fact that Kermit appear in front of the CBS logo at the end. And we all know that Disney owns ABC.
Now that is definately a possibility. Given I doubt they'd cut other h word examples from Muppet show/movies, this makes sense.

Fozzie Bear said:
Right now, just this second, I hate the disney company...
Oh Kevin, youre absolute disdain for the disney world order shoulda come long before this:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Disney did cut **** from some MTI interviews on the dvd. Maybe they wlll go around doing it to the movies.

DerekJ

Reaction score
MWoO said:
This was somethng Jim Henson himself put in the reel. He did it for a reason.

1. It's funny.

2. It shows the muppets aren't squeaky clean fluff balls.
3. He was desperately pitching a different show to CBS than the one we got.
(Remember, this was still a year or two before Saturday Night Live, and there was literally nothing out there to break the Muppets' Ed Sullivan/Sesame image...)

The references to "producer George Schlatter" point out that this was the post-"Sex & Violence" version the networks balked on, and turned Henson network-phobic for the next ten years...
And the pitch may be interesting for historical value, but doesn't particularly have scratch to do with the Lord Grade version on the disk set.

...Given the chance to look back after a few years of the real TMS, Henson himself would've probably nixed the double-toothpicks for Kermit's image, but remember, these were desperate times.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
beaker said:
My biggest problem is the conflicting reports...Aint It Cool says the Sex and Violence pilot is in the season one box set, but Ive heard otherwise. Why the heck wouldnt the pilot be incldued?
I can tell you that Sex & Violence indeed are on the set.
However the Valentine show did not make the cut for this set.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
amiki chan said:
Fozzie Bear I have never seen that pitch reel and I never will see it in its' entirety thank to Disney's editing. I might buy it later but I don't wanna buy it now anymore. I just feel jipped :cry:
You can't possibly! It's only 2 seconds of footage cut.

Aren't we getting Sex and Violence (the pilot)?
Aren't we getting lots of good commentary?
Lots of behind the scenes stuff?

It'd be a shame if you didn't get it and missed out on all the good stuff that'll be on there just because 2 seconds are cut. I suggest getting it.

But, I'm still mad at Disney.

However, at least they're giving us stuff we wanted (and needed) that even the JHC never gave us--so, they're listening. So, I'm not mad at them anymore. Especially not after having seen Rowlf and Swedish Chef in the Movies.com Statler and Waldorf shows. Dunno, gang, but we might see a turn-around where we get what we wanted, even if 2 seconds are cut here and there and, like was said, it could have been because the CBS logo was behind Kermit.

I'm going back to giving it some time. Good things are probable and likely to come.

Here's beggin' for Season 2 of TMS on DVD soon! :excited: