Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good questions on Statler and Waldorf!! I had never thought of that. I assume they will be standing because the characters can't bend that way and I woudn't want them to be sculped sitting. But I would want them to at lease have chairs.

I'm still not stoked about a Sweetums playset unless some frackes and monsters come with it. I had that idea on the last forum and it was popular, but deemed to expensive for Palisades.

Raech

Reaction score
I am not sure if I would mind them sitting or not. Where else would one place them besides in the balcony? Hmmmm. I am not sure there would be room for chairs they aren't sitting on.

I have never thought of it b4 now. Would it be horrible if chair backs were just pictured behind them?

Could they sit in chairs (legs moving at hips) or would this drive us nuts or take too much room??

If there were chairs would you want them to be loose or molded to the floor?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken did state that Rowlf wouldn't be seated so I don't know about Statler and Waldorf. BTW - they did perform sometimes on the show, though they were most often in their seats, of course.

Squigiman

Reaction score
More on S & W and Chef

Hey,
Besides advice on replying to specific posts within a thread, if there is a way, I thought I'd voice my opinion on these recent discussions. For Chef, I was just wondering if his hands were going to be realistic or Muppetized. I know he usually had real hands (Frank's), but sometimes, like in exhibits, must have Muppety ones. I'd really prefer the real ones, to stay true to form.
Also, about Statler and Waldorf, I would hope they could both sit in chairs, molded to the booth at the base, and stand upright, as well, to take them outside on new adventures, so to speak. It would suck for them to be sculpted totally sitting, because then, you might as well just have them molded to the chairs, too. It would also really suck to have them sculpted totally standing, as it just wouldn't look right in their theater booth, WITH CHAIRS. Maybe with Rowlf and Teeth it'll work without chairs/stools, but these guys belong in chairs, and standing in front of them just isn't the same.
It is for this reason that I suggest a compromise. KNEE ARTICULATION! Doesn't sound too crazy, does it? Many figures use it, these days, so you can handle both sitting and standing, and don't really lose much detail of the figure as a whole. Ken, I hope you're listening, if not already having this planned/in mind. Just an idea that I think would work best, and doesn't seem to cause any major economic/sculpting problems, but then again, you know better than I. I hope this was useful. Take care.

-Squigiman

Rufus

Reaction score
sitting or standing..?

If the figures can't sit, I think just having chairbacks would be fine, and would work for the Swinetrek as well... after all, they must've just been the chair backs in the actual show! But seriously, you'll have the front of the booth to cover Statler & Waldorf from the waist down, when looking at them head on you won't be able to see whether or not they are actually sitting, and the chairbacks will just help complete the illusion. Same with the Swinetrek, with the control panels hiding whether the characters' legs are really sitting or standing.

I'm thinking when I display these, I really want to hid their legs as much as possible anyway... I mean, their legs are sculpted perfectly and everything, but because we rarely saw them full-bodied, I think it would add a real air of "authenticity" if they could only be viewed from the waist up...

I'm already planning on customizing my Muppet labs with a little wall or counter... :big_grin:

- R -

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Articulated knees. Is this possible? If it is, I'd pay extra for the feature!! If not I think Statler, Waldorf and the pigs should be sculpted standing if it is a choice between the two. There are more possibilities that way. I'm still hoping for knees!!!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Whew...man this board was active last night. Well, day for you, night for me.

If the regular Rowlf comes with the brown baby grand, will tuxedo Rowlf come with a black baby grand?

No. I will put something else in with Tux Rowlf. Two pianos exactly the same would be a jip since it is no longer an exclusive.

The Pigs in Space playset will be released late December/ early January. Miss Piggy will come with it while Link and Dr. Strangepork will be sold seperately at the same time. The figures will be around 8.99 a piece and the set will be around 24.99 with Piggy included. A deluxe Muppet Theater playset will come out at the same time, containing Statler and Waldorf. Hope this helps. If you would like to know any more info - www.jamesvier.com/muppets/figures
This is the running list. Nothing is final, but series 1-4 are relatively firm. Series 5-8 are projected if the Palisade's line makes it that far (cross fingers), but series 5 is pretty close to the mark too. 6-8 contain many guesses. Remember - things have been known to change. Hope this helps.

Some question about the Stage. Will it be with Series 3 before Christmas or will it become a summer item in '03? It's big dollar, around 40-50 bucks, so it needs to come out when people have the extra money to pick it up. Experience tells us that is Summer or Christmas.

I have a question on the Rowlf tux, is the reason why it is not being made because of fan's not being able to get him easliy? I think that's what i heard? but then Rowlf will get jipped in which he will be one of the only main characters not to get an exclusive.

