Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Pianodog

Reaction score
tinweirdo said:
Did anyone really like Very Merry Muppet Christmas? I always thought it was a missing something a great deal. Maybe Frank Oz.
In my humble opinion, VMMC is by far the best of the newer Muppet movies. It has a great deal of heart, and the Muppets, for once, are playing themselves!

And Amicus, if the reasons you state for recasting are the true ones, then I can appreciate the thought. But: first of all I don't think that's the real reason, and secondly, I think Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire do great work. If anything has been lacking lately, it's because of unsatisfying scripts and half-hearted ideas - I wouldn't fault the performers.

Burlesque.

Pianodog

Reaction score
Completely off? Could you tell me a little more, please? There seems to be more to this than I realised. Do you have a link, or could you just say a few words about the recasting and the TV Land Awards thing? I would appreciate it.

Pianodog.

Pianodog

Reaction score
Humshki burrdi boo shka nishki me! (Swedish for "Yes I am" :smile: ). Just kidding, as I hope you understand. Swedish really doesn't sound much like the culinary lunatic we all know and love, but the funny thing is that he's immensely popular in Sweden! Go figure. By the way, the Swedish Chef clip in "Sex and Violence" begins with a sign that says "Järnvägskorsning", which means "railroad crossing" in Swedish: it's hilarious because it has nothing to do with anything!

Now that I've been a good boy and answered your question, will you please answer mine :stick_out_tongue: ? Once more, in Swedish: "Nu när jag har varit en snäll pojke och svarat på din fråga, kan du då vara så snäll och svara på min :stick_out_tongue: ?"

Pianodog.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Pianodog said:
In my humble opinion, VMMC is by far the best of the newer Muppet movies. It has a great deal of heart, and the Muppets, for once, are playing themselves!

And Amicus, if the reasons you state for recasting are the true ones, then I can appreciate the thought. But: first of all I don't think that's the real reason, and secondly, I think Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire do great work. If anything has been lacking lately, it's because of unsatisfying scripts and half-hearted ideas - I wouldn't fault the performers.

Burlesque.
Yeah, if you're going to do a new Muppet project, you need a script and plotline with some bite to it. And NO meddling from fad-obsessed studio execs.

Hey, I wonder if they ought to hire some fans to put together some scripts? I think that a lot of the guys (and girls) on this forum could do a bang-up job.

Crazy Harry: Did someone say bang? (huge explosion rocks the forum)

JimJudy

Reaction score
Sweet!

Hopefully it will last along time!!!!!!I really want to see the muppets in a TV series again!