Anything Exciting For Muppets In 2007?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Also the Henson family would like Muppet fans to vote for "It's Not Easy being Green"
as the 'Book of the Year" at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13737550/
It's on the right side column half way down the page.
I voted! Pretty cool site. Also I entered the contest that came up on the next page after voting.

MWoO

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
I think it would be unfair because we'd immediately start harping on that person, and, well, that's just not very nice.
Says who?

Arey ou saying that all the new performers should be kept secret because people on a fan site might not like the change? That's just dumb.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Why would it be unfair to say who Kermit will be played by? I really want to know, especially if it is an established Muppeteer.
I can only imagine the stress Steve Whitmire had to go through when he started doing Kermit. If the internet had been around back then, lots of fans would have been critical of Steve's early performances back then.

Now that another Muppeteer has a chance to play Kermit for a few weeks. It's best not to add to his stress level as he takes on this role.

However in weeks to come, (if not days), I'm sure someone else on here might reveal who he is.

MWoO

Reaction score
So then lets not list credits for any performer ever again. Perhaps back when AVMMC came out Eric's name should have been taken off the movie, because some people might say they didn't like it. Perhaps no one should have told us then ames of the movies.com guys, because some people here don't like them. Honestly, this is ridiculous. No one can even say if they like the performance or not since no one can see it without going on the cruise,

Just plain stupid.

beaker

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Here are just some of the upcoming things that we know about right now:
  • Fraggle Rock: Complete Second Season" - September 2006
  • "My Life as a Furry Red Monster" by Kevin Clash (book) - September 2006
  • "A Frog's Life" by Kermit the Frog (book) - September 2006
  • "Sesame Street: Old School (1969-1974) DVD Box set" - October 2006
  • "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" (DVD) - November, 2006
  • "Sesame Beginnings: Exploring Together" (DVD) – November, 2006
  • "Return to the Labyrinth" Volumes 2 & 3 (graphic novels) – expected 2007
  • "Late Night Buffet with Augie and Del" (TV series) - hopeful for early 2007
  • "Legends of the Dark Crystal" (graphic novel) - March 2007
  • "’C’ Is for Cooking" (book) – April 2007
  • "The Muppet Show: Season 2" (DVD) – expected spring 2007
  • "Sesame Street: Season 38" (TV series) – fall 2007
  • "Fraggle Rock: Complete Third Season" (DVD) – hopeful for fall 2007
  • "Frances"(TV/DVD series) – expected 2007/2008
  • "Sesame Street: Season 39" (TV series) – fall 2008
  • Untitled Fraggle Rock Film - expected 2007/2008
  • "Power of the Dark Crystal" (film) – expected 2008
  • Untitled Dark Crystal TV series – expected 2008

So some Sesame dvds, a couple of fantasy worlds graphic novels, and not much else in 2007...mmm.

You know folks, if I would have started a poll, say three years ago when the mouse bought the Muppets...and I said "How many people think that by 2007 the Muppet franchise will be flatlined?" I wonder how many would have raised their hands.

*hopefully* soon we'll be pleasantly surprised with some earth shattering news. I just wish Jim Hill would get the latest scoop on just what the heck is going on.

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
If he has the information he has every right to keep it to himself.
He is not saying one should never reveal who a preformer is, but doing kermit has got to be very stressful. More than I think any other muppet. All he is trying to do is give the guy a little breathing room.

BEAR

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
The only reason that I believe Disney bought the Muppet franchise is to make money off of them, now that they don't see a need to make money off of them anymore, they figure that they'll shelf them til an anniversary comes up like the Muppets 50th or Kermit's 50th, then they'll whore em out to the public in special edition packs or something to make more money out of it. People are talking that it's the new guys fault, I say what did Eisner do to the Muppets? I mean, all that was done was 3 bad movies(ok, 2 bad movies and one of the best Xmas specials EVER). I say that the Hensons should have sold them to WB or to Dreamworks. I'm pretty sure that they would have done more with them in the first place. But, that's my opinion, take it if you will, I'm going into my own little corner and laugh about Xtreme Pooh.

Daniel

Umm...the only movies that the Muppets have done since the JHC sold them to Disney is The Muppets Wizard of Oz. MCC and MTI were in association with Disney but still under the Henson company

BEAR

Reaction score
beaker said:
So some Sesame dvds, a couple of fantasy worlds graphic novels, and not much else in 2007...mmm.

You know folks, if I would have started a poll, say three years ago when the mouse bought the Muppets...and I said "How many people think that by 2007 the Muppet franchise will be flatlined?" I wonder how many would have raised their hands.

Disney never owned the Muppets until last year.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh no Bry... The buyout of the Muppets by Disney was done in 2004. It just wasn't finalized until 2005.
Hope this helps.