Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I agree...we are trying to give him a few wild hairs here. Hard to do in plastic.

Oh and to the Thog question...um, too far away to answer. I don't really know. I would tend to doubt it because he is SO huge and would be an expensive figure for someone who is frankly kind of lesser known. But nothing is impossible.

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Raech-

I have altered the list due to the ideas that you had on the Tux Fozzie not being a likely candidate as an exclusive after the Rowlf one was scraped (or hopefully pushed back). I have replaced it with a possible blown-up Beaker repaint for thier are some good possiblilities with that and it fills the space for the time being.

If anyone has found a true mistake in the list I am updating - please let me know and I will change it. If it's just a creative difference about the guesses, I'd like to hear that too, but keep in mind that the guesses are not necessarily my preferences.

I will keep this link accessible throughout the thread:

http://www.jamesvier.com/muppets/figures/

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Lynda

It's not "Linder" either, like Janice says when she walks into Linda Ronstadt's dressing room to rehearse, "The Shoop Shoop Song" :wink:
Grrrrr... :mad: Scott, beware---you have incurred my wrath! Are you callin' my gal a liar?! :mad:

LOL

J/k, it's all good---actually it tickles my big self to see somebody reference that! :big_grin:

*moves Scott up into his Top 10 favorite people of the day*

Raech

Reaction score
Scarecroe:
Agreed. Maybe this is the "Head-In-the-Toilet" version from Muppets From Space
:smile: LOL! no doubt. Yea this has to be fixed.

Maybe some people here who can draw can give these guys some ideas on how to do this better. Remember that they can not do sperate hairs look. Think pull from mold when drawing.

Nevermind Ken says don't do it.

scarecroe

Reaction score
frogboy4-

Originally posted by frogboy4
As for that ep being availavle from Time Life in VHS form - I believe vols 11-15 were pulled around the time of the DVD release.
This may very well be true, but the site says that it's in stock. I ordered my Volumes 11-15 around the end of December/early January or so and got them with no problem. I would tend to agree though and that anyone who wants them should get them pretty soon; there's always that chance that they may pull the VHS and not do the DVDs at all, making 11-15 unobtainable in any format :frown: If they do release those same volumes on DVD, I'll get em again :wink:

As for your reply from Lisa White (with whom I have also spoken), it seems that the responses from Time-Life vary slightly from letter to letter. I suppose anythign is possible at this point.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hate to say it but it isn't that simple. If it was I would have solved it by now. It isn't a matter of how it is drawn, and believe me I am exploring every option. It's a matter of layering plastic on a small scale that will allow for a similar look. It's a production/versus scale/versus pieces issue, not an artistic one.

Ken

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Re: Lynda

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Grrrrr... :mad: Scott, beware---you have incurred my wrath! Are you callin' my gal a liar?!
Lol, you kiddin me? I laugh my *** off everytime she says that! I often rewind it to hear her say it again :big_grin:

I watch that ep with my daughter quite a bit as I like the relationship thing going on between Linda ("sweetie") and Kermit; and at 19 months, my daughter's really fascinated by Linda singing "Blue Bayou". Go figure :cool:

Incidentally, I just saw "Sex and Violence" for the first time this weekend with Janice and her "sweeter" voice (who did this?). I liked it better than the way she sounded in some of the early Muppet Show eps, but of course not as much as Richard's Janice.

scarecroe

Reaction score
ResidentLilly-

So Ken.... who do I have to bribe to get one of those wedding exclusive 2-packs I just read about on the Palisades site? :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Kidding aside, I hope you provide us with plenty of pictures to gawk at and cry over [sniff]

By the way, congrats on the future union :smile:

Raech

Reaction score
A clumped hairs look on the sides like Beaker hair would be better. Or even the way the Chiana (Farscape) action figure's hair is would be better.

Oh let me add that I like the hair on the bottom jaw just fine leave that part be.

I would like that look on the sides and back too though, or even as I said a chiana hair look.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

Just viewed the figures and they look fantastic!! I see what you mean about Gonzo - the Toy Fare photo must have has some fish-eye lense effect that made him appear strange or something about the angle. He is spot on now!

I think Animal looks wonderful as well. A few bumped "wild hairs" would help (like how his hair appears aroung the jawline) but I don't think it's as big of a deal as has been stated in my opinion.

Harry, Floyd and Fozzie are equally as impressive, if not more so. This series definitely tops the wonderful job you did in series one! How do ya do it??? LOL!