Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Dilbertos2

Reaction score
a new idea for a show with the muppets

I have a great idea for a new show with the muppets. First, they all live together in a house like they did in muppets from space. Secondly, they all find out that they have their college reuion coming up and kermit finds out that one of the muppets(one of the newer ones) didn't finish college. Thridly, they all go back to college to help that muppet finish college. Also, they could have celebs on the shows as teachers or other students.

I know what you are thinking. Yes, they did go to college already(muppets take manhattan) but kermit and the gang would do anything to help out a friend. I feel that if it is written right and acted well, this could be a hit for abc.

unclematt

Reaction score
I would really like to see a return of old human characters such as Nicky Holiday, Pete, Jenny etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if I should be excited, scared, or skeptic. I don't like the idea of J-Lo on the Muppets... but I'm not to thrilled with some of their guests from the 70's and 80's... I mean, Twiggy? The model that started the "starving 3rd world little boy" look? No way.

As for a format, The top two I'd like to see are the theater, or something similar to the JHH control room. As much as I liked MT, I wouldn';t like to see a similar format to that one. And a reality show? Fuhgeddabouit!

This could concievabley be better than MT, since Frank's roles have been recast, so we'll see more of his characters, and more improv out of them.

Camellia

Reaction score
New Muppet TV Show?

hi, does anyone know if the Jim Henson Company has officially announced plans for the show? Or is this just speculation and internet gossip?

thanks! :smile:
Camellia

unclematt

Reaction score
I thought that at one time it came as official news from the Palisades web site.

MWoO

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I would really like to see a return of old human characters such as Nicky Holiday, Pete, Jenny etc.
Pete is dead.

A new show would be better than MT I think because now we know what new characters work and what new characters do not. There would not need to be that weird experimental season.

AAO

Reaction score
I think they should do a brand-new Muppet Show, but this time do it as a thirty-minute version of SNL or MADTV but with the Muppets. Not as raunchy as the two I mentioned, but enough to keep them going. Don't go into so many song and dance numbers. I wrote one little episode for The Muppets as a class project. They said it was inventive and different and yet draws back to the original Muppets. The Muppets today rock as well as they did in the 70's and 80's...In the 90's, they seemed to be in a slump somehow, but they managed to keep their heads above water...I say give'em another chance people! 50 years of these guys, and they're still hanging around...then give'em another chance! Henson even said in an interview, "If the audience wants them to go, they'll go, but if they want them to stay, they'll stay." It seems to me that they've stayed. The Muppets back on Television, heck ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, SOMEWHERE! Give the Muppets another chance! LOL! :grouchy: but with the whole sketch comedy deal, have the general muppets do the sketches, add Kermit in one instead of him always just hosting...he's a great actor.... lOL

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Muppets DVD reveiw on today show

has anyone watched the today show? they had on August 10th, 2005
they were talking about the muppets but there was one mistake. They had showed clips from Muppets Tonight. The good thing was that they had claimed that it is one of the best dvd sets.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Hmm, it's just hard to get excited about simple "rumors". I don't know if it's a good idea or not.. It all just depends on how they would do it, it could work in their favor, or it could become a bad thing. However, those are the risks you take with releasing any new programming.