Ask Ken at Palisades

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
This figure rules! I was trying to figure out if I should buy from Musicland or from ToyFare and I am pleased to see that they are different and I can buy from both. The shirt detail is incredibly cool. I can't wait to adorn his suitcase with travel stickers!!

Thanks Ken. You are the best.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Two different versions of an exclusive? Sheesh Ken, maybe we should just cut out all the red tape in the middle and have paychecks direct deposited to Palisades. :stick_out_tongue:

Seriously, great job! The stickers are absolutely perfect. Wonderful touches there. Will there be an even number of red and blue shirted Vacation Fozzies? Or is one of these gunna be harder to get our hands on?

And don't dish the Mac. No reason to suffer with all the crashes and annoyances of working with the Evil Empire if ya don't have to. Given Ken's field, Macs make perfect sense.

grail

Reaction score
but it's a MAC...

these things are like Kryptonite to Superman for a tech...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Grail

Are you another Mac hater? Just kidding - I don't hate Macs, they're just too expensive, very few people really know how to fix them, much software is not made for them and what is made is still more pricey than for the PC and upgrades are more clunky. All this and each has to have some sort of hyper-stylized look to them so that everyone knows what year you bought the darn thing and just how dated it is by looking at it. When having a "classic computer" becomes a plus I think that they will have something there. And now their commercials are marketing toward stupid people! Not those Mac users are stupid at all; I just find their commercials insulting to their customers. The day of Mac superiority in the field of graphics has been over for quite some time and this latest effort just looks desperate.

Rant over. I just get passionate about this subject. I made the Mac switch about 2 years ago when an IT friend of mine told me that he could build me an entire customized PC system for half the price of the Mac monitor I wanted! This is really what soured me to Macs. And that they raised such compatibility issues with over 80% of the world outside my home computer. I'm a very happy PC guy now!:smile:

Die-hard Mac users, please ignore this message…or if you have so much cash to spend – could you spot me a few bucks?

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
Collector's Club questions:

How do we know if our money orders have been received and that we are members? Do we just wait for the welcome package with the ample supply of Palisades goodies? It's just a bit of paranoia about things getting lost in the mail. I suppose I should just trust the postal system, it's just so exciting a club that waiting is torture.

Any news on whether or not the Invisible Beaker will be offered to club members? I know you said you were working on it and that we shouldn't buy from E-Bay, so I'm just curious.

Thanks again for everything. And thanks to all the Palisades employees who work so hard to bring us this quality product.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm back, though most of you probably didn't realize I was gone in the first place. Anyways, I've been once again been having problems logging in, so I couldn't post like I wanted to in a while. Much thanks goes out to Phil for helping me get back on. I've always just clicked on "Post Reply" when I wanted to, and then logged in from there, but maybe the first screen is a better idea. Once again, thanks.

Anyways, I just watched TMM the other day, with Rowlf's body in mind, though there's never a bad time to watch it, it's just that great. Anyways, it's always a moving experience, especially when that rainbow breaks through and the music swells in that incredible, Muppet-packed finale. Couldn't really catch Rowlf's lower half. Thought there might be a chance in the standing group shot during the showdown, but alas, he was towards the back. I figured TGMC would be beter, at the end, but I felt it better to start from the beginning, the classic, the original.

It also however makes me gripe about my Dr. Teeth figure a little more, however. Don't get me wrong, Ken, it's a great figure, and I'm quite proud to have it in my possession, but I think a few extras could have made it perfect. I noticed his hat didn't really flop so much as the toy at all, his glasses, as I thought were a little closer to the color of the exclusive's, and the ability to move them up and down adds so much to the character. Also checked out the accuracy of his outfit, and all looked pretty well and good, though the hangy-down things by his hands looked more white, in general, than yellow, but that's just minor.

Just saw the Vacation Fozzie, and he looks great. I don't really plan on getting it, as, to me, it doesn't seem like a necessary exclusive, but personally, I like the ToyFare colors better. Also, I really dig all the references in the stickers, though the Worldwide Studios logo was incorrect, but whatever. Also, what's the Maine one about, just curious? I hope the other hardcore Muppet people here don't kill me for not knowing. It's probably something really obvious that I just forgot, but oh well. Very nice looking toy!

Before I go, one last thing. ZootAndDingo, do you know if I could possibly obtain at least the lyrics to that Muppets/Closer thing. I'd really appreciate it, me being a Muppet fan, and my girlfriend being a Reznor enthusiast. It's funny, I actually joked about that same song parody. Ok, thanks for your help. Take care, everyone. Bye.

-Squigiman

Stulz

Reaction score
useless points rewards package

Here is the new "unofficial" useless points guide

points- rewards

10- nothing (keep collecting)
20- nothing (you're getting into the poionts though)
30- nothing (wow you know you uselss stuff)
40- nothing (jeez some people know everthing, don't they!)
50- nothing (halfway there)
60- nothing (little further, little further ....)
70- nothing (gonna make it... gonna make it.. gonna make it)
80- nothing (To much time on your hands...but you're so close now...)
90- nothing (you're just one step away)
100- (Get A life.... THIS ARE USELESS POINTS)

Keep collecting .... more useless reward points are offered everyday .. and for $12.95 a day you can join our EXCULSIVE VIP GOLD HERO TO ALL Collector's Program ...we'll keep track of your points for you and and make sure you get the greatest gift of all.... NOTHING!

hehe

Joe

Reaction score
just saw the Vacation Fozzie, and it's erm.. they're amazing!! (personally I like the Musicland Fozzie with the Toyfare Floatie, guess I'm getting both... :smile: )

one question though, I've been wondering, will the Musicland one have a special musicland sticker? and if so, what's it gonna say?? In theory there could be four different ones for the four different stores, making there a total of five different vacation fozzie exclusives. I'm not the one that's gonna go crazy trying to get all five, but it might be interesting for those that have to have "everything" :stick_out_tongue:

(also, was I the only one that caught the drawing of Statler(I'm pretty sure it's Statler) on Kens Office wall?)

kane31666

Reaction score
Joe I'm wish you, I liked the Musicland Fozzie with the Toyfare floaty, but I'm still going to just get the Musicland version.

and ken, did you see the post at SCS for posting picture instructions, we all want to see those packaged ISF pics.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
kane31666
and ken, did you see the post at SCS for posting picture instructions, we all want to see those packaged ISF pics.

No I didn't see that...I'll look for it.

Joe
one question though, I've been wondering, will the Musicland one have a special musicland sticker? and if so, what's it gonna say??

Musicland will have all it's stored listed on one sticker. ToyFare will have their sticker. Not four stickers...trying to kill me!?

(also, was I the only one that caught the drawing of Statler(I'm pretty sure it's Statler) on Kens Office wall?)
Wow good eye...yeah it was.

Squigiman
Also, I really dig all the references in the stickers, though the Worldwide Studios logo was incorrect, but whatever. Also, what's the Maine one about, just curious?

In TMTM, Fozzie went to Maine after the broadway show did not sell...

Shooter Johnson Collector's Club questions:
How do we know if our money orders have been received and that we are members? Do we just wait for the welcome package with the ample supply of Palisades goodies?

That would be best...I would get deluged with e-mails otherwise. First mailings of kits go out this week!

Any news on whether or not the Invisible Beaker will be offered to club members?
Still don't know yet.

MuppetQuilter Two different versions of an exclusive? Sheesh Ken, maybe we should just cut out all the red tape in the middle and have paychecks direct deposited to Palisades.
Seriously, great job! The stickers are absolutely perfect. Wonderful touches there. Will there be an even number of red and blue shirted Vacation Fozzies? Or is one of these gunna be harder to get our hands on?

A few more of the Musicland version were ordered, but a good quantity on both so no worries...and oh yes, make all checks payable to Kenneth Lilly.