Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hey can someone help me out? I am really not familiar with the kind of forum icons are on the board. I mean those little things on the left. Arrows pointing down, orange envelopes with letters, yellow envelopes with one letter...what the heck does it all MEAN???

I read the FAQ, but it did not help me. Anybody got a decoder ring?

Ken

Raech

Reaction score
This was an excellent Daily bit over at Palisadestoys.com

Thanks so much Ken.

Looked at Robot Rabbit and the handle on it's head didn't look blue. Was this a change? Just curious.

And Beaker's mouth is static in this open positions right? No moving (tries to hide pout) yes I was still hoping against hope.

These look terrific. I am very excited. please come back with pics of the EM playset. :smile: :smile: :smile:

How often do you have to do this sort of travel Ken?
-------------------------------
Ok Raech to the rescue

I put my cursor near the orange envelope (this thread has one) and it says hot. So this is for a hot or busy thread. Or how many times you have been to it I dunno. Cos after logging out and back on it isn't orange anymore.

The black dot appears to mean you are caught up with this thread (I think)

Philip says here http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2
that it is best to log out and in each time.

and that New messages appear with either a yellow check mark or a yellow envelope (that's for you Emmy, LOL). After you read a discussion it turns blue.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

I believe the icon you are referring to notes the messages you have/have not viewed. Are we still getting caped Scooter exclusive?

Squigiman

Reaction score
Beaker Mutant?

Hey,
Is it just me, or do those Beakers look fine? I tried hard to look for errors, but nothing jumped out at me. Can anyone help me out? Ken? Thanks for any help. I hope the little guy comes out alirght. See ya.

-Squigiman

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
On first glance, from a distance, it may seem that Beaker Mutant is OK. When I get a chance I will post the Beaker Mutant next to Good Beaker. Then, oh my, you will see a BOTTOMLESS CHASM of differences and truly understand why it has to be "S"-canned.

The Robot Rabbit head you saw had a blue handle. It could have been lighting or shadow. But it was there.

I do this kind of thing about four times a year. Never for this long though. Up until now my longest jaunt out here was five weeks, but that was a scheduled three week trip that had so many problems it turned into 5.

The photos are of the scrapped Beaker, not the new Beaker. His mouth was sculpted open too. A long time ago I posted somewhere that the articulation in Beaker's mouth had to be taken out because the joint was too fragile and would break when used with any force. It would not pass any tests. SO, the mouth was actually altered a long time ago. On the new one, we did not even attempt it. I think it can be done...but I will need more debug time to do one like that. Maybe on a new version...maybe. Certainly going to try.

Sheez, I still have hopes on a rooted hair Piggy even though that was a disaster the first time around. I have a couple of those in the office too and they SUCK. I may end up with a gallery of scrapped Muppet experiments if this keeps up. Keep our fingers crossed on the magnets. It has been done before and very effectively on some cool Toy Biz stuff, but I have no experience with it so it will be an adventure.

Still going to try to do a variant of Scooter in a cape, but my Linda or Lynda or Leeeeenda Carter episode is at home and I don't have any reference out here on it, so I can't get it started yet. I did just recieve permission to do a Floyd variant that will fill the slot vacated by the Patrol Bear exclusive. An alternate paint scheme, and a new BC Rich Mockingbird. This is not a bass guitar. It is a normal electric. I figure since Janis will most likely have an acoustic rythym guitar it might make some sense that Floyd might dabble in lead guitar if they were a "real" band.

Another thing, that was not mentioned in the "review" of the figs on the Daily Bit is that Floyd can "plug in"....his Guitar will come with a small PVC wire so he can plug the guitar into the amplifier.

And I have another announcement. The Electric Mayhem sculpt will be shown next week on the Daily Bit. I can't wait to get some feedback on this one.

Later,
Ken

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I am really not familiar with the kind of forum icons are on the board.....Arrows pointing down, orange envelopes with letters, yellow envelopes with one letter...what the heck does it all MEAN???.....Anybody got a decoder ring?
I agree. While I've been squeezing by thus far without knowing exactly what they mean, I think I have a strange half-understanding for them in my brain, but could never attempt to explain them all.

Perhaps if we just kinda wonder around and keep bumping into things, Phil will provide us with a decoder ring.

Phil?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken

Hy,
wow trays and trays and trays of Piggy heads and Buckets of Bunsen heads !

Actually i couldnt see anything wrong with the Mutant Beaker !

Great Pics Ken, It looks like its going good !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

If you look at the last pic in the Muppte Labs Review section at the top left corner you can see Dr Teeths bald head !

Or atleast i think it is !

LOL !

See ya

Raech

Reaction score
In phils thread that he links off the announcement thread I asked him to decode the "envelopes" so hopefully answers will be there soon.

Bump bump bump into these flimsy muppet walls.... trying not to end up where I have been b4. Hehehehe

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Janice--

Didn't Janice play bass? For some dumb reason or other, I always thought she played bass guitar. I dunno.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the magnetic hats ideas! I really am diggin that about the Fozzie Figure; although rather bummed about the Patrol Bear deal.

*sigh*

VIVE LA MUPPETS!
FOZ