Any Bronies on here?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Japan will get its own My Little Pony FIM Manga

The article points out that it may be impossible to get here, due to the fact that IDW has the license to publish the comics. Not to mention the fact that the US has never gotten a recursive Manga adaption of an American product before. Well... one. That Monsters Inc Tokyo Pop manga.

And... well... from what I hear about certain other, (Cracked lists a couple here) that might not be such a bad thing.

Side note... I'd kill to see that Demonic Mario comic from Germany translated into English.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Japan will get its own My Little Pony FIM Manga

The article points out that it may be impossible to get here, due to the fact that IDW has the license to publish the comics. Not to mention the fact that the US has never gotten a recursive Manga adaption of an American product before. Well... one. That Monsters Inc Tokyo Pop manga.

And... well... from what I hear about certain other, (Cracked lists a couple here) that might not be such a bad thing.

Side note... I'd kill to see that Demonic Mario comic from Germany translated into English.
There was a Japanese Star Wars manga series that we got, too.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Drtooth

Reaction score
I forgot that one. But We've never seen any of the Transformers or TMNT ones. We couldn't even get the TMNT anime OVAs. And it's debatable if that's actually not a bad thing. We did get the Batman series as part of a book about the Japanese Batman comics, but other than that, we rarely see the weird stuff Japan does to our pop culture icons (mostly due to rights). Though Marvel did stream the Japanese Spider-Man sentai show at one point.

Still... looks like we dodge a bullet on these...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Saw the full episode. They really got their mileage with Gilbert. He also voiced a father in a short truthpaste commercial and was the voice of President Linkong.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

Ugh...so this thing is really happening. Apparently bronies (why do I cringe every time I see that word?) are really mad about it. Someone I watch on deviant art made a point of saying that bronies need to get over themselves and realize that the demographic is young girls and that not everything needs to be catered to them, despite most bronies feeling that way.

*shrugs*

I'm seeing more unfortunate implications with the official humanization of them...yeah, people drew them as humans all the time...but...well...deviantart scares me. So do bronies....the new mixed... O_e

mr3urious

Reaction score
This looks like it could be a nice holdover until season 4 premieres.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a very good reason Hasbro's doing this.

Think very closely about what Mattel has over Hasbro.

That's right. Hasbro has never really had a successful line of Barbie style dolls. They had Jem, but for some reason, they're too stubborn to revive that franchise. Not even as an IDW comic book. And as 80's Totally Radical as Jem is, they can totally change her to be more relevant. Make Jem an expy of Lady Gaga and the Misfits Niki Minaj. Or better yet... an Arcee fashion doll. Don't know how it would work, though. Hasbro is great at cartoony animals for girls, but they've been hungering to compete with the Barbie, and the best way to do that, unfortunately, is to create a sub-brand based on something that's already a hit. I'm shocked it isn't an extension of Littlest Pet Shop, they way Hasbro's shoving it in everyone's faces telling them they have to like it.

That said, this doesn't look that bad. If nothing else, it'll be a hair above most of these other things, and already far superior to Bratz. They're already pointing out it's an alternate dimension, and all it's going to be is a movie, and possibly a toy line Bronies wouldn't collect anyway (unless they're ultra obsessive completeists). This doesn't look like it's going to replace MLP. There are a decent amount of things that skew towards that fan base (Funko's Vynal figures actually looking like the characters... and the comic book seems good from what I read).

And on the bright side, the rule 34 will be slightly less disgusting. Thanks, rule 34, for making anyone who likes any cartoon a slobbering pervert.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I like the idea of the Mane 6 going into a dfferent world as humans, but I'd have to actually see it first before I judge it. I don't think I'll be able to see it in the theaters, but the god thing is that it will be on the Hub channel in the fall, followed by the fourth season premeire in the winter. All I can say is we'll wait and see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can I be honest? If I really disliked this series, rather than dig it, I'd be more annoyed they wasted a perfectly good concept on this.

I dunno... I've kinda got a thing for alternate dimension based media and plotlines.