Another Jim Hill Muppet rant

tomahawk

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of seeing the uncut version at Muppetfest. I think it is a shame that they are cutting the line out. Horrible move on the part of Disney. What the **** are they thinking?

MWoO

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
I've got a quarter Count! :wink:

But Seriously (as our favorite bear comedian would say), I can see why they cut that out. It's one thing for guys like Statler and Waldorf to throw that word around during their movie reviews (FYI, doesn't offend me at all), but it seems like they're going after the traditional family version of Kermit, and don't want to spoil that with their shiny new "kid friendly" audience.

I figure, we all know how the original pitch-reel went, so that's good enough! :smile:
This was somethng Jim Henson himself put in the reel. He did it for a reason.

1. It's funny.

2. It shows the muppets aren't squeaky clean fluff balls.

Sure, it's just a word, but it's hilarious and so is the timing of it. There is no valid reason to cut it. How many other things are going to be cut because it isn't clean enough now? I just find the editing of these classic pieces disgusting and it is even more disgusting when people dont have a problem with it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THEY CUT KERMIT'S LINE FROM THE PITCH REEL?!?!? That's what makes the whole thing funny!! AUUGGHH!!!

Okay, Disney officially is starting to make me upset. I had hopes for the Muppets with them, but NOW it appears they're going to be doing JUST what I was afraid they would do: Candy-coat the Muppets and make them wimpy, sugary, and plain. I LIKED the Muppets with innuendo, and it's...

Okay--Question: What's Disney planning on doing about the Mac Davis episode where they sing, "Oh, Lord it's hard to be humble..." and they get to the part about being a "he** of a man?" They gonna cut the segment from the show in an uncut version of the DVD?!

Besides that, all they had to do was say, "Special Features are unrated." And then, they won't be liable for putting anything on there.

Right now, just this second, I hate the disney company...

P

Philip Kippel

Well, maybe they cut that part of the pitch reel out because of the fact that Kermit appear in front of the CBS logo at the end. And we all know that Disney owns ABC.

Maybe they couldn't get permission to use the logo of a rival network, a reason similar to why they couldn't get permission to use the original Zoot closings with the ITV logo, since ITV no longer distributes the show.

At least this was a suggestion that someone at GelflingWaldo's Muppet Newsflash site posted in a comment.

I wonder if GelflingWaldo has an answer to this question. Where is a guy like him when you need him?:frown:

Ernie101

Reaction score
I agree with basically everything Fozzie just said. However, I will add a few of my words here..

I don't think it is fair to cut out original lines from the segments. It would be taking away from the way it was originally written. Plus, It looks like they are twisting the DVD to target the age groups of younger children. Where as, the original Muppet Show was written to where you could apply it to everyone. I don't think they will ever find another following as great as the had with the original Muppet show, because older fans may not be able to handle what has been done to the segments and characters.

I also think that it applies to if they make a new Muppet show. It would all be watered down to where only kids could get something out of it.

I'm not sure if that made any sense, maybe you can agree with that.. or maybe not..

muppet_dk

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Can someone who's gotten their box-set already confirm if the kermit line is cut? I've never seen this and I'd be very dissapointed if the only chance I get in an incomplete one.
Yep I can confirm that it's not there

rexcrk

Reaction score
Grr I hate the editing of anything especially if it's for political correctness! :attitude:

Something tells me they're gonna edit Janice's line during "Happiness Hotel" for the new release of Great Muppet Caper :concern: :sympathy:

G-MAN

Reaction score
Well, maybe like Phillip Kippel said it wasn't cut because of the word but because of the CBS logo in the background, but if it was for political correctness then that does indeed suck.