1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by DisneyWy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

2. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

So...Im guessing this show is off?
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Depends which show you mean. As of now the americas next muppet is going to premeir. The "new" show they were talking about is canceld :(
  4. Marky

Marky Member

To what 'Other show' are you referring to (besides the America's Next Muppet?
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

There was origionaly plans for a new full time show from what I understand. I could be wrong though
  6. Marky

Marky Member

Whoa! That'd be toooooo awesome. They obviously have a set built for the Muppet Show still.

In fact, when that German Co. had the Muppets, I remember hearing that it was their intention to bring the show bask - as if the 20 year time lapse hadn't happened (you know what I mean).

The closest They've come theme-wise would be IaVMMCM, I suppose. That's why I love that special.
  7. tinweirdo

tinweirdo New Member

Kevin Clash was featured on I Love toys on VH1 last night!
  8. Marky

Marky Member

Neato mosquito. What did he do?
  9. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Do you think Frank (Oz) and Jerry (Nelson) would come back to perform? Who would perform Jim (Henson) and Richard (Hunt's) characters?
  10. Tim

Tim Member

Frank wouldn't have to, they've already replaced him Jerry, maybe if he felt like working that hard. Isn't Richard's brother doing Scooter?
  11. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

Adam Hunt did Scooters Voice in Muppets from Space but most recently Ricky Boyd has taken over Scooter.

I doubt Frank and Jerry would come out of retirement.
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I just wanted to say that Ricky Boyd did an outstanding job with Scooter in MWoO. It was almost flawless.
  13. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Wait a minute, they're not doing the full time show? I'm getting confused. Some one explain what's going on.
  14. aaronmojo

aaronmojo Member

If they end up doing a new show, are they completely married to the variety show format? Why retread what they've already done -- why not do a Columbo or Magnum PI type of show, where Kermit is a private eye and Piggy is his secretary, and Fozzie and Gonzo are his goofy assistants... Or the show is in Vegas, and Kermit is the detective, and Fozzie is a lousy local comedian, Piggy is a showgirl... Of course they wouldn't play it completely straight. Lots of winking at the audience. They would realize they were in a TV show. But you could throw just about every Muppet in there at one time or another...

I really don't think the variety show format has much chance of surviving without cramming it full of crass, lowbrow humor. Otherwise it's going to be marginalized as a children's show, and I think we'd all like to see something a little different.

Of course, if a variety show is what they come up with, heck, I'd give it a look-see.
  15. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

The vegas idea makes me think..... Csi: Muppets

Well the autopsy scenes would be funny anyways... they do a funny camera angle on all the stuffing and foam as they zoom in on where a puppet was shot...or they have the bodies get up and talk ala veternarians hospital....

"I think he lost his legs before he was killed"

"I'm a puppet...I have no legs"
  16. ElFozzie

ElFozzie New Member

Can't wait for new show! Sounds ace
  17. tinweirdo

tinweirdo New Member

Did anyone really like Very Merry Muppet Christmas? I always thought it was a missing something a great deal. Maybe Frank Oz.
  18. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Who do you guys think would host?

Actually, it's painful to think about who Disney would want to host. Who would you guys LIKE to see host?
  19. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

20. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Er, whoops, I mean guest star. My bad.