Any Figment fans?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I love Figment, that ride was my favorite when I was a kid. I was mad when they badly changed it. anyone else heard about project gemini and hate it

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Matt,

Actually it was a puppet that Dreamfinder carried around.
Yeah Nate I knew it was either a puppet or animatronic...its just when I saw him in the clips, he REALLY seemed to have his mouth fully closed when Figment spoke. I mean, Sherri Lewis was an AMAZING ventriliquist (sp?), but at I could see her mouth move ever-so-slightly. I NEVER saw his mouth move. That paired with the fact that the voices were so vastly different (I mean with Muppet characters you can generally tell which puppeteer it is if you know the voice, because they are usually somewhat similar, but with him, it was a freakin' 180..), my assumption was that Figment was remotely operated.

Thus prooving, the man who played Dreamfinder was a very talented person. :smile:

-Matt

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Mention Figment to me, and I'll get a FLOOD of memories....Mostly about my brother! John thought Figment was the greatest thing in the world!!! He has this FGigment figure he played w/all the time, and when our Aunt Joan got to go to Orlando, (we could never afford to go when I was little), she brought John back a Figment mug!!! (With which to drink his coffee....That Aunt Joan got him addicted on at a very young age!!!) He had that mug for YEARS, until it broke. The Aunt Joan got him another one for Christmas the next year....That one broke, too, a few years later, but, by then, Figment stuff seemed to be increasingly harder to find.....

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
Ah yes, the fountain garden. I'm a cast member at Disney MGM (yes, in the section that Muppetvision is), so I get to go to Epcot whenever I feel like it, and I often do just sit in the fountain garden and relax for a while. I agree - very calming.

Jeremy
A cast member? Cool:cool: :big_grin: What do you do? I hoping for a trip to WDW this summer, maybe I'll see whatever you do.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that reminds me! Jeremy, when I'm up there next, I'll definitely try to pop around to see ya! If you email me a copy of your work schedule, I'll be sure to get over there. You helped me greatly with my mp3 collection, and I am quite grateful for that.

You'll know me! Only person in MGM wearing a Cantus shirt! :big_grin:

-Matt

Emerald

Reaction score
Figment is awesome!

I LOVED Figment, it was my favorite part of Epcot! I saw it in about 1987 and again in 1996, but didn't get to go with my family in 2000 because of Finals Week at college and I just about cried when I heard Figment was gone! Why did they do that? :smirk: He was awesome! I still sleep with my Figment doll (and Fluppy Puppy) every night.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Figment is no longer gone. In fact he is so much a part of the current Imagination that it'll make your head spin...or explode. I personally REALLY dislike this version.

I mean, its like they heard the outcry for Figment when he wasn't there, so what do they do? They pump him into the ride so much that he gets annoying! And I really didn't want that, not one bit. At a time I was a big activist for the reinstatement of Figment into Imagination. They really messed up with it. :mad:

But anyway, never fear, Figment is here, again. Or maybe you should fear. :frown: :rolleyes:

-Matt

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I NEVER saw his mouth move.
-Matt
when I saw him (and this was a looong time ago) Figments mouth moved (he bit my sister :smile: ) but he never talked (the puppet of course, not in the ride) I don't really remember the ride, but I do know figment was in it(but only towards the end?) and I was very disappointed when they took him out (he was back by the time we got down there again, the new ride is.. a bit strange.. but it's figment nonetheless)

I was also disappointed that they took out that other ride (can't remember what it's called, but you rode sideways and it showed all things in the future, it's the one the Simpsons parodied) not because I liked it, but because the last time we rode it, it got stuck and we had to listen to the animatronic people sing happy birthday to Davey for fifteen minutes until they fixed it and that's all that I can remember about the ride...

(we also got Stuck(sideways) on Space Mountain, that was kind of cool, because they turned all the lights on, so we could see everything, but that's a different story :stick_out_tongue:)

anyways, I'm definately a Figment fan, mostly because I'm nothing but a Figment of everyones imagination :wink: :eek:

Joe

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I don't really remember the ride, but I do know figment was in it(but only towards the end?)
In the original version, Figment was featured at various points all through the ride, as was Dreamfinder. Figment had a big part at the end though, wherein he was standing on a spinning film reel and movies of him in puppet form doing various things from his imagination were streaming on 9 large screen panels. That might be what you remember.

I was also disappointed that they took out that other ride (can't remember what it's called, but you rode sideways and it showed all things in the future, it's the one the Simpsons parodied)
The ride was called Horizons, and I was a big fan of that one as well, though I must say I think that the ride was closed more than it was open, especially in its last year. My family would go to Epcot at various times and see it was closed, and hope that the next trip it would open again. Finally we went and it was open, and we rode, and we thought that everything was going to be fine, being that the sign outside the pavillion said "Closed for Refurbishing." When we rode, nothing had changed at all; everything down to the last detail was the same, and nothing had been refurbished (well, at least not the actual visual aspect. The mechanical/technical aspects might have been spruced up a bit.). I think that the very next trip we went, (which I guess would have been like 4 months later,) it was closed for good. I was really upset, but, I am also kind of curious about the new NASA attraction. Hopefully it will have some potential, or at least enough to cover for the removal of a really great ride. (And yeah, Davey's birthday was always a big part of our trip as well...lol)

(we also got Stuck(sideways) on Space Mountain, that was kind of cool, because they turned all the lights on, so we could see everything, but that's a different story )
LoL. I actually had it one better. My family LOVES the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (or TTA, as us Disney buffs know it :big_grin:) people mover, which runs through Space Mountain at a point. Well on one trip, we went on, and at the point of Space Mountain, we noticed that it was unusually bright. Sure enough, we went through while all the lights on, and got to see tech crews working on a portion of the track. Heck, I might have seen you there!! :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:

-Matt