Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Just saw the commercial for it. It was bad, huh?
Dont watch it, its a waste of time. The opening is just a really annoying song, with "Shaggy" and scooby dancing in the background with like a 70s vibe to it. The animation on scooby is very angualr (And his eyes were replaces with two dots with lines above and below, Shaggy looks like hes maybe 14 or so, and his voice is WAY WAY WAY WAY of. What happened to the guy from Whats new Scooby doo?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
Shaggy looks like hes maybe 14 or so, and his voice is WAY WAY WAY WAY of. What happened to the guy from Whats new Scooby doo?
You mean Casey Kasem, the original voice of Shaggy Rogers? I asked myself the same question.

Apparently, this new voice for Shaggy is Scott Menville, who voiced Robin in Teen Titans. When I found out that, I felt even more depressed over the show's cancellation, because Menville had such a great thing going with TT.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hmmm...that would explain the slight robinish pitch to his voice :big_grin: I was trying to think of who it sounded like...but still, :stick_out_tongue:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well I understand everyone is just hating the show. Well like I said in another post I'm going to watch it before I judge it. So there.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Well I understand everyone is just hating the show. Well like I said in another post I'm going to watch it before I judge it. So there.
I'm not really hating on it (I saw a recent photo of what Fred, Daphne, and Velma look on the show and had a few hopes for it). I just don't think the creators thought carefully about it during its development. It doesn't have the same feel that the previous incarnations had (that includes the Scrappy-Doo era, which I still despise to this very day).

I'll watch it, too. That is, if I can find the time on Saturday morning to check it out (W.I.T.C.H. usually comes on the same time it does).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... Don't think that's correct, unless your affiliate has a different schedule.
W.I.T.C.H. is airing on Saturdays and Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM EST, wtih their new Season 2 episodes premiereing exclusively on the weekends. They got bumped out of the weekday lineup, and more importantly their promotions for new episodes also got bumped with Monday Premieres for the rest of the slate.
Not sure, but Shaggy and Scooby Get a Clue airs on Kids CW at either 9:00 or 9:30 AM EST.

Should know, since I'm watching a battery of shows around that time meself trying to keep up with everything.
Winks Club starts me off at 8, then it's Oban Star Racers at 8:30, Pokemon Battle Frontier from 9 to 10, Yugio Capsule Monsters at 10, The Batman at 10:30 flipping over to W.I.T.C.H. at the same time, Monkey Team at 11, and finish that off with Lunatics at 11:30.
Also flipping through Jettix and some of CW or Cartoon Network lineups in between.
Hope this helps.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Whoa. You're right, Count.:smile:

I just checked my viewing guide and Shag & Scoob do come on before W.I.T.C.H.! My bad!:embarrassed:

It was actually reruns of Ben 10 that kept me from watching the show. But since they're showing eps that I already have on videotape, I can find the time to tune in this Saturday before W.I.T.C.H. airs.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? But doesn't Ben Ten air at, well, 10:00 AM?
At any rate... Been watching the Pokemon series, which also is a bit of a let down in the voice talents department... That's what mainly takes up my viewing time then, combined with the fact that I just don't like the new Scooby-Doo series based on the bad voicework explains why I've yet to see the new show.

*Sigh... At least the direct-to-video movies preserve the essence of what Scooby-Doo and the gang should be. And of course there are memories from all the old shows like the crossover with Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, Dog Wonder.
Sorry... Reminiscing a little... Have a good night or morning or whatever it might be in your "neck" of the woods.

Rose

Reaction score
Well I always liked the show sllthough it's been a few years since I auctally watched it. I seen just about all of them wel the old ones anyway from 1969 through the 70's. I'm a big fan of retor tv anyway I love that time frame.

I was watching four Scooby-Doo movies on Cartoon Network last week and thinking if there were any Scooby-Doo fans here on the MC forums.

I'm sort of an on-and-off-again Scooby fan (which means sometimes I feel like one and sometimes I don't), and I love all of the characters on the shows, including Daphne.:wink:

But I'm just curious if anyone here are Scooby-haters or Scooby-lovers.:smile: