Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow! I'm stoked. It's good to see that there is support for the figures. Seeing how many recent Muppet projects are poorly hyped (Time Life) I am making an effort to tell everybody I know. I know that most of them won't collect the entire line, but when I mentioned characters like Janice and Crazy Harry it really sparked their interest to at least pick up their faves!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick

Them must be some tiny knittin' needles. LOL!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie

Yeah im gonna try and talk Ken into letting Piggy have some Knittin' needles as accessories...

LOL!

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm not sure even Miss Piggy would be too keen on that idea. Maybe a pizza, but certainly not knitting needles.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Frogboy

Frogboy wrote:
Thog would certainly be a great character to include and what Quilter may not realize is that there already will be multiple versions of the Muppet Show "elite" characters that the addition of someone like Thog will help keep it going.
Actually, I am quite aware of the line and the specifics of each wave and the changes and possible changes Ken has shared. I never said Thog would be a bad choice. In fact, I've posted a couple of times in favor of Thog. I want Thog. I definitely want Thog more than Doglion.

What I was saying was Thog in a pink sweater will not, in my opinion, expand the appeal of the line.

In my opinion, the way to get kids hooked on the line is through the most recognizable characters. My point was, kids know who Kermit and Piggy are. Give them a really cool Kermit fig and pretty soon they'll want more. Kids are pretty good at wanting more. LOL Once a kid has a Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo (etc) they'll start admiring an interesting monster like Thog.

Not sure why you thought I was unaware of the multiple versions of the main Muppets-- or what that had to do with my thoughts on the sweater issue. I didn't argue for more main Muppets. I wasn't even arguing against the sweater-- though personally I can skip it-- I was merely arguing against the sweater as a way to market the line to young girls.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ah - it sounded to me like you were promoting multiples of Kermit, Foziie etc over lesser known characters in your original post. I must gotten that wrong. LOL!

My poitn was simply that by the time a Thog would be released (if at all) 3 Kermits, 2 Piggys, 3 (or more) Gonzos and 2 Fozzies will already be out with even more of them to come later on that year (projecting into 03). But you seem to agree with that anyway.

I'm glad you agree about the sweater. If Thog were to even get any clothes, I wouldn't start with that for fear it would misrepresent him to others as some sort of 'girly monster'. Nothing against female monsters, of course, but when it is discovered that Thog is a male...well then, do we remember what happened with Jerry Fallwell and the purple Telletubby. LOL!

Oh no! I was the first to bring up the dreadful Tellelubbies on the new forum! Eeeek. There, I've done it again. I must be stopped. Stopped, I tell you!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Frogboy

Frogboy wrote:
Oh no! I was the first to bring up the dreadful Tellelubbies on the new forum! Eeeek. There, I've done it again. I must be stopped. Stopped, I tell you!
It's okay! Actually, you aren't the first. I think Iggy was the first in a different thread. (Sesame Letters, I think). So at worst you're the second -- still, I'm all for avoiding Teletubbie references (and let's not even get started on the evil purple thing)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The evil purple thing...LOL! Shesh, if that were true, Miss Piggy should have been locked up a long time ago!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
The evil purple thing...LOL! Shesh, if that were true, Miss Piggy should have been locked up a long time ago!
Just exactly what are you getting at there, Frogboy?! :wink:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I certainly did not mean Miss Piggy! I was refering to an entirely different evil purple thing. Errr.... Wait, that didn't come out right! Oh no-- I'm gunna get karate chopped......

Miss Piggy is not evil!

I meant the stupid foam costume character that, at least on my local PBS station, proceeds Sesame Street in the morning kids line-up.

Miss Piggy is a star

I would never want to offend the pig-- I bruise easily.