Are there any others with disabilities here?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think that would be very valuable! And like you said, be proud and have faith in your abilities. :smile:
And even my non-abilities..falling down gets to be almost funny after you do it often enough:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And even my non-abilities..falling down gets to be almost funny after you do it often enough:smile:
That reminds me of that line from Emmett Otter, "If you look to the good side, falling down's a free ride. Slipping and a-slidin in the mud!"

I tend to be a little on the OCD side, which can be difficult. I worry about things that really shouldn't be given so much notice. But on the other hand, I'm more concerned about doing good work and being sensitive to people. So, I guess there's always a way to turn a negative into a positive. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I would not want to take a cure if there was one, I would not be me otherwise...One person once asked me if I would wish CP on my future baby someday, I said that it did not matter to me, because if they were going to have it..well, they would, and that would just be them :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Lol, falling down does get funny; but I find it annoying sometimes. (I have bad coordination).

heralde, I'm sorta like that too. I tend to fret all the time about germs, and making sure everything is accounted for- even if it does'nt matter.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Lol, falling down does get funny; but I find it annoying sometimes. (I have bad coordination).

heralde, I'm sorta like that too. I tend to fret all the time about germs, and making sure everything is accounted for- even if it does'nt matter.
I guess you could say I am very obsessive, but not about germs. I grew up in the house where all the germs in the universe come from, not even counting things like having to walk on broken glass :stick_out_tongue:...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I get you. That is one thing I wish to get rid of, just because it is so utterly unpleasant and painful, lol (though there are people who have it much worse).

I wouldn't wish anything on a person. But if a person is afflicted, so to speak, then I would just encourage them to try that much harder in life and use the struggles to become a better, stronger person. We all have handicaps one way or another, and dealing with them helps us grow. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I use it, I just never put it behind me like some people always say you have to. It's never going away, and only goes from normal to bad in my legs from day to day so..it's not just a trouble, it is me, for good or bad. It's actually when I don't think about it that it gets the worst so I simply can't do that :smile:. It's one of those things you just have to have to understand...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I definitely agree you can't fully understand another person's experiences in this regard. :smile:

Ignorance

Reaction score
My brother has like really severe autism and a bunch of other stuff.
Actually, all the siblings are pretty messed up disability/disorder/etc. wise.

As for myself, I'm physically okay but not so sure mentally.
But hey, who doesn't love a paranoid, obsessive compulsive, possibly dyslexic, antisocial schizoid? :flirt: