Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow. It's good to see this thread active again.:smile:

Hey, has anyone seen the newest Scooby-Doo movie they came out with this year? That "Pirates Ahoy" movie? It's awesome!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Saw it, but in Spanish instead of English. Man, that's been one of my CN affiliate's biggest problems ever since it debuted back in 92.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Shoot. That'd be one of the main reason why I should take Spanish classes, in case I see a program that looks awesome but is only available in that one language.:smile:

What was it like hearing Scooby speak in Spanish, Count?:wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoy doing that on my Dish Network where you can change the langues. He pretty much sounds like himself but with a spanish acent. Pretty funny tho.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I could imagine.:smile: I wonder how you say "Zoinks!" or "Jinkies!" in Spanish.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't know but it probley sound pretty funny in spanish. Maybe I'll look it up sometime.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Or you guys can ask me instead...

Scooby sounds like himself... Well, more or less. In Spanish, his speech comes through much clearer, you can understand his dialogue as if it were normal spoken dialogue, just with a sort of slight normal-toned muffling.
Zoinks doesn't exist or translate into Spanish, they just use other words that get the message of what "zoinks" would mean.
Jinkys is Jinkys, except said as if you were saying with a Spanish voice.

And my biggest pet peeve about Scooby-Doo in Spanish is Velma's name.
Her name is "V-E-L-M-A" with an "e", so it should stay as Velma in Spanish.
But noooooooo. They translate it into "V-I-L-M-A" with an "i", which is just wrong, as that's the name in Spanish of another classic HB character I just particularly don't like.
You guys got any other questions, LMK and I'll do my best to answer 'em.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Count said:
Fine... *Tosses box into the air to see who'll catch it first: Scooby-Kyle or Biggy and Yakey.
If you want, head on over to Michael Crawford's website, www.mcwtoys.com, and check out the reviews for the HB figures from McFarlane.
Scooby-Kyle: Rats!

Yakky: Yes! I got the box of scooby Kyle snacks.

Biggy: Not unless I do this. *jumps on Yakky and squishes him* HA!

*rolls long tongue out and grabs it* Now ri rot the Rooby Ryle Snacks. Rah ha ha ha ha...*GLUP!* Mmmmmm rood to the rore.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK boys, you've had your snacks... Now off you go to track down that mysterious ghostie that's been taking everybody else's cookies.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Scooby-Kyle: Rok. *starts sniffing the ground*

Yakky: Does he do that all the time?

Biggy: I don't know. Ask his ower.