Ask Ken at Palisades

matleo

Reaction score
YEAHHH!!! Series 2 pics came up about 20 mintues ago. had some trouble getting into them at first (my compuetr was acting wonky) But I have to say they are Beau-T-ful!! great ob, Ken (as usual) I thikn Harry turned out to be one of the best ones yet. I definitly like the paint changes made to gonzo since toy Fair. he looks much better!! Fozzie looks different too, but I can't put my finger on it. Floyd is another one where you just really captured the personality (you seem to do that well with the musicians) and Animal looks good too. Oh man! I can't wait to get these!! also can't wait to se the accesories. Keep up the good work.

--Matt

PS--Do you really work with someone named Raven Wood and is that their real name? What a cool name!! :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I'm so excited I think I may wet myself! I really like the fact that they're using magnets to keep fozzies hat on instead of the old peg and hole thing.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
S4 will likely be Janice and Link. But what we do with them is anybody's guess right now.
*Ahem*.

NURSE JANICE!!

:big_grin:

Ya know, just in case ya need any ideas... :wink:

Wait---I just saw Jamie's list, and don't even know if that' sofficial or what, but Nurse Janice is already on there... :embarrassed:

Hmmmmmmm...I'd love to see her hot self in the outfit she wore with Linda Ronstadt, maybe...

Raech

Reaction score
No they have to be MINOR changes. Making her nurse Janis is too major. It would be later in line down the road. Not
as an exclusive. Exclusives are now going to be minimal resculpts & repaints.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ken,

With the new word on Sweetums, since we're speaking of larger-scale figures, I wondered if I could get your say on a post I made at the old board about Thog. Here's the post:

Question about larger figures: you're gonna do Sweetums now, and you had said possibly DogLion. I guarantee you the fans are going to prefer Thog to DogLion- more integral part of the family, more of an established personality, as well as an established name (the name DogLion was never actually used on TMS). I myself have wanted a Thog figure my entire life.

That said, I have an important question. You see, Thog is larger than Sweetums. Sweetums is about 6 1/2 feet tall; Thog is about 8 or 9 feet tall, and fat as well. His body is quite round. So if Sweetums is 12 inches tall... you get my point. My burning question is, if Sweetums is 12 inches and Thog is larger than Sweetums, could you still make Thog? I'd buy him no matter how large he was or how much he cost. I bet many more of us would, too. He's the big blue guy, all fur, you could do him in plastic easily. If you don't know which Muppet I'm talking about, see the following links:

http://www.henson.com/fun/fcreature/thog_fcreature.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mt/muppetdanny/picture2A.htm

Perhaps I should start another thread, Thog or DogLion.

Please say you can do Thog! Oh please oh please oh please!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Raech

Reaction score
Just saw the series 2 colored pics. Love them.

Still not wild about Animal's head. I stayed quiet til I saw it painted. I think he looks smoothed down/ wet. I know he can not have fluffy hairs. But he looks a tad strange to me.

beaker

Reaction score
series 2...WOW!!!

Hey!

I just saw on the palisades site the Series 2 pix...my goodness!
Floyd looked like one of those super expensive insanely deatiled
$175 foot long statues you see at the comic stores!
So good to finally see pix of Harry, Floyd, and Animal.
I can see nothing but an all out mayhem for this figure line.
If people went nuts over Simpsons...well who knows how good the reaction will be for these babys!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Lynda

I know I'm about 367,421 posts late with this, but I just wanted to set the record straight on Ms Carter's (secret?) identity.

It's Lynda Carter, not Linda

It's not "Linder" either, like Janice says when she walks into Linda Ronstadt's dressing room to rehearse, "The Shoop Shoop Song" :wink:

Anyway, I think it's totally freakin' cool that we're gonna get SuperHero Scooter!!!

Incidentally, this episode is available on VHS from Time-Life

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Raech
....not wild about Animal's head....I think he looks smoothed down/ wet....he looks a tad strange to me.
Agreed. Maybe this is the "Head-In-the-Toilet" version from Muppets From Space

Will he come with his own rip-cord start hairdryer?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
scarecroe

I was wondering if I was spelling Lynda incorrectly. Actually, Of Muppets and Men spells it "Linda" and The Works spells it "Lynda". Note my predicament. I knew someone was bound to post the answer eventually.

As for that ep being availavle from Time Life in VHS form - I believe vols 11-15 were pulled around the time of the DVD release. If not, I would consider buying it if that is the only form it will come in. I wrote a rather scathing email to Time Life this weekend and their reply offered some hope:

Thank you for taking the time to write. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.

We appreciate your taking the time to express your opinion. Rest assured, I will forward your comments to the appropriate department.

We are in the planning stages of producing our products in DVD format. Currently, we only have the first 10 volumes in the new format. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment that this may cause. Please check with us in a few months, as we expect to have additional volumes in DVD format by this summer.

If you have any questions, or whenever we can be of service, please feel free to contact our office.

Sincerely,

Lisa White
Customer Service - Internet