1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Arms length puppets

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by fishbone, Jan 14, 2004.

1. DPuppets

DPuppets Member

I have heard through the grape vine...that they may start back up building. Just have to wait for a few and see. But, I think you will see them back here real soon.
  2. trooper_trent

trooper_trent New Member

Finished Ardy

Yes, Ardy is made of the Antron fleece that came with the armslength kit.
    As far as the seams, yes they are nearly invisible, especially through a camera. But, if you take a straight pin you can tug and pull a little on the fibers around the seam and blend them together making the seam TOTALLY invisible. I have been working on his seams and have only done the one around his chin and lip under his nose. I can not see the seam at all.
    Here are some pics of the finished Ardy. I think he turned out pretty good and Im really pleased with my first attempt at a real quality puppet.

Finished "Ardy" :
    Trent
  3. video567

video567 New Member

i went to their site http://www.armslength.com/
    and this is what i get...
    Arms Length Productions is no longer taking orders on our manufactured puppet line.

so does that only mean they are not making puppets for people but kits are available? if that is the case then that works for me

thank you all
  4. Iron-Fan

Iron-Fan New Member

Great Job Trent!

A nice piece of work, Ardy has turned out very well...now you have set a bench mark that the rest of us must build our kits to (if mine ever turns up)...
    I look forward to the return of Arms Length if they are planing to go into production again...time to dust off the VISA card......
  5. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

I got a call last night from pick-me.com. They told me that they have pulled the kits and anything ArmsLength from their shelves. The site I posted with the 5 kits is no longer selling those kits. :cry: Sounded like a cool way for Dave to make out on his design and not have to worry so much about the sales end of it. Oh well as long as he still sells the kits on his site. Too bad he doesn't still have the black guy. I would have gotten him too.
  6. Iron-Fan

Iron-Fan New Member

Finally!!!!!

YAY! My kit has finally arrived and my long hard wait is over!
    I have a day off work today and after walking the dog it is time to settle down and watch those videos before I tackle the kit....and by a quirk of fate my super 74 and 77 3M sprays both turned up today too.....and it's sunny here in England today as well....MARVELLOUS!!!! :)
  7. Jinx

Jinx Member

Well, it sounds like a great day to be "across the pond"!

I actually watched my videos several times before having the time to get down to business with the actual puppet. I spent Friday evening beginning the sewing, and then ALL day Saturday working on it as well. I got the basic puppet done on Sat., and spent a little bit of time yesterday applying eyes and a nose. So now all I need to do is add ears and hair and he'll be finished!

And what a learning experience this has been for me. I really know you're going to enjoy it yourself! Have fun!
  8. trooper_trent

trooper_trent New Member

I agree, I can't tell you how much I learned by just doing that one puppet. I feel like I could make all kinds of professional looking characters now from just watching the videos and learning as I go.
    Have a blast! Lets see some pics Jinx!
    Trent
  9. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

WOW!!!!!!!!:excited: It's actually sunny in England?
  10. Jinx

Jinx Member

Pictures of the process

Well, as per Trent's request, I've posted a few pictures. They are mostly of the puppet during the various phases of contruction, culminating with a picture of the almost finished puppet.

You can view the pictures at:

http://home.mcn.net/~fantom/alp1.html

Let me know what you think!

Jinx
  11. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

BRAVO!!!! Jinx you have outdone yourself! Very nice work on both the puppet and the mini tour web site. Nicely presented! :excited:
  12. trooper_trent

trooper_trent New Member

Sweet! It looks great. Its amazing how different yours an mine look even though they are the exact same kit. Its so crazy how the shape of the nose and positioning of the eyes can change the age and personality so much.
    Great job. I even think he looks god without hair, or maybe balding with ony a little hair on the sides.
    GREAT JOB!!
  13. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

Guys, that foam head really does look tricky. Wonder how I will be able to learn from this how to make my own.:confused: Its rather intimidating looking!:eek: I have no doubts about being able to put this kit together but to design something new from off this is whats looking a little difficult.
  14. DPuppets

DPuppets Member

It is amazing how different they come out. Remember that pupil size does a whole lot to it. And also the placement of the eyes on the head. With just those two things can make it older or younger.
  15. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

:eek: That poor little guy had a screw driver in his eye! :concern:

lol

Nice photos!
  16. Jinx

Jinx Member

Yes, I only posted that image as a cautionary statement, not for exploitation of gratuitous violence.

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!
  17. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

Hurts don't it :D
    Did you ever finish that puppet? I'd sure like to see him in completion.
  18. Jinx

Jinx Member

He's not finished yet. I did add a pair of glasses that I wore in "The Sound of Music" last year (somehow my puppets always seem to get something from my wardrobe!) and hopefully this weekend I'll get some sort of hair on his head. When I do, I certainly post a pic and let you know.
  19. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

Oh great! I'm really looking forward to it. :excited:
  20. Jinx

Jinx Member