Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Where's that SS guy who knows EVERYTHING when we need him? Hopefully someone can verify. In my own mind, I pictured just bare legs and feet, similar to a fraggle's body if you think about it. Know whut I meen?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Artie

Stulz was influencing a censorship of discussion and I responded to it respectfully. I see no hypocrisy or anything wrong in that and there is no need to chastise me for it. Chill, dude. It seems that people are disregarding his post anyway and Ken has stated he could care less. And name-calling certainly isn't respectful.

It is fine to post what you will, but discouraging others from expressing themselves, name-calling and disrespect are not necessary here. I have simply reminded Stulz of that. If his post was just a difference of opinion, I would have remained silent, but to discourage others is wrong. Discouraging someone from discouraging others isn't.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Whew...caught up on this thread now! (I tend to read the longest threads last after i've had a chance to catch up on the others)

Scarecroe:
Since your question re names was never completely answered, you and Gorgon are both correct - there were two characters on TMS named Mary Louise...the little girlish one that tended to sing with frogs a lot (Never Smile @ Crocodile, Big Blue Frog, Steve Martin ep) and the Muppet that looked like Bruno from Sesame Street's sister!! In my mind i always think of them as Big Mary Louise and Little Mary Louise.

re: offtopic...
Yes, some of these threads go on little flights of fancy, but for the most part this community is very good at checking itself to make sure it doesn't get too ridiculous...it keeps the threads light-hearted. If you want to see an example of a forum where o/t rants go way too far (practically to the point of self-parody), check out alt.tv.farscape! In comparison to something like that, we're all total Miss Manners over here!!!

re: Toyfare poll...

Cool to have those opinions expressed so heavily in a poll of toy collectors...not MUPPET collectors but general collectors...i kind of figured that this line had a lot of potential to be "the next Simpsons" and given Simpsons' ability to put out such popular minor characters, that certainly bodes well for a lot of the other fan faves that are being wished for on this line eventually...

...and speaking of those "fan faves", i would also lend my voice as being in strong support for Mahna Mahna...he's actually more marketable than you might think...for a minor character, he has a pretty fair cult following - even among the most casual Muppet fans who ask "what are the names of the guys in the balcony", it's amazing how many people seem to remember the wild little guy that ran around yelling Mahna Mahna! Many people remember the song too if not necessarily what the Muppet looked like but certainly a figure with the name "MAHNA MAHNA" on the packaging would certainly remind those fans! As mentioned, he's also gained exposure on Sesame and Ed Sullivan so that's more people who have seen and might remember the character. Nor was he a "one-shot" - even though he's most notable for the Mahna Mahna song, but there was also the hilarious Sax & Violence number (accessory alert, triangle on stand and music stand!), and lots of little pop-up cameos like Rudolph Nureyov closing number, "Short People" in James Coco ep and sprinkled throughout Spike Milligan ep (where he played the uke...another possible accessory) This is a cult figure not only among Muppet fans but also among general pop culture enthusiasts!

...though by the time Mahna Mahna are some of our other minor faves might be considered, the line will have been around for a while and past what could be considered the "TMS 25th anniversary collection" so it's possible that without that anniversary angle that the line could be extended to the newer families of characters (JHH, Muppets Tonight) so i have a feeling we'd see a Clifford or Pepe before Mahna but i'd sure love to see it happen!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
dwmckim

Great Mahna Mahna accessories! The triangle and music stand are a must, if we get this character.

Of course I want Pepe and Clifford as well....

Ken-- can't we just continue the line until you've made every minor character and done a Piggy for every outfit she's ever warn? Please.....

Stulz

Reaction score
Staying on topic

All I was suggesting was that we leep this as close to topic as possible, for this is the "ask Ken ..." thread.

If you want to start a new thread about something go wild.

I was just suggesting this because this board gets the most replys but most of the posts don't go with the main topic ..

Just thought it be nice for eveyone who wants to follow what's going on with the figure line that they don't have to scan through 20 messages that have nothing to dowith it...

We had this prob. @ the Delphi forum but when somebody said something about it it seemed to help and new threads were created for the off-shoot discussions.

Thanks MrTheFrog for your support ...

Chris

:cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think we've ever stayed on topic here, but I guess belaboring the point just keeps things off topic. There really weren't too many off topic posts in the first place so I have no idea why this was brought up in the first place I just don't feel it is in the right spirit to discourage people from respectfully posting whatever they like. Mr. the Frog, believing the same thing, encouraged staying on topic over at the other forum and nothing much became of it so it's really a moot point. And Ken himself has said that it doesn’t bother him. It's not like we try to get off topic, it's just something that happens that makes things interesting. I’m done being off-topic on this point. LOL! Didn't mean to bark at you (if it sounded that way).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Mahna Mahna's triangle

Actually, it was a little bell hanging from a stand. It'd be cool if they could make the bell so it actually rings. That might be too much to ask for though, like eye articulation:wink: The bell would probably be too small; it'd have to be about the size of the figure's head to actually ring (my mother directs a handbell choir and also has done ceramics for years; she's made little bell ornaments that can actually ring, about an inch-inch 1/2 in length). Although maybe if the bell was actually made of something that produced a tone, like metal, it could ring.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Foreignman

Reaction score
Ken, did I understand correctly that Beaker's mouth is no longer moveable? That's what I was most looking forward to on Beaker... :confused: Please tell me I misunderstood you. Thanks.

Raech

Reaction score
Not only did he say Beakers mouth will not move (static in open position) but he also said that all protos that had moving mouth broke.

He will try like heck to get one down the road that moves. But this one will not.

Foreignman

Reaction score
I'm going to cry... But I'll live. Thanks for the help Raech, sorr to have to make you the bearer of bad news.