1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by DisneyWy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. MrsPepper Active Member

Oh man, Cory.

:D

That's all I have to say.

**is happy**
  2. unclematt Active Member

This is eating me up alive. I can not stand the anticipation.
  3. TotallySpiesFan New Member

89 was actually the Jim Henson Hour.
  4. Luke Active Member

No its not the Skrumps. Ever wonder what the Muppets do behind closed doors, whats happened to em since the last movie? Look around and you might find out!
  5. unclematt Active Member

These messages are getting more and more cryptic
  6. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm not sure...but I think that's the idea...I guess they're intended to make us think, or investigate, or they could just be speculation, or hype, or hyperbole, or just...something to lock onto and make us excited and anticipated (word?) for news that may be coming.

*shrugs*

I for one am MOST intrigued.
  7. Super Scooter New Member

The answers are there. You just have to find 'em. ;) Well, most of them, anyway.
  8. SarahOnBway Member

This post is long and I haven't read all of it, so if this is a repetition of something, I'm sorry!

I just read on the Muppet wikia site that Bill Barretta directed a pilot, which completed in January 2007, in mocumentary-style following the Muppets as they went about trying to produce a new TV show.

Is this what the archaic hints are pointing to?
  9. Beauregard Well-Known Member

...wow...now THIS is more like information...what else do you know?
  10. SarahOnBway Member

As I haven't yet made 10 posts I can't link haha! But if you go to the Muppet wikia page and search for 2007 Presentation Pilot it should pop right up!

It sounds pretty cool, actually! I love the whole Fozzie-worked-on-Moesha thing. Much better than the idea for America's Next Muppet.
  11. Beauregard Well-Known Member

You're right, I never liked the concept, or anything to do with the idea of America's Next Muppet, or the FoxPilot, or any of the new-er show ideas...however, I found the page you mentioned, read it, stared at it a bit, re-read it, stared some more. And this is the first 'New Show' idea I have seen that I trully love from first sight.

I won't copy the contents here, because I am really not sure if I should at this stage. But if you want to hype, go check it out.
  12. SarahOnBway Member

I'm right there with you Beau. It's got the GOOD butterflies-in-my-tummy feeling, not the UH-OH butterflies. The Muppets are their best when they're a hair away from complete and total failure. I can totally see that happening here.
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

YES! So many times before I have had BAD butterflies. Mwoo gave me them, and look how that turned out...This, this gives me good butterflies...which is convinient because I have some good toastflies here too.
  14. SarahOnBway Member

You know those things that the Toe Ticklers turn into on Fraggle Rock? That's what my bad butterflies look like in my head. They freak me out.
  15. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Toe-Ticklers was the first Fraggle Rock episode I saw, and coincidently my favorite. I just loved how they were nice, then pests, then locked away, and then finally they became these amazing creatures...

Reminds me of the Muppets...fun (TMS, etc) then annoying (KSY, MWoO), and now...oooh, they COULD be butterflies!
  16. Fozzie Bear Moderator

17. SarahOnBway Member

We're totally having the same conversation on two different threads hehe.

Yeah, I was completely disheartened by WoO and KSY--particularly the latter which was so awful I physically had a hard time watching it. I had such high hopes after Very Merry... Hopefully those hopes can soon be restored!
  18. Beauregard Well-Known Member

We of MC are good at having one conversation in two threads...or somethimes two conversations in one thread...

I have a whole lot of thoughts on the Pilot...but I'll wait and see if a new thread is going to be started before I start gushing in various threads.
  19. SarahOnBway Member

Yes. New thread = very good idea.

hehe, I feel so accomplished! :excited:
  20. Barry Lee Active Member

Woawoawoah. That's a very awesome idea, here's to hoping this becomes a new show!! Very smart clever, and fresh idea. Fozzie writing for "Moesha," who knew?

Also, welcome to the boards SarahonBway!