Ask Ken at Palisades

CrockAlley

Reaction score
Just want to voice my opinion about the nurses. I'm afraid I'm in the "exactly like the show" camp. But, hey, the Star Wars line would never make a character with different clothes than in the movies. Oh, wait, they have. And I hated them. Cold-gear Obi-Wan. What were they thinking?

uncleduke

Reaction score
I work retail, and all I can think when I look at this proposed lineup is PEG WARMERS.
Don't get me wrong, I am a fan and will buy every figure. However if the series consists of Statler and Waldorf (Two old men in similair suits, both with chairs, and small accessories) and the other figures are Janice and Piggy in Identical clothes, the casual fan will look at these and think the line is out of steam, even though this is far from the truth. If you are going to have them with the same costumes, at least spread them out a bit. Even the WOS line had the good sense not to release all of the Sunday Best figures at the same time.

I said it before, this is the last time:
Janice in Scrubs(3 per case)... Piggy in Traditional Nurses Uniform (2 per case). Piggy in Scrubs as the in case Variant (1 per case).

Luke

Reaction score
I think thats a great idea - Uncle Dukes idea is good too but the variants are only repaints now right ? It's a shame there isn't a way to have Piggy/Janice in different costumes at the start though because i agree with the person who said that having two figures that looked the same would put people off.

Personally i like the idea of some artistic changes from the original shows, not massive changes but stuff that makes the line more fun or playable. I'm very glad you see this from a product developers angle (playability, look, promotion, marketability to the general public) rather than just going with the purists on everything like some hardcore fan would ....... and not just cos you like gals in nurses uniforms ! (don't we all) :cool:

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
... and not just cos you like gals in nurses uniforms ! (don't we all) :cool:
Actually I am partial to girls out of their nurses uniforms.... but those are COMPLETELY different toys!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
uncleduke I work retail, and all I can think when I look at this proposed lineup is PEG WARMERS.

Here's the thing. I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER said that the line-up for Series 6 contained Statler, Waldorf, Nurse Piggy and Nurce Janice. In fact, rumor has it that Series 6 doesn't have ANY VH figures in it at all...

Ken

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

I don't think Ken EVER said that the said figures would come in the series 6. Least, that's my understanding. Least, now it is.

I think.

FOZ
(Who's Bearly here anyhow...)

uncleduke

Reaction score
Ken,

My apologies, I was going under a misconception.
I read on one of the posts that the proposed series 6 line up was those four, and ran with it.
I chide others for getting sucked into the rumor mill, and here I have gone and done the same thing.

:frown:

I hope you just used the copy and paste command, I would feel awful if you were so mad you typed out the word ever 58 times
:frown:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly In fact, rumor has it that Series 6 doesn't have ANY VH figures in it at all...
Ken
Oh my gawd - lemme guess - you've decided to drop the Muppet license and make an ALF action figure line after all ?

I would wet myself if that ever happened, i would y'know !

Luke

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke, did you ever buy the figures for the cartoon line up of ALF? I have those!!

BAZ

Reaction score
Gee...

I guess I'll be getting Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice just so I can say

"See..that was my idea"