Are there any others with disabilities here?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i have sleepy eyes, and that means i have to wear glasses to see. I have wore glasses for years they have kind of become part of me. I use to get in trouble in school becuase the teacher would think i was asleep in class. lol

i also have a spelling disorder. I use to spell the word like as lick so my sentesces at school would be this:

I lick my dog very much.

that got me in trouble as well, my teacher though i was into some kind of vodo or something.

Pork

Reaction score
Well, I don't have any dissabilities (that I am aware of) but I found it really encouraging hearing all your stories. So thank you everybody for posting about it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well i have sleepy eyes, and that means i have to wear glasses to see. I have wore glasses for years they have kind of become part of me. I use to get in trouble in school becuase the teacher would think i was asleep in class. lol

i also have a spelling disorder. I use to spell the word like as lick so my sentesces at school would be this:

I lick my dog very much.

that got me in trouble as well, my teacher though i was into some kind of vodo or something.
My 'th's were the worst for me, and 'becuase' I still spell it that way and have to go back and mix the letters..At least I put a u in it now :excited: !

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've always had a ploblem with spelling and I was always slower then all the other children, too.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Wow that is neat you got to meet her in person. And neat whenever I've heard of such a thing here. Like fuzzygobo and Mokeystar met, I believe. And I recall Fozzie Bear saying he met Whatever once. And I think TOGA and Prawnie met (maybe many times even, since they live in the same state and maybe fairly close by within that state).

It's just so cool to hear when that happens. I mean, people are people. So meeting someone in person from here would still be similar to simply meeting a new person at the job, school, church, or in the neighborhood (HEY! WHO ARE THE PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. SAY, WHO ARE THE PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. THEY'RE THE PEOPLE THAT YOU MEET EACH DAY!). But yet, there'd be something tremendously neat and fascinating about meeting someone from here. I guess after only going by the words of posts and avatars and nicknames,etc. and then to see and hear that person in real life right in front of you is just so cool. Plus, having had that person as a friend here before adds to it. Kind of like the priniciple in the old days of getting to meet a penpal in person.
Zowie! You have an excellent memory, Ziffel. Especially considering the fact that neither fuzzygobo nor I post on here that often. We actually met on another site, but we both came to know each other through our love of Muppets and all things Sesame. And you're right. It's wonderful meeting people who have similar interests as you do. Muppet-loving people are among the coolest people I've ever met, online and off. I hope someday you'll get to meet some of the people on MC.

All of your stories touched me deeply. Even though I don't have a disability, I've worked with a lot of people, especially children, who have challenges. And I've considered them ALL angels. They're all wonderful and lovable, just like you are, Ziffel. I know people can be insensitive and make you feel low, but you need to know that you are important and wonderful and definitely lovable. I remember one time hearing a quote from Maya Angelou which said, "Someone else's opinion of me doesn't necesarially define who I am." No one knows you inside like you do and sometimes are quick to make judgements. But you know who you are, and that's what's important. You are awesome.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Thank you. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I was able to get through high school. My autism makes me uncomfortable around loud noises or rowdy people. Plus I don't really like it when schedules or places I'm used to get changed. And I can sometimes have emotional breakdowns. Other than that, I'm pretty happy and I got a caring family and friends who accept me for who I am.

And good luck to you too!
Man, I so understand.
You are an amazing person, Xerus. I'm proud of all challenges you've overcome in life and became one of the sweetest and most real people I know.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Zowie! You have an excellent memory, Ziffel. Especially considering the fact that neither fuzzygobo nor I post on here that often. We actually met on another site, but we both came to know each other through our love of Muppets and all things Sesame. And you're right. It's wonderful meeting people who have similar interests as you do. Muppet-loving people are among the coolest people I've ever met, online and off. I hope someday you'll get to meet some of the people on MC.

All of your stories touched me deeply. Even though I don't have a disability, I've worked with a lot of people, especially children, who have challenges. And I've considered them ALL angels. They're all wonderful and lovable, just like you are, Ziffel. I know people can be insensitive and make you feel low, but you need to know that you are important and wonderful and definitely lovable. I remember one time hearing a quote from Maya Angelou which said, "Someone else's opinion of me doesn't necesarially define who I am." No one knows you inside like you do and sometimes are quick to make judgements. But you know who you are, and that's what's important. You are awesome.
Thanks Mokeystar.

Neat also that you two met since you are both on opposite coasts (WA and NJ).

I think Beauregard also met several people here. I think Vibs might have been one of them.

Take a look at this post from fuzzygobo. It was a pretty funny one and still is! Mostly, fuzzygobo has impressed me with his excellent memory from 70's SS and his intelligent commentary on it. But this post was great for a good laugh! :smile:

Thanks again Mokeystar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow... I never thought I'd live to see the day Mokeystar show up besides the annual wishing fuzzygobo a happy birthday, and vice-versa!

Xerus

Reaction score
Man, I so understand.
You are an amazing person, Xerus. I'm proud of all challenges you've overcome in life and became one of the sweetest and most real people I know.
Thank you for your kind words, Mokeystar. :smile: I'm glad there are people like you who understand who I am and what I've gone through. All I can do is just keep living and await what happens next in life, either good or bad. Hopefully, good.