1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by DisneyWy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Tim Allen (spelling?), and Robin Williams (spelling?).
  2. Pianodog

Pianodog New Member

In my humble opinion, VMMC is by far the best of the newer Muppet movies. It has a great deal of heart, and the Muppets, for once, are playing themselves!

And Amicus, if the reasons you state for recasting are the true ones, then I can appreciate the thought. But: first of all I don't think that's the real reason, and secondly, I think Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire do great work. If anything has been lacking lately, it's because of unsatisfying scripts and half-hearted ideas - I wouldn't fault the performers.

Burlesque.
  3. Pianodog

Pianodog New Member

Completely off? Could you tell me a little more, please? There seems to be more to this than I realised. Do you have a link, or could you just say a few words about the recasting and the TV Land Awards thing? I would appreciate it.

Pianodog.
  4. Pianodog

Pianodog New Member

Humshki burrdi boo shka nishki me! (Swedish for "Yes I am" :) ). Just kidding, as I hope you understand. Swedish really doesn't sound much like the culinary lunatic we all know and love, but the funny thing is that he's immensely popular in Sweden! Go figure. By the way, the Swedish Chef clip in "Sex and Violence" begins with a sign that says "Järnvägskorsning", which means "railroad crossing" in Swedish: it's hilarious because it has nothing to do with anything!

Now that I've been a good boy and answered your question, will you please answer mine :p ? Once more, in Swedish: "Nu när jag har varit en snäll pojke och svarat på din fråga, kan du då vara så snäll och svara på min :p ?"

Pianodog.
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Theres a new show???????

you mean on TBS
  6. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

That would be awesome!!!!!
  7. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Yeah, if you're going to do a new Muppet project, you need a script and plotline with some bite to it. And NO meddling from fad-obsessed studio execs.

Hey, I wonder if they ought to hire some fans to put together some scripts? I think that a lot of the guys (and girls) on this forum could do a bang-up job.

Crazy Harry: Did someone say bang? (huge explosion rocks the forum)
  8. JimJudy

JimJudy New Member

Sweet!

Hopefully it will last along time!!!!!!I really want to see the muppets in a TV series again!
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Don't we all.
  10. I know i'd watch it
  11. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I think it's pretty safe to say we won't have a new muppet show for some time...
  12. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

13. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Which sucks, but what about America's Next Top Muppet? Did that get cancelled before it got started?

Daniel

14. Seems like nobody really knows for sure. Its not been confirmed that it was cancelled nor has it been confirmed it is still going to come out. Based on the fact that nothing has really been mentioned of it anywhere since it was first announced, I would venture to say that it don't look good.
  15. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

:cry: I miss the muppets.
  16. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

i miss them allot to :(
  17. greg

greg New Member

I liked the format of Muppets Tonight. I would love to see them retool it & bring back as many of the older characters as they can cram in. Just seeing Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, & Fozzie isn't nearly as fun as bringing back Dr. Teeth, Link Hogthrob, Lew Zealand, Lewis Kazagger, Mildred Huxteader, Hilda, Annie Sue, Crazy Harry, or any of the other crazy off the wall characters that make the Muppets so funny. The variety show format is the best way to showcase all of these kinds of characters.
  18. Marky

Marky Member

Muppets Tonight lost me at "I'm your homey made of foamey".

...Ugh! Your who?
  19. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

lol, I think that the whole Variety Show format is basically dead in the fact that there's nobody really doing it now. It's all basically sitcoms, or dramas. I think that they should do another Muppet Show with a lot of the original supporting cast, a couple of new characters, and without Pepe(sorry to all Pepe fans, I just don't think that the Muppets are any good with him in the line-up)

Daniel
  20. Marky

Marky Member

I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit. I mean, Pepe was funnt at first, in a quirky way, but he's kind of a one-joke thing, y'know?

There wouldn't be anything wrong with more straight-to TV or DVD movies from them. Thing is, we ain't gettin' any.

****** DISNEY - SELL THEM TO SOMEONE WHO WILL DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!!!!