Anyone Famous Come from Your Hometown?

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Norbert Blüm (politician, writer and TV personality) is from the town where I currently live. I actually met him and he was really nice.

As for famous people coming from my hometown, I know the band ZZTop is from Houston, and the lady who was in the Bridget Jones films was also from there, but I don't know her name. Clint Black (country singer) is from a suburb of Houston, and I met his brother in acting class eons ago when I was living there. I think Patrick Swayze came from Houston too, but don't quote me on that.

Otherwise, I don't know who else, but I guess a lot of people do, since Houston is over 1,000,000 strong. :wink: I did go to school with a guy named Tim Burton, but it was not the famous director.

As a sidenote, one of my friends was telling me once, 'I never met anyone famous', but in the same breath she said that the film 'The Outsiders' was made practically in her own backyard. She got to meet the whole crew from that film. I laughed and looked at her, 'You've never met anyone famous?' I asked. That made me roll on the floor laughing. She met them, and yet, she didn't consider them famous.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Mac Davis born Actor singer Lubbock

Buddy Holly Born singer Lubbock

Gill goodacre supper model Lubbock TX

:wink::smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Love Buddy Holly!

Though I don't understand something... why do people raz me for once confusing Tom Arnold for Greg Proops when they all talk about him looking exactly like Buddy Holly? Other than the glasses (which Holly's is more similar to Drew Carey's), there's really NO resemblance!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to cheat quite a bit, as I consider certain cities my "hometowns" even if I don't live there anymore...and I happen to have a few famous people that came from these places!

First of all, I no longer visit or live in Camden, South Carolina, but the baseball hall of famer Larry Doby was born there.

Then there's Tryon, North Carolina, my current hometown, which is mystery author Lilian Jackson Braun's residence.

And then there's the Asheville, NC metropolitan area (I include Brevard, Cullowhee, & Sylva in there), which is the residence of Christine Kane (folk singer) and also where Thomas Wolfe (Look Homeward, Angel) lived for much of his life. Also, Asheville was where the 90s Richie Rich movie with Macauley Culkin was filmed (technically, it was filmed at the world-famous Biltmore Estate, but still...).

Then there's the Durham-Raleigh area, where James Taylor (yes, THAT James Taylor) was born.

And finally there's the Blacksburg, Virginia area. Fun fact about Blacksburg: It was the first fully-networked city in America waaay back in the late 80s!

BJ

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't see how James Taylor made it big... he really can't sing at all... ever heard his cover of "How Sweet It Is (To Loved By You)"? Sounds TERRIBLY off-key!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can I just include people born in England? And claim Keira Knightly and Rose from Titanic? Hehe.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
If Beau gets to do that, I claim all Canadians! Which includes most male north american comedians, and female solo singers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If Beau gets to do that, I claim all Canadians! Which includes most male north american comedians, and female solo singers.
Mike Myers, Chevy Chase, John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Will Arnett, Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles (he claims to be Canadian because his parents were), Brent and his Butt, Rick Moranis, Dave Thompson, Joe Flaherty, Sid and Marty Krofft just to name a few. :halo: