Another Movie remake of the Grinch... really?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The original song that was going to be used in the movie is more of a rock opera style song. Personally, I'm not really sure what it is about the song you hate that much. No, it's not a masterpiece, but from a composition standpoint, musically it does a good job representing the Once-ler's downfall. The guitar becomes increasingly more distorted and his singing becomes increasingly more growling, complete with echo, the further into the song.

And before you say it's modern pop-rap crap, no. It reminds me of a more family friendly Run-DMC song. Very old-school rap vibe to it. :stick_out_tongue:
After really thinking about it, it's really quite simply that I found the song annoying. Lyrics like "How bad can I be?" sound more like a song in a Saturday morning cartoon than they do a major Hollywood animated feature. The songs in the movie I thought were already bad, but that song broke me probably because I was that irritated by the previous songs. Just different taste for different people simply.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*shrugs* fair enough. But take a listen to the deleted song...despite the singer not being able to sing...it's a HUGE contrast to the other songs. This is nearly depressing...

(those are fan made storyboards)

I really couldn't take any of the songs in the movie seriously. I found them more funny than annoying. I was under the assumption they were supposed to sound cheesy...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Now that I liked. It wasn't great or anything, but it left a more positive impression on me. I would definitely like to see that animated. Real shame they cut it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You do have to remember, the target audience is young children. They probably opted for a more fluffy song approach because of that. My guess is this is "too much" for a 6 year old to really understand.

I mean, what 6 year old understands what the song is even talking abut?

(And I could have sworn biggering is an actual term used to refer to company expansion...maybe I'm thinking of a different word...*shrugs*)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just got a look at that Lorax clip.

Aw great. Now I gotta go buy the soundtrack.

That was an AWESOME villain song. I'm sure that was the best part of the film. Much better than the Ice Age villain song (and that was pretty good too)... and DEFINITELY much better than the weird rap battle ending of Hotel Transylvania (they didn't give Cee Lo enough lines in it).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"How Can I Be" didn't leave much on me. I really don't like when they put to few syllables into a line and have to stretch out others.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just got a look at that Lorax clip.

Aw great. Now I gotta go buy the soundtrack.

That was an AWESOME villain song. I'm sure that was the best part of the film. Much better than the Ice Age villain song (and that was pretty good too)... and DEFINITELY much better than the weird rap battle ending of Hotel Transylvania (they didn't give Cee Lo enough lines in it).
If you are talking about How Bad Can I Be I can give you the MP3

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to admit, the live action one wasn't that bad. You just really have to like Jim Carrey to enjoy it
There are moments where he's good in it, but those moments quickly get swallowed up by stupid, insulting jokes. I can't watch that movie for more than two seconds, lol.

The fact his hatred of the Whos was provoked and he stole Christmas, not because he was annoyed by the Whos, but rather because he didn't think they deserved it and were being hypocritical. I actually liked that concept.
I can understand liking it, but it felt extremely cliche to me. Oh he's just a villain because no one liked him. Yawn, it's been done. Plus it completely contradicted the point of the story. The Grinch is supposed to be moved by the Who's faith in Christmas. But of course Hollywood didn't want to make anything resembling faith look positive so they made the Whos hypocrites. Bad form. And again, extremely cliche.

I'm tempted to say a remake couldn't possibly be worse, but sadly I could be wrong, lol.