Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Yeah...me too.. ; )

Too bad she isnt real...but if she was...:flirt: :flirt:
I had such a major crush on Daphne, she was like my second crush as a kid (my first was the blonde girl on the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate can :embarrassed: )

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I had such a major crush on Daphne, she was like my second crush as a kid (my first was the blonde girl on the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate can
Oh yeah...if Daphne was real, I'd run up to her and give her a big hug and kiss..:flirt: :flirt:

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I had such a major crush on Daphne, she was like my second crush as a kid (my first was the blonde girl on the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate can :embarrassed: )

LOL

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I love scooby. I'm not one of those crazy fans though. I see aa scooby toy cheap, I might buy it, but eh...

Has anyone seen this show called Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue? I saw it a week (?) ago on kids wb, and was horrified

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think the problem with the Scooby Doo movies was that it wasn't sure if it was a teen movie or a kid's movie. Obviously Scooby Doo's was originally a cartoon for kids, so they had to appeal to that group. But Scooby Doo also has all these adult in-jokes that everyone likes, so they had to put that in.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Zoinks! Hey Scooby Kyle, will you track down the scary monster for a Scooby Snack?

Been a fan of that mystery-tracking crew since I was young, grew up with it in my cartoon childhood. And when I still had better sight, Daphne (the original sophisticated version) was fright up there with other cartoon cuties of various species I've crushed on.

Heck, such a fan was I, I can tell you how it was that the characters clothing changed when they switched from the original cartoons to the 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, the one series that left me feeling empty with its non-resolution of no 13th ghost to be captured.

Only seen the second movie, which I liked for the most part in terms of its story, except for the part where Shaggy and Scooby drink the personality changing potion.
Seen most of the animated movies, bummer is that my Cartoon Network affiliate always shows anything Scooby-Doo related in Spanish instead of English. They debuted the newest one Scooby-Doo Pirates Ahoy the other week. They always turn October into Scooby-Doo month. Good that a follower of the classic canine, Courage the Cowardly Dog, is getting some spotlight as it's been paired up with one of my current faves The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

As far as the animated movies, I treat the following as the classic trilogy:
Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf, and The Boo Brothers, and The Ghoul School.

Daphne and Velma were the trailblazers for others like Brenda from the Teen Angels and Josie and the Pussycats.
The new show, Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue is just horrid, don't watch it.

And Bo, MuppetWritter's started a new crossover between Sesame Street and the Batman Begins movie, check it out.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The Count said:
Heck, such a fan was I, I can tell you how it was that the characters clothing changed when they switched from the original cartoons to the 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, the one series that left me feeling empty with its non-resolution of no 13th ghost to be captured.
Hmmm, so I guess the "Thirteen Ghosts of Scooby Doo" line in the Outkast song "Land of a Million Drums" for the first live action movie is a tribute to that?

Woke up from a long night of hanging out with Shaggy
Oh no, lost my last baggy of scoobie snackies
Shaggy wake up, we've been had
Our scooby snacks they got the whole stash
He said, who who, I don't have a clue
I suspect the thirteen ghosts of Scoobie Doo
Call Vincent Price up on the Nextel
Tell him to send another package right through the mail
In the meantime, I'mma call Thelma to tell her
To get the Mystery Machine ready
I'm two-wayin Daphne and Freddy
Me and Shaggy dressed in all black, strapped
Dippin through the flash tryin to get our stash back
Roundin up suspects, collection' clues
I got a question, where the **** is Scooby Doo when you need em?
The hound's only found when you feed him
In fact he probably got my sack
Tell him holler back

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Guess it'd be a reference to the series The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo itself.
And though the character was voiced by Vincent Price (or a reasonable voice double) he was named Vincent van Ghoul.

Not to mention they got Velma's name wrong saying "Thelma" instead.
Hope this helps.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I've whached ever virsion of the show a hundred times when I was little but I not a big fan of it.

I love a pup named Scooby Doo however. Very funny stuff! I wish Cartoon Network would show all the episodes, though.