1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by DisneyWy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Dilbertos2

Dilbertos2 New Member

a new idea for a show with the muppets

I have a great idea for a new show with the muppets. First, they all live together in a house like they did in muppets from space. Secondly, they all find out that they have their college reuion coming up and kermit finds out that one of the muppets(one of the newer ones) didn't finish college. Thridly, they all go back to college to help that muppet finish college. Also, they could have celebs on the shows as teachers or other students.

I know what you are thinking. Yes, they did go to college already(muppets take manhattan) but kermit and the gang would do anything to help out a friend. I feel that if it is written right and acted well, this could be a hit for abc.
  2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I would really like to see a return of old human characters such as Nicky Holiday, Pete, Jenny etc.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should be excited, scared, or skeptic. I don't like the idea of J-Lo on the Muppets... but I'm not to thrilled with some of their guests from the 70's and 80's... I mean, Twiggy? The model that started the "starving 3rd world little boy" look? No way.

As for a format, The top two I'd like to see are the theater, or something similar to the JHH control room. As much as I liked MT, I wouldn';t like to see a similar format to that one. And a reality show? Fuhgeddabouit!

This could concievabley be better than MT, since Frank's roles have been recast, so we'll see more of his characters, and more improv out of them.
  4. Camellia

Camellia New Member

New Muppet TV Show?

hi, does anyone know if the Jim Henson Company has officially announced plans for the show? Or is this just speculation and internet gossip?

thanks! :)
    Camellia
  5. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I thought that at one time it came as official news from the Palisades web site.
  6. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Pete is dead.

A new show would be better than MT I think because now we know what new characters work and what new characters do not. There would not need to be that weird experimental season.
  7. AAO

AAO Member

I think they should do a brand-new Muppet Show, but this time do it as a thirty-minute version of SNL or MADTV but with the Muppets. Not as raunchy as the two I mentioned, but enough to keep them going. Don't go into so many song and dance numbers. I wrote one little episode for The Muppets as a class project. They said it was inventive and different and yet draws back to the original Muppets. The Muppets today rock as well as they did in the 70's and 80's...In the 90's, they seemed to be in a slump somehow, but they managed to keep their heads above water...I say give'em another chance people! 50 years of these guys, and they're still hanging around...then give'em another chance! Henson even said in an interview, "If the audience wants them to go, they'll go, but if they want them to stay, they'll stay." It seems to me that they've stayed. The Muppets back on Television, heck ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, SOMEWHERE! Give the Muppets another chance! LOL! :grouchy: but with the whole sketch comedy deal, have the general muppets do the sketches, add Kermit in one instead of him always just hosting...he's a great actor.... lOL
  8. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

Muppets DVD reveiw on today show

has anyone watched the today show? they had on August 10th, 2005
    they were talking about the muppets but there was one mistake. They had showed clips from Muppets Tonight. The good thing was that they had claimed that it is one of the best dvd sets.
  9. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Hmm, it's just hard to get excited about simple "rumors". I don't know if it's a good idea or not.. It all just depends on how they would do it, it could work in their favor, or it could become a bad thing. However, those are the risks you take with releasing any new programming.
  10. bigbirdfan

bigbirdfan New Member

:) That will be great :eek: :excited: !
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I had no idea that Pete was dead. This is like three people for me with Jerry and BHS. The curse of the threes hold up. How and when did he die?
  12. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

The new Muppet Show,

There may be a challange since some of the people who brought the muppets to life, (including Jerry Juhl) pasted away.
    But lets use our minds who, just who may bring use a new show?
    lets see,
    they have to understand the magic of Jim Henson,
    the wizardary of Frank Oz,
    the spellbounding words of Jerry Juhl.
    I would like to ask every one who do they think could capture the tallent of the original show?
    I'd like to hear from every fan.
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I know Dave is just a performer right now but he worked very closely with all three men. My answer is Dave Goelz
  14. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

whose pete?
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Sorry Kimp, Pete from MTM
  16. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

Pete (Louis Zorich) is not dead. Not according to any info I could find anyway. IMDB has no indication of it, nor does any other web pages I could find.
    -Artie
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Does anybody know for sure if Pete from MTM has passed away or not?
  18. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I couldh ave sowrn I heard about his death on npr years ago but apprently he just did something in 2004.
  19. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Yes, I agree that Dave Goelz will continue the classic Muppet spirit along with Steve Whitmire. Maybe they could also get help from Susan Juhl for the writing. And of course...Brian Henson.