Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
I plead guilty on the Fozzie suspenders joke ! :big_grin:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey all,

Since this is the "Ask Ken" thread, I thought I would let you know that I spoke briefly with Ken today via AOL Instant Messenger. He has arrived safely in Hong Kong, and all is well...

On another note, my pal Slim started a thread in the "On the Web" section regarding the new(ish) Weezer video. We here at Palisades are working hard -- with Henson, of course -- to get the Muppets out into the public's eye... to promote the brand, and of course, to promote our figures. Anyway, the Weezer video is currently the #7 most played video on MTV; however, it has never appeared on TRL...

So, long story short -- too late -- go to MTV.com and vote for Weezer. Maybe we can get this thing on TRL yet. Tell your family, your friends, your pets. I think, if you wait, you can post more than once. I am going to include the link here too, because indirectly, it does relate to the figures. Plus, as many new people seem to be flocking to the forum to talk about figures, I think it will get more exposure here. Here's the link:

http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/votevideo.jhtml

Thanks!!

Travis

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Okay, well, I've got a question for Ken that shouldn't pose too much trouble.

I saw the SDCC packaged pics, and I must say I love how Fozzie, Gonzo, and Crazy Harry turned out. I know that's not the final version of Floyd in the package 'cause he's had a trim since then.

What I'm wondering about is the EM playset. You had said earlier that the frame in the back (can't think of what it's called- the thing that's metal on the real thing, structure the lights hang from) was going to be raised up another inch, so the logo could be seen. Doesn't look any different in the pics, was this not done in time for SDCC or was it decided against in the end? Or do I just have bad eyes. Another thing, I looked at the packaged pic and it looks about the same length as the Lab playset box but about 6 inches taller! It looks as if the playset itself is about 3-4 inches taller. Is this right?

Thanks. Hope the factory doesn't cause as many headaches as usual and if they do I hope they're minor problems instead of major ones.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Another thing, I looked at the packaged pic and it looks about the same length as the Lab playset box but about 6 inches taller! It looks as if the playset itself is about 3-4 inches taller. Is this right?
David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
I'm definitely no Ken, but I've got a couple of answers...

The box is exactly 4 inches taller but has the same length as the lab box. The actual playset is about 3 1/2 inches taller and a couple of inches wider than the lab. It's pretty big. I'm not sure about the sign being raised because the Electric Mayhem part is still obstructed (at least inside the packaging)...

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Originally posted by incredeeble!

I'm definitely no Ken, but I've got a couple of answers...

The box is exactly 4 inches taller but has the same length as the lab box. The actual playset is about 3 1/2 inches taller and a couple of inches wider than the lab. It's pretty big. I'm not sure about the sign being raised because the Electric Mayhem part is still obstructed (at least inside the packaging)...
Hmmmm. Very suspicious. Maybe Incredeeble! should change his name to "The man who knew too much." Just how exactly do you know these exacting dimensions? I see you're from California, did you obtain an early playset? This mystery must be unraveled. Anyone seen Sherlock Hemlock in the past 20 years?
-Artie

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by MrTheFrog

Just how exactly do you know these exacting dimensions? I see you're from California, did you obtain an early playset? -Artie
Hey Artie,

I was at the comic con and saw the packaged shots there next to beaker's. I took good notes.......

So what would make you think that by me being from California, I'd be able to obtain a playset already??? They had two of each series two packaged test shot auctioned at some point during the convention and a set of unpainted too! Now those people are mighty lucky.............

"The World May Never Know." - Dirth Nader

grail

Reaction score

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Gorgon Heap Now that Janice is coming with the Bus playset, she'll still have her guitar, right?

Absolutely...but I don't know what other things she might have other than a hat right now. Sculpt is done, so when the bus gets started we'll make the determination.
How about a guitar case and and an extra case for Floyd's bass?