Are there any others with disabilities here?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I also had a sergry when i was a child that may have made it where I'm not able to be a daddy. That bugs me more then the problem with my eyes.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've had a lot of operations on my legs :smile:. I still get frightened about having a baby with my tight muscles but I think that is a normal fear...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea from what i have heard from other ladys they fear there thighs i think.

I was a real sick baby and had i think two sergerys can't recall. I know i have a huge scar on my belly from one. They said it would go away in two weeks. 25 years latter its still here and hasn't gone anywhere.

I dont know if i like talking about all this it makes me real sad:sympathy:

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Wow... I never thought I'd live to see the day Mokeystar show up besides the annual wishing fuzzygobo a happy birthday, and vice-versa!
Well, if you let us know when your birthday is, I'll make sure that both fuzzygobo and I bend our rule of only posting once a year so we can stop by and wish you a happy birthday, too. :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
my baggage

I've had insulin-dependent diabetes since I was 21, and when I was first diagnosed with it it was so severe I nearly died from it.
For nearly 20 years I've been taking very good care of myself, and I am so grateful my eyes, kidneys, and feet (the three most vulnerable parts to a diabetic) are all still intact.

I've also had to deal with an alchoholic father, who has ruined his life and caused a lot of trouble for our family. But instead of being angry, I have finally been able to forgive him, and still pray at his age he can still face up to his demons, and someday be set free.

I have never used diabetes as a crutch, or an excuse for not wanting to do what I want with my life. I've learned to be positive, treat every day on this earth as a special gift not to be wasted, and grow closer to God. I'll be turning 40 very soon and I look forward to many more happy years to come.

Yes, even with all I had to go through, I'm still very happy with my life. ask Mokeystar, she'll be the first to tell you.:big_grin:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Hi, i just joined yesterday and i've been looking around and i never knew there was a thread for this.
i have MD (the kind they have the Telethons for), and i also has scoliosis (SP) basicily, it makes my spine curve. i use a wheelchair to get around.
i don't like to think of it as a disability. I sometimes think of it as an advantage, like if i was asked to race i can win (most of the time). i would also like to think that because i push myself, that i have good upper muscles.
but its just like kermit said, "its not easy being green"
it may not be easy but some how we all get through it.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I don't know If it is a disability as such; But I am a Celiac, therefore I can't eat Wheat, Barley, Oats, Rye, Triticale or most of their derivitives. I see it as an advantage though, because I can't eat any horribly bad fast food.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't know If it is a disability as such; But I am a Celiac, therefore I can't eat Wheat, Barley, Oats, Rye, Triticale or most of their derivitives. I see it as an advantage though, because I can't eat any horribly bad fast food.
My aunt had that but I would not call it a disability exactly...
Anyway, I've never thought of my disability as something to overcome anymore than any other part of me..because it is just that, a part of me :smile:. I've had some people online say that I focus on it too much, but I've found that they often say that because they have that whole 'well, if I had a disability I'd be nerious about being judged differently so you shouldn't be talking about it so freely' mindset going on :stick_out_tongue:. The fact is, I am different and proud of what makes me...me :excited:.
I've often thought about being a motivational speaker for others with disabilities, but I don't know how well I would do...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Well, If you were on any other forum; people would say " Woah, whats with you and the muppets. Quite down!". But theres no need for that here because we're all individuals.

Btw enjoy your next (3000th) post!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've often thought about being a motivational speaker for others with disabilities, but I don't know how well I would do...
I think that would be very valuable! And like you said, be proud and have faith in your abilities. :smile: