Any news on the New Muppet Show?

pepestarr

Reaction score
Adam Hunt did Scooters Voice in Muppets from Space but most recently Ricky Boyd has taken over Scooter.

I doubt Frank and Jerry would come out of retirement.

unclematt

Reaction score
pepestarr said:
Adam Hunt did Scooters Voice in Muppets from Space but most recently Ricky Boyd has taken over Scooter.

I doubt Frank and Jerry would come out of retirement.
I just wanted to say that Ricky Boyd did an outstanding job with Scooter in MWoO. It was almost flawless.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Wait a minute, they're not doing the full time show? I'm getting confused. Some one explain what's going on.

aaronmojo

Reaction score
If they end up doing a new show, are they completely married to the variety show format? Why retread what they've already done -- why not do a Columbo or Magnum PI type of show, where Kermit is a private eye and Piggy is his secretary, and Fozzie and Gonzo are his goofy assistants... Or the show is in Vegas, and Kermit is the detective, and Fozzie is a lousy local comedian, Piggy is a showgirl... Of course they wouldn't play it completely straight. Lots of winking at the audience. They would realize they were in a TV show. But you could throw just about every Muppet in there at one time or another...

I really don't think the variety show format has much chance of surviving without cramming it full of crass, lowbrow humor. Otherwise it's going to be marginalized as a children's show, and I think we'd all like to see something a little different.

Of course, if a variety show is what they come up with, heck, I'd give it a look-see.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The vegas idea makes me think..... Csi: Muppets

Well the autopsy scenes would be funny anyways... they do a funny camera angle on all the stuffing and foam as they zoom in on where a puppet was shot...or they have the bodies get up and talk ala veternarians hospital....

"I think he lost his legs before he was killed"

"I'm a puppet...I have no legs"

tinweirdo

Reaction score
Did anyone really like Very Merry Muppet Christmas? I always thought it was a missing something a great deal. Maybe Frank Oz.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Who do you guys think would host?

Actually, it's painful to think about who Disney would want to host. Who would you guys LIKE to see host?