Any Figment fans?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
that's funny cantus, same exact thing happened to my family in 2000 on TTA and SM is pretty bland with the lights on.:smile: :big_grin: :wink: :stick_out_tongue: :sleep:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Thanks for the birthday wish, Radionate. It was a good one.

I work at MGM as a showkeeper (aka Custodian). Just call me Janitor Jeremy. It just so happens that I work in the area of MGM (it's split up into 4 areas - 3,4,6,7) that houses MV3D, Area 4. So every day I get to walk by the fountain, see Kermit and Piggy (the costumed characters), and clean up around the area. It's not a dirty job, and it's really fun. I get to talk to the guests all day long and I live at Disney World - It doesn't get much better than that. Every day I hop into the MV3D store to see if the series 3 figures arrived since I get a 20% discount, but they're not in yet.

I usually work the closing shift, 12:30-8PM 5 days a week. So if you're going to be at Disney World, email me and perhaps I"ll get to meet you. Cantus, you vastly improved my MP3 collection too - I appreciate it. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to break your record of seeing Muppetvision 100 times. I've already seen it 20 times and I still have plenty of time left to go. :big_grin:

Well, I must go to work. Figment rocks everyone! Even if he's not voiced by Billy Barty anymore.

Jeremy

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor

I usually work the closing shift, 12:30-8PM 5 days a week. So if you're going to be at Disney World, email me and perhaps I"ll get to meet you. Cantus, you vastly improved my MP3 collection too - I appreciate it. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to break your record of seeing Muppetvision 100 times. I've already seen it 20 times and I still have plenty of time left to go. :big_grin:
Jeremy
Hey man any time. The gift of Muppet music is something I'm happy to give (and receive, hehe), especially when its among people I know are true fans. :smile:

Oh ho HO! Mr. Cast Member thinks he can break the 100-timer from the south's record ay? Well we'll just see about THAT mi amego! :big_grin: Actually I've seen it 102 times, as I saw it 4 times my last trip. And yeah man, when we go next, I'll be sure to shoot you an email. Maybe if your free for our MGM day we could see Muppetvision together! (well, maybe not...that helps you beat my record...LoL! :big_grin:)

And yeah, though Goelz does do a good voice job, and its cool to hear a Muppeteer doing something at WDW besides MV3D, Barty will always be the voice of Figment in my mind. Goelz doesn't have that original raspiness Barty had. His passing was unfortunate.

-Matt

jeremyactor

Reaction score
!

Oh yeah? Well we'll just see who sees it more times! Tomorrow's my day off, I may just go see it as many times as I can!

Bet you'd like to know what else is inside that building, huh? Well I know and you don't!
:attitude:

There's a lot of stuff inside the attractions that you don't know about. For example, I eat lunch every day inside Star Tours, right beneath R2D2 and C3P0 in the cue line. I can't tell you anything else about the attractions, or else I'll get in trouble though. Disney has peepers - peepers to watch!

Jeremy

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL!

Well, when your internship is over, I would be dying to know the magical, mystical things you've eaten under around MV3D. :big_grin: (lol). I know about the underground network at WDW, I just don't know its true extent, I guess...

-Matt

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Re: !

Originally posted by jeremyactor
There's a lot of stuff inside the attractions that you don't know about. For example, I eat lunch every day inside Star Tours, right beneath R2D2 and C3P0 in the cue line. I can't tell you anything else about the attractions, or else I'll get in trouble though. Disney has peepers - peepers to watch!

Jeremy
No Way!!!! That's so cool!!:excited: :zany: :big_grin: :smile:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I can tell you a bit more about the underground system at WDW without getting in trouble, so here goes.

There IS an underground system, however only at 1 1/2 of the parks. At the Magic Kingdom, you are actually on the 2nd floor, 14 feet in the air. This tunnel underneath, called the utilidor, is how you get from one area of a park to another without ruining the theming (IE, would you want someone who's dressed to work at the Haunted Mansion cutting through Adventureland? Nope.) At Epcot, there is a tunnel underneath Future World, but not underneath World Showcase. You just walk behind the buildings at WS to get from one place to another, but many of the attractions in Future World are accessible by guests from all 4 sides, hence the need for the Tunnel.

In the Disney MGM Studios, there is no tunnel. Every attraction has a backstage exit either in the attraction or adjacent to it so you don't have to walk far to get to a non-guest area. However, since it can be a long walk from one end of the park to another, and the tunnels would have really sped up your trip, we are provided with Schwinn bicycles to get from one place to another backstage more quickly. Say a Manager has to get from the Tower of Terror to Muppetvision. Those are on opposite sides of the park, so they'll hop on a bike and significantly decrease the time of their trip. Most every attraction has at least breakrooms inside/below where the guests go. There's one right between the 2 drop shafts in the Tower of Terror, and the walls move in when an elevator drops by (get it? Drops by?)

That's all I should really say, there's some stuff I'd like to expand on, but I don't exactly know what Disney will do, so I'd rather not risk it. This isn't really inside information or anything, and what I've just said is all common knowledge, but I'm a new guy and don't want to get fired, so I'll shut up now.

Jeremy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Awww...come on....you KNOW you want to tell us more....:big_grin: Heehee, just kidding, don't want you to get fired! That's really cool though, I'd love to work in WDW. I was thinking about looking into one of the intership things to work down there for a sememster.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Interesting stuff Jeremy...I think I basically knew most of it. Here is a little analogy...

Jeremy is to Disney
as Secret Squirrel is to JHC

:big_grin:

Well, maybe not to that extent, but still..:smile:

-Matt

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't say that. There's a lot of stuff I know that I'm not allowed to tell anyone. I signed a lot of stuff on my first day of work that says if I tell anyone inside information, they have the right to behead me and put my head on a pole as an example to other cast members.

Just kidding. But I would get in serious trouble, just as in any company.

Jeremy