...Anyone here ever been made fun of?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

But whatever happened to ol' Spider-hiney? Was he banned, or did he just have a sudden concious attack and decide to keep his thoughts to himself?
Well over time you will see a number of 'interesting' characters who pass through MC. Im reminded of the Muppets CD-Rom game in where every now and then when youre driving the virtual bus, a grumpy 'cursor' Muppet will walk pass your dirivng view.

Now as for Sesame Street is for every age, I'd agree. Sure some of it now seems a bit 'what am I watching?' but thats just the filler...I have always been only concerned with the Muppet contents, and even growing up I hated all the other cartoons or whatever segments, all filler to me. I have not really seen one episode of Sesame Street for years(being its on so early and I cant get in PBS on my tv at all) BUT! I do have Elmopalooza and feel it is one of the greatest Muppet specials in recent time...and also bought Computer Caper...which reaffirms my view that Telly is one of the best Muppets period.

Sadly, Sesame Street Muppets are not treated as equals with a lot of Muppet fans...this may have to do with the post Elmo Sesame(ie: since 1996, when Elmo became a household word)
but if you tear away the names and all...I think people will see
that Telly, Bear, Tutter, Mopatop, etc stand toe to toe with Kermit, Beaker, Pepe, Scooter, etc.

ssetta

Reaction score
Okay, I actually have a psychologist whom which I see occasionally, and he actually has said that he doesn't particularly like the idea of being interested in Sesame Street at this age. He says that most kids this age are interested in The Discovery Channel, and National Geographic. I actually don't know many people who like those, but anyway, I don't agree with him. He just thinks that I should have more stuff in common with other people this age. But I do know what it's like to be made fun of.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
Discovery Channel, and National Geographic
Oh man! ROTFLOL^_^

Does he also think kids shouldnt be drinking to much pop, letting their knicker's sag, or spending too much time at the malt shop?

This episode was brought to you by the letters c, r, a, c, k, p, o, and a special appearence by the letter t.

Joggy

Reaction score
I've been teased (just teased tho) a few times for watching SS, and every now and then I still hear sarcastic: "Hey, you watch Sesame Street every evening, huh? How's Pino doing?" But mostly when people see photos of my collection and my puppets (or they see my puppetry in person), and they see my collection is a serious collection and my love for puppetry is pure professional, they respect it. After all, what is there to criticise? Puppetry is a form of art, and liking the work of Jim Henson is like liking the works of Beethoven. People just forget things like that.

SS and Muppets do work very well in the college student world, like Tommie just said. I'm not sure how it goes in America, but over here when you reach the age of 17, 18 and over 20, it's cool to be a little childish occasionally. In my case, when I go to the cafe with friends, our evenings "are brought to you by the letter R".
:big_grin:

Hays

Reaction score
I suppose I got teased a lot for my love of the muppets in general, but people stopped after I started making a living puppeteering, and was laughing all the way to the bank (admittedly, with a light load.) I'm sure there are Muppeteers out there who have a similar story (but hopefully bigger paychecks)

Of course, there was the detour into a career in Marketing where I occasionally got frozen out of a conversation because people didn't know what to say after they asked what my degree was in, and what other work I'd done - but who needs 'em!

The great thing about being over thirty is that you realize this: One, the world is a big place, and there are people out there somewhere who won't think you're nuts. Two, the people who make fun of you aren't worth your time and energy. Let them grow up and watch Oprah, and you can have the last laugh.

Okay, I actually have a psychologist whom which I see occasionally, and he actually has said that he doesn't particularly like the idea of being interested in Sesame Street at this age.
God Bless you! Shrinks don't know everything - and there are plenty out there; it's OK to find one who respects your choices. I think a healthy diet of what's out there can include several servings of Sesame Street, as long as you aren't devoting all your time to it! I was a maverick in high school, myself - and I turned out pretty good.

Ryan

Reaction score
Don't mean to sound rude here, but...this is kind of ridiculous. Everyone on the planet has been made fun of! LOL

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
I'm not sure how it goes in America, but over here when you reach the age of 17, 18 and over 20, it's cool to be a little childish occasionally. In my case, when I go to the cafe with friends, our evenings "are brought to you by the letter R".
:big_grin:
Hehe, well the 2000's are all about recapturing your childhood!(tho for some, we never left^_^)...I mean just go to Palisade's forum, it's a whole forum dedicated to the revival of toys from our childhood.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I live in a college dorm (only for a few more days - then I move home for break, then into an apartment in Disney World) and I'm not afraid to blast Sesame Street or the Muppet Show really loud. And I've got pictures of Jim Henson all over my door. One of my neighbors thinks it's pretty cool, and the other ones I don't have any contact with at all. Who cares what other people think? all that matters is that you enjoy it.

Jeremy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Someone made fun of me for being a SS fan once.

ONCE!! :mad:

They don't bother me no more.