Another Jim Hill Muppet rant

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
beaker said:
Oh Kevin, youre absolute disdain for the disney world order shoulda come long before this:smile:
Yes, I was one of those "boo"ers at MuppetFest when Caroly Wilcox mentioned the Disney Company, but I'm over it, man. I started thinking about the things we ARE getting rather than the 2-second cut and am more proud of the things we get.

But, we're fans, and fans are hardly ever really happy! Of course, if they did what we wanted them to, the whole dang company would go bankrupt! :wink:

Edit:
HELLO!
I just found out (or just paid attention) that the Season One openings are on the set!! How cool is that?! Some of you weren't even born yet the last time these were seen!

Ernie101

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Edit:
HELLO!
I just found out (or just paid attention) that the Season One openings are on the set!! How cool is that?! Some of you weren't even born yet the last time these were seen!

Wait, I'm confused.. I know I wasn't born, but what exactly are the Season One openings?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, season one had different openings than all the other seasons. If you've seen any tms opening, it'll be the one with 5 levels of these window arches, and Gonzo blows a horn. In season one, it was like a wedding-cake style platform and Gonzo hit a gong in the O of Muppet Show.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Awesome, and the DVD is $40 bucks if it's not pre-ordered? We only have 5 days left!

YAY!!!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Pre-ordered through Amazon: $27.99!!!

Go to the homepage of www.muppetcentral.com, and click on the Cover Art for the season set and order from Amazon.com!!

GO ORDER PEOPLE!!! YES!!! YESSSSS!!! :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Fozzie, why not direct people to the Amazon.com link through MC, as ordering from that link gives a small portion of the order cost to fund MC?

To further answer Ernie101's questions, check out this page (scroll down about halfway).

And really, I'm steamed about the loss of the Kermit h*ll too, and worried about the movies (though not THAT worried, it'd be harder to make the cut there than making a cut to something rarely seen). It's a trade-off, the new ownership. Under Henson, we lost the Season One openings- remember, they were NOT included in the Time-Life releases- but yes, we might've gotten the last 2 seconds of the pitch. Under Disney, we GOT the Season One openings that were denied even by Henson, at the cost of those 2 seconds. Not a shabby trade-off, if you think about it. Yes, I'm a purist and I'd like to have everything exactly as it was originally, but if it's a question of the lesser of two evils, the answer, at least in this case, is obvious.

But yea, I am still kinda bummed about that cut- they basically cut the punchline of the sketch.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

beaker

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Yes, I was one of those "boo"ers at MuppetFest when Caroly Wilcox mentioned the Disney Company, but I'm over it, man. I started thinking about the things we ARE getting rather than the 2-second cut and am more proud of the things we get.

But, we're fans, and fans are hardly ever really happy! Of course, if they did what we wanted them to, the whole dang company would go bankrupt! :wink:

Edit:
HELLO!
Oh I know...things are different now...eveyr year the Muppets under JHC were slipping farther and farther away into obscurity. But, at least they were still *our* Muppets. Living in a post JHC Muppet world just doesnt feel th esame. Heck, they can't even come up with a decent logo. Disney has some points going for em. The columbia releases of TMS were just lame, so to rerelease TMS on dvd as a season box set with the original pilot and other goodies is a good start. Never thought I'd see the day when Sex and Violence would make it to dvd. If they release M@WDW on dvd I can almost begin to overlook their other gross misgivings.

Also, it is now absolutely apparent the Kermit punchline was removed because of conflicting corporations. Clearly if Disney releases a segment called "Muppets: Sex and Violence" on the dvd and allows pepe to go on and on about hardcore adult films on movies.go.com then they are not very worried about omitting the h word nor maintaining a squeaky clean image. They got bear in the big blue house for that.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. I am really happy about the DVD! Fozzie, you really opened my eyes on this. A whole season, minus 2 seconds is so much better than nothing.. hopefully someday I will have the benefit of seeing the segment in its entirety.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know that this was to put down that part where 2 seconds are took from a rare muppet reel is fine by me. I would like to see the whole thing but I just want all the episodes on DVD. Can't wait to see them. I'm going to be off thrusday and friday so when I get paid I'm going to get the Muppets and MWOO and watch them until I drop! YEAAAAA!!!

Ernie101

Reaction score
I can barely wait.. I have my money saved up.. I have my popcorn ready.. I have my mini refridgerator..I have my.. well the only reason I would have to leave is for the bathroom.. Meh..Who needs it?

Haha!