...Anyone here ever been made fun of?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Really, the only comments I ever got were people telling me their own nice memories and experiences with the Street and the Show. And that's how I met my wife!
Ah yes, the magic of "Utah"...:rolleyes:

(Sorry, I just did a Quinn-ism there...you know if I had said that, you woulda come right back with that very same phrase with "Kentucky" in there instead).

And hey, don't doubt me, I'm gettin' rrrrrrrully good at "-isms". Just ask Emmy. I've already nailed a few Emmyisms for her. :wink:

roadrat15

Reaction score
A few friends not in the "the know " think I'm weird for being 31 years old and still loving the muppets and old classic SS. you've gotta have a little bit of of childlike magic in you in order to be truly whole . . .that's what I think anyway. all the scoffers can taking a running jump!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I can't say that I've been made fun of about that. Since I live in a college dorm, I don't watch the show here because people may overhear the sounds of the show and that would be kind of embarassing. I have the same problem whenever I see a preview for Pokemon. (That's a show that I absolutely can't stand, so don't start any rumors. Lol.) Anyway, if I wanted to watch Sesame Street, I'd probably watch it when no one else was around.

Thijs

Reaction score
On High School I never told anyone about it, but when I was 10 I told everyone I watched Sesame Street, and a week later everyone started to watch it again!!! No I`m a student, and students are always a little bit weird, compared to the wierd things other students do, watching Sesame Street is kinda normal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh I to well know what its like to be horrendously teased and tormented all through my school years.

As for liking the Muppets, I suppose maybe its now a bit more 'hip' 'trendy' or 'alternative' to wear a Muppet shirt(ie: Hot Topic) but I still get jokes from my friends when I wear my Electric Mayhem or other Muppet shirts. Like "c'mon, youre 24 not 5?"
Apparently perceptions over the years has clouded people's thoughts.
HEY BEAKER! GLAD TO SEE YOU RETURNED! LOVE YOU'RE MEEPTRIX AVATAR! IT RULES!!

Seriously, I remember being harrased on this very board (me, along with Fozzie Bear, aka Kevin) by some body who called himself spiderman. He never behaved.

I happen to think that the Muppets are definately no Kiddy stuff (the new movie proved that,man!) even the most juvenile of audiences the show gets is not enough to sicken the good Doctor.

Of cousres, I've always liked cartoons and whatnot. I go into toy store, pass up hot new action figures, look at both the Muppets and Sesame Street merchandise (allong with the Simpsons). Of course, that may just be not buying into hype, since the hot new toys are just the same old Pokemon junk in different wrappers.

Now, if wwe can only get them to relaes better sesame Collectables, like the Kubricks in Japan....

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
HEY BEAKER! GLAD TO SEE YOU RETURNED! LOVE YOU'RE MEEPTRIX AVATAR! IT RULES!!
Hey thanks man! Yeah Ive been feeling really inspired...heck that movie did wonders for the fan community I think! (It brought me back!)

TO roadrat who wrote: >>>>you've gotta have a little bit of of childlike magic in you in order to be truly whole<<<

Right on! I cannot see how an adult or anyone can survive with a true sense of innocence somewhere in that grow'd up exterior and interior.

daffyfan: >>>>I have the same problem whenever I see a preview for Pokemon. (That's a show that I absolutely can't stand, so don't start any rumors. Lol.) Anyway, if I wanted to watch Sesame Street, I'd probably watch it when no one else was around.<<<

Oh heck no...there is no need to feel ashamed...feel loud and proud about your love of the Muppets. People who have lost their sense of wonder and love for the Muppets are truly lost.
I produly wear my Electric Mayhem, Beaker, etc shirts, my Beaker Muppetcentral button Jamie made, etc.

Quinn youre right...Ive gotten nothing but 'dude! That shirt ROCKS!!!' comments from people. I meant growing up.
This is definately a new age, when every person who I talk to because of a Muppet shirt I'll be wearing says how bad they wish the Muppets would come back.

You hear that JHC? Disney(if you are the buyout mystery) ?
People everywhere want the Muppets back! Yes the fan demographic is now teens to 40, but so what?
A new day is coming I believe.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Seriously, I remember being harrased on this very board (me, along with Fozzie Bear, aka Kevin) by some body who called himself spiderman. He never behaved
who can forget that d---?

Originally posted by Tommie
On High School I never told anyone about it, but when I was 10 I told everyone I watched Sesame Street, and a week later everyone started to watch it again!!! No I`m a student, and students are always a little bit weird, compared to the wierd things other students do, watching Sesame Street is kinda normal.
When I was 10, i loved sesame street. see, i became a big fan when i was in third grade. those days i never forget. but you know third graders. i said this on the "Muppet Film & TV References" thread and I'll SAY IT AGAIN! once kids become first or second graders, they have absolutely NO RESPECT for Sesame Street. no respect at all. nope.

the truth is, I dont care about kids making fun of me, but i just wanna know if it happened to other people. in fact, i cant remember the last time i actually got made fun of. usually when i'm talking about it they say "Why?" i explain to them how cool the old episodes were and without the educational stuff, it was basically just a comedy like the Muppet Show. i also explain how i wanna be a puppeteer.

Once i was talking about the muppets and i told this guy (i very goofy guy) how i like to study them. he says a bunch of tms/ss muppets and asks me who plays him. almost all of them were Frank Oz muppets. he's amused that i knew all of them and says "Dude! Your just making up names!". a few days later, during break, i show him the Jim Henson book from the library (the Works) and show him i WASN'T making names up. He and a few other guys start looking through the book and they see some creature shop characters (mainly from the Storyteller and Labrynth). they SCREAMED (in a FRIGHTENED way). no, they aren't retarded (not literally) they're just really goofy. and they screamed, OH DID THEY SCREAM!!!!!!!!

anyways, i sometimes get made fun of by some kids but rarely. if i was a Barney fan...i dont wanna think about...

btw, what do u mean "the wierd things other students do"? cuz i'm pretty weird

dcfboss

Reaction score
I never really got made fun of for watching Sesame Street.....I don't think there's anything wrong for anyone of any age to watch Sesame Street.....it's a classic show....one of the best of all time with some of the most memorable characters ever. I can't imagine how I would have grown up without watching Big Bird or the Count or Cookie Monster......it's like re-living your childhood. How often can you do that?

Thijs

Reaction score
Well, I mean the childish jokes they make when students start drinking (maybe specific dutch?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am fortunate to be in a school in which people are understanding. I had a very interresting conversation about the Muppets and Sesame Street (in it's classic form) during my advertising class.

But whatever happened to ol' Spider-hiney? Was he banned, or did he just have a sudden concious attack and decide to keep his thoughts to himself?

I just hope he has time to cool off. I mean completely. Not just incase he came back. I don't want to debate right now. Got some serious animating to get to!