Rowlf will get jipped. But so will Fozzie. The ones that have no outfits to repaint will be difficult to make exclusives of. But the choices are you either have a good fig that you have to hunt for and maybe not get without paying e-bay prices, or a main figure without an exclusive.

I mean i personaly would perfer a Rowlf tux before a Scooter Super hero. Not saying that Scooter shouldn't get an exclusive, I'm just saying that a Rowlf tux could be used more then just a scooter super hero, because a lew,link,fozzie,gonzo,piggy super heros outfits are not coming out. so a Rowlf tux would work better. athought as long as a dr Bob fig come's out I think that's fine, just to at least get two Rowlf figs, and a dr Bob would be more inportant to the set then the tux.

Very important to restate this. No exclusives that require a full resculpt. Not right now. It's too much to demand from the consumer and the indications are they don't like it.

will the palasides online store ship to the UK? I'm finiding it impossible to get these figures from anywhere.

I don't know that yet. Ask Lauren about that one at LLafayette@palisadestoys.com

ps. remember you said you might be able to get as the exclusive as a friend not as part of a palaside worker do you think you'll be able to do that?

Still unknown. I won't know for quite a while. All it means is that I am trying to buy cases. If I can I can help, if I can't I won't.

Anway- ken are sculpts for series 3 being worked on while you're over there?

Sculpts for Series 3 are completed.

Hmm. I know Janice is coming with a guitar, but is she going to have anything else?

A case to hold the guitar would be good, yes? Flowers perhaps?

Will she ware a hat? Will it be magnetic like Fozzie's? BTW, that was Brilliant for Fozzie.

Yes she will have a magno-hat.

What playset could Sweetums & Robbin come with?

I am trying to answer that one myself!

Big one for me... will The Swinetrek Pigs costumes have a glittery paint on the places where their costumes were glittery? And in some eps Dr Strangeprok has his arms through the silver shoulder palderauns instead of atop his shoulders. Could this be done?

Easily. Expect it.

Oh Oh I thought of another, Will Waldorf and Statler be sitting or standing? Will there be chairs or not for them?

They will have the ability to sit and stand. They will have chairs. I wouldn't have it any other way.

If there were chairs would you want them to be loose or molded to the floor?

You can't mold them to the floor. It would be impossible. But would you want them detachable or affixed to the floor? I vote detachable. More play value.

Besides advice on replying to specific posts within a thread, if there is a way, I thought I'd voice my opinion on these recent discussions. For Chef, I was just wondering if his hands were going to be realistic or Muppetized. I know he usually had real hands (Frank's), but sometimes, like in exhibits, must have Muppety ones. I'd really prefer the real ones, to stay true to form.

His hands are Muppetized. Texture and all, but they are slightly more realistic than regular Muppet hands.

Maybe with Rowlf and Teeth it'll work without chairs/stools, but these guys belong in chairs, and standing in front of them just isn't the same. It is for this reason that I suggest a compromise. KNEE ARTICULATION! Doesn't sound too crazy, does it? Many figures use it, these days, so you can handle both sitting and standing, and don't really lose much detail of the figure as a whole. Ken, I hope you're listening, if not already having this planned/in mind. Just an idea that I think would work best, and doesn't seem to cause any major economic/sculpting problems, but then again, you know better than I. I hope this was useful. Take care.

Knee articulation is already planned for all those figures. If you look closely at the Statler and Waldor sketches in ToyFare I think the knee articulations are drawn in.

Oh and the date is 12-27 for the wedding. Someone asked about that. Someone also asked about getting one. Go back a few posts. I am too tired to answer that one again. I'm looking into it...no promises.

Ken

Iggy35

Reaction score
I been dreading posting to this thread for fear of email overload, but oh well! :smile:
I still think we could have saved a lot of time if costumes would have come with characters.
Rowlf could have had a dr bob outfit (Blue coat, hat)
Simple but effective,...doubt it would have worked for pigs in space tho, huh? :smile:

IGGY35

scarecroe

Reaction score
GorgonHeap-

Originally posted by GorgonHeap
I can't load up your site. Is it down currently?
Hm, it may have been down momentarily, but I'm able to get to it now. Give it another try, I'd like to be sure that I've got the right Muppet.... although there's no other Muppet that I've found "sexy" (laughing out loud, but scared for myself :eek: )

For anyone who doesn't want to scroll up through the posts to see the links, this is basically what I said:

Is this the Sexy Muppet we speak of? I thought the name Mary Louise was designated for the girl Muppet who auditions for Kermit in the Steve Martin episode.

Iggy35

Reaction score
Hmmmmm See what you mean!!!
I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed.
hehehe only joking....she must be about 50 now.
Too old for me! :smile:

IGGY35