Any Green Acres fans here?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw one this morning I haven't seen in awhile with Mrs. Ziffel #2, where they were going to pave a road through the Ziffels house, so the Douglases went to the state capital to mention "Big Joe Haney",

Ziffel

Reaction score
Is this from a channel like TVland that shows an episode each day from Monday through Friday? If so, hopefully you can tune in on Monday morning because the next episode after the paving the road one is the classic "Four of Spades" where Eb's old friend visits and sings the song "I got the four of spades". Real funny lyrics there.
I've watched some more season 3 on dvd shows, including "Arnold, Boy Hero".
"Oliver's Jaded Past" is pretty hilarious, where they take a vacation back in New York. Love that restaurant scene where Oliver's chair, martini, silverware, etc. keep being stolen. And it must have been at least a dozen times they called Oliver, "Mr. Cummings" and he'd angrily correct them. I mean, I know "Acres" likes to run things in the ground but this was really a lot even for them! Wow I love that show! :big_grin:
And the show called, "How to succed in television without really trying" is great. Dilly Watkins installed the "moo activated barn door alarm". But my favorite is the ending where Fred Ziffel hears Oliver on the radio (a result of another Watkins electronic contraption) and says, "Well I'll be doggoned. I got to hand it to Mr. Douglas. His tv show was a flop and now he's right back with his own radio program."
Oh by the way, the first Doris Ziffel was much funnier than the second, wouldn't you agree?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeaaaaaaaaah I remember that episode! And no, it WAS TV Land.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to mention that at youtube there's some classic "Green Acres" clips there including one with Fred Ziffel. :smile: Just put "Green Acres Ziffel" in the search box and about five classic clips will display. The first one is with Fred Ziffel seeing the opening credits. This way some of you unfamiliar with the show can see my avatar in action. Hee hee hee!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey Ziffel, did you get my PM about season four DVD?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I just noticed a new pm while I was editing my avatar back to Fred Ziffel from the blue aardvark. That's amazing timing how just after I post for the first time in a very long time at the Green Acres thread that you had pmed me about that very show!

BEAR

Reaction score
I LOVE Green Acres!! It was one of the funniest, best written shows of that time. Although, it took me til yesterday to catch on that Ziffel is really a character on that show. I thought I recognized the picture. So silly! I am a huge fan of Eva Gabor. I also liked her as the voice of Miss Bianca in The Rescuers.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Glad you appreciate Acres, Bear, and that you now know that Ziffel isn't just some silly username I made up. :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Glad you appreciate Acres, Bear, and that you now know that Ziffel isn't just some silly username I made up. :big_grin:

Well, I knew it was a character from a classic show. Just didn't realize it was from Green Acres. I love the show, but don't really know all the characters yet. Was a fun MC family moment it my heart while watching last night. Saw the guy on TV and thought..."Hmm he looks familiar. Don't I know him? Oh wait!! Yes I do. He's my buddy on MC!":smile:

I also learned that Green Acres, Petticoat Junction and another show I don't remember crossed over a lot.

Teheheman

Reaction score
God, I haven't seen that show is a long dang time. They should put extras on the DVD, at least commentary with surviving cast members, and Arnold. Maybe they're gonna do with this like they did with MASH. Put the series with features in one big set.

Daniel