Ask Ken at Palisades

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Re: Variants?

Originally posted by Chadj76
If this has been addressed before, sorry. But, what is the "variants" or "chase" figure ratio going to be? 1 per 3 cases less more? ANY info. would be GREAT!
It will be 1:2, 1 chase figure and 2 regular figures per case.

dr. gorry

Reaction score
okay i know i'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy behind but man are those disney magical collections suh-weet.oh and ken, next time you go to china would ya mind pickin me up an extra pooh bear,or maybe steamboat willie mickey?lol.:big_grin:

dr. gorry

Reaction score
could somebody pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeee gimme a link to um...............link.because i've looked for hours and have found zip............

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by dr. gorry
could somebody pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeee gimme a link to um...............link.because i've looked for hours and have found zip............

Link Link

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
If the hair is a separate piece included with the figure to cover her magnetic skullcap, then how will the hair be placed on the figure's head?

Ummm...on top?

Would it be really all that feasable to have Janice's arms and legs be bendie limbs? Barring any executive decision you make, I'd prefer her limbs to have articulation like what you already mentioned. I have a Bendie figure, and it's texture and movement really isn't fully satisfactory

There are a lot of bendable items out there. You could have a piece that is inherently a piece of *** just because oif what it is. But I do agree I don't like bendie because of the holes you have to have in it to fit bendable stuff in. I said I was exploring the option, and that's it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If I can't do the bendie arms though, be prepared becuase she will be the least articulated figure we've done since Kermit and Fozzie perhaps.

ken, next time you go to china would ya mind pickin me up an extra pooh bear,or maybe steamboat willie mickey?

IF they're still around sure. Won't be going back until December.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
There are a lot of bendable items out there. You could have a piece that is inherently a piece of *** just because oif what it is. But I do agree I don't like bendie because of the holes you have to have in it to fit bendable stuff in. I said I was exploring the option, and that's it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If I can't do the bendie arms though, be prepared becuase she will be the least articulated figure we've done since Kermit and Fozzie perhaps.
i'm sure she's far enough along at this point that it really can't even be feasibly considered, BUT what about the possibility of beefing up her wardrobe. something like a pair of pants and maybe a longer or half-sleeve shirt. like the fact that tux Kermit has more articulation than regular Kermit.

having said that, and knowing that it's probably a moot point, i would like to suggest possibly a thin shaft of whatever metal you can use in each of the legs. if her legs are thin like Kermit's, then you're going to end up with the same bending problems. since the legs aren't supposed to bend anyway, no one would notice it in there unless they cut off her leg (which is a thought that i'm sure just caused Byron to gag). it's something that would keep the legs (and arms too, maybe) shaped properly, and keep poor Janice from "laying down on the job" later.

also, i'm curious...thinner usually means "less stable". Will Janice have a stand of any kind, even though she's coming with the playset? or will her feet/balance be enough that it's not necessary?

lastly, how does it feel to be back in the good old (air contitioned) US of A? were there any problems traveling back into the country that close to 9/11? (was it actually ON 9/11?) just wondered if you had any stories.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Having said that, and knowing that it's probably a moot point, i would like to suggest possibly a thin shaft of whatever metal you can use in each of the legs.

Th only way to insert ANY metal or other material would be for the legs to have spru holes in the back of the legs. Would you want the aesthetic of the figure altered in that fashion? If I were to insert metal, it would by its nature be bendable. What I'll have to do is just try to use the hardest plastics I can there if there is no inserted pieces.

Also, i'm curious...thinner usually means "less stable". Will Janice have a stand of any kind, even though she's coming with the playset? or will her feet/balance be enough that it's not necessary?

It wouldn't be inconceivable that she have a stand, she might need one because she will be difficult to stand up. I want to work her out so she can stand on her own, but if for some reason she can't then yeah I would be inclined to toss something like a base in there. But the primary goal would still be to just get the legs to work!

Lastly, how does it feel to be back in the good old (air contitioned) US of A? were there any problems traveling back into the country that close to 9/11? (was it actually ON 9/11?) just wondered if you had any stories.

No real stories, although security was tighter. In every security checkpoint I had to take my portable hard drive out to be bomb sniffed by those little swabs they rub on them. When I arrived at the HK airport, I had to explain what the MEGA Muppet prototypes were because I had four sculpt prototypes of future ones packed in my bags. Had to pull out my card, explain that I was in the toy business and explain what they were made out of, cause some of the parts I guess were large and suspicious.

As for the air conditioned US, I will say this...great to be back home. No place like it!