Any Figment fans?

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I have become obsessed with the old journey into imagination via some real video clips that i found at www.figmentsimagination.com . Are there any other Figment fans? (it's been awhile and i am losing abilitys in internet communication)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh man..

I loved the only Journey into Imagination. I mean I REALLY loved it. Living only 3 hours from Disney, I saw it a great deal. What a truely wonderful ride. I mean, it was so, so great.

I think it was at its golden age when it was the original Imagination and Captain EO. Oh don't even start me on EO...i will be ranting forever (needless to say, Capt. EO is one of my favorite things in the world...I luckily have it on tape, and I usually watch it every Saturday night).

I was a really big fan of the original Figment. I have plushes in every size they produced. Personally I don't think Goelz does the voice 100%, but hey, its better than nothing I guess. I truely despise the new Imagination in comparison to the old.

Imagination fans of MuppetCentral UNITE! :big_grin:

-Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Count me in on this band wagon too.

I just got a call last week from a carfull of friends who were driving up to St. Louis for an audition. One of them had a bag from WDW showing all kinds of characters on it. The only one they didn't know was "a purple dragon". They called me to find out who it was, and then they all remembered!

I have a gigantic Figment plush that sits at the foot of my bed too, along with some other great Disney Dragons (Elliott and Malicifent)

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Oh my goodness you've made my day!! :excited: I absolutely love Figment and Journey into the Imagination. It was one of my all time favorite WDW rides and I was devestated when I found it changed on my latest trip:boo: I have my little Figment figure sitting on my bookcase though:smile:

I think it was at its golden age when it was the original Imagination and Captain EO. Oh don't even start me on EO...i will be ranting forever (needless to say, Capt. EO is one of my favorite things in the world...I luckily have it on tape, and I usually watch it every Saturday night).
You have it on tape?? Ohh, I am so jealous!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Let me just say....

In January 1996 my whoooole family went to Orlando, and after our little trip, we made it a point to avoid discussing Figment at all, except when we were recalling that little snapshot he takes of you at the end of the ride, and we're all sitting there in the little cars with our arms crossed, with looks of crusty bitterness on our normally bright smiling faces.

:boo:

We didn't like Figment. It's too long ago now for me to give a more detailed account, but we didn't like Figment.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I loved Figment when I got to see him in 1986, as did my sister. We have a picture of us with him and the Dreamfinder, and I thought they were cool.

I LOVED "JiI", and when I got to re-visit it in '95, it was pure sensual ecstasy (can ya tell Dionysus is my favorite Greek god? lol).

Walkin' through the tunnel o' colors, playin' music wif yer feet on the floor, colorin' a replica on a computer of the "JiI" building, conductin' an orchestra of animate instruments by wavin' yer hands...

*sigh*

Oh, how awesome...

Then they had to go and apparently trash it.

:grouchy:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I loved Figment when I got to see him in 1986, as did my sister. We have a picture of us with him and the Dreamfinder, and I thought they were cool.
Why you lucky devil! If I ever met the actual living Dreamfinder and his audio-animatronic Figment, I was too young to remember. I only remember seeing them in specials and whatnot. I often visit the area they used to commonly be located, though; the Imagnation water garden. When I get a chance, I'm going to go and just let a tape run for 4 hours filming the garden. Its my "calm place"...not that I need one or anything...hehe :big_grin:

-Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Why you lucky devil! If I ever met the actual living Dreamfinder and his audio-animatronic Figment, I was too young to remember.
Matt,

Actually it was a puppet that Dreamfinder carried around. Much like the same set up of Mother Goose and her Goose in "Babes in Toyland". The arm you saw holding Figment wasn't his own, but rather a fake arm. Pretty fun stuff. I miss it.:cry:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I often visit the area they used to commonly be located, though; the Imagnation water garden. When I get a chance, I'm going to go and just let a tape run for 4 hours filming the garden. Its my "calm place"...not that I need one or anything...hehe :big_grin:

-Matt
I wish I could go to the water garden any time i wanted...sigh, that would be wonderful!:smile:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Ah yes, the fountain garden. I'm a cast member at Disney MGM (yes, in the section that Muppetvision is), so I get to go to Epcot whenever I feel like it, and I often do just sit in the fountain garden and relax for a while. I agree - very calming.

Jeremy