Anyone going to see Tangled?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Everyone is looking forward to your movie I think, Disney. The worst I have heard from others is the characters look like Dreamworks characters, but that only makes sense given who draw them (and I happen to like Dreamworks style as well as classical Disney)

Drtooth

Reaction score
(actually looking forward to Megamind more... ducks)

Redsonga

Reaction score
(actually looking forward to Megamind more... ducks)
I can't help it, I'm just more for fairy tales. I'm going to see both though. I have to say on the whole I look forward to more animated movies than live action ones:excited:

Disney

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this film will deliver.
Great to hear that you guys are excited for Tangled. Have you heard about the cast? The charismatic Mandy Moore is doing the voice for Rapunzel, and the witty Zachary Levi does the voice for Flynn. Do you think this is a good match up? How well do you guys think this duo will perform together in an animated film? From what you've seen in the trailers, do you like their chemistry?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I might see it. Depends on whether or not I can get somebody to see it with me.

Nick22

Reaction score
I can't help it, I'm just more for fairy tales. I'm going to see both though. I have to say on the whole I look forward to more animated movies than live action ones:excited:
i'm with you. i enjoy fairy tales much more. and i'm not a huge fan of dreamworks.

Disney

Reaction score
So happy about tangled
Great to hear that you are excited for Tangled! It's coming out in less than a month, so fortunately you don't have to wait much longer. To hold you over for a bit, you should check out this cool video about how they made Rapunzel's hair in the movie. And trust me, it wasn't easy...

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like Dreamworks okay, it's just not my favorite overall :smile:.
To what Disney said, who is doing the voices in a totally new film doesn't really effect what I think of the film. It could just as well be done by a couple of unknown new actors IMHO. If they do a good job that is all that matters to me. Selling a film mainly because of star names doing the voices is kind of selling a good story in itself short sometimes...

Disney

Reaction score
If they do a good job that is all that matters to me.
I agree, and I think that's the bottom line. Fortunately in the case of Tangled, we have great actors/actresses plus a spectacular fairy tale to work with (not to mention a fresh new twist to the tale). I don't think we are selling ourselves short by mentioning the cast, I just think it is an added bonus. Hopefully you fans will enjoy it. Thanks. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like Dreamworks okay, it's just not my favorite overall :smile:.
To be fair, I really think Dreamworks came quite a ways since the first movies they made. For one thing, they're actually good. Over the Hedge was a turning point... then Kung Fu Panda (which they almost made like a serious comedic Kung Fu film) and How to Train Your Dragon (which I have yet to see, but only hear wonderful things about). Even Shrek 4 was devoid of farts and the nonstop barrage of pop culture references (aside from the whole "It's a Wonderful Life" story).