Ask Ken at Palisades

smcguire

Reaction score
Well, look at the trouble I caused by mentioning the Peanuts figs, and all for nothing because the Rowlf comes with a Beethoven bust too! :smile:

I'm active in a lot of the Peanuts forums, and as far I've heard, Target is pretty much the only place to get them - but even not all Targets have them. As of last weekend, one of my local Targets didn't have 'em, and one was just getting them out of the boxes when I showed up (and I harassed them to let me have some). So keep bugging yours... and hopefully they'll show up at some other stores soon.

The Muppet figures were a lot easier to get ahold of! (But I'll note I didn't see any at Target.)

The Peanuts figures aren't bad, but the Muppet figures are far superior. But since I'm probably even a bigger Peanuts fan than Muppets fan (close call, though), I had to get them anyway. Now I've got to find a place to display both my Muppet and my Peanuts figures...

And finally... happy birthday, Ken, and thanks for everything!

--Scott McGuire

Luke

Reaction score
I just wanted to correct what i said earlier about the new UK prices - Virgin Megastores, one of our main chains have got the Muppets in, which is superb news because it means people don't have to search out obscure comic shops. The bad news is that as well as now taking the Muppets they are taking the regular U.S Simpsons line too - the cheap £7.99 price is for the Simpsons only (i was originally told it was both) - the Muppet line is going at £11.99 for regular Piggy and £12.99 for all the other wave one characters which is wierd in itself. This is about the same price as the comic shops and is not good seeing as they have the Simpsons sitting right next to them going for more or less near to the same price as in the USA, but the Muppets having the hiked up price that results from the extra import taxes and the UK distributors cut as well.

Unfortunately it's made the entire Muppet line peg warmers in our regular mall stores - i spoke to them and they have only sold three figures, and still have their entire store stock of four Muppet labs sitting there. The reason why is that Playmates have cunningly got a new UK distributor called 'Vivid Imaginations Limited' who are somehow getting these things into the country and selling them for half the price UK people would usually pay in Comic Stores. I take it they are getting them directly from the factories and avoiding some kind of import charges, ordering more in bulk because they are a chain or something like that. People don't want to pay double the price of a Simspons figure for a Muppet one so it looks like they aren't touching them.

Anyway Ken, if these people approach you and say they want mark-down money or something then it's nothing to do with the actual figures - more to do with the market within where they are selling and not all that fair.

grail

Reaction score
here in indiana, i have yet to see the Peanuts figures in a Traget store. however, i HAVE seen them at Meijer! i even bought Charlie Brown, Lucy, and Schroder for my mom's birthday yesterday...if anyone wants them, i'd be happy to go shopping again...they seem to have a pretty decent amount, and we have 5 Meijer's in town, and ones on other towns that i wouldn't mind making a trip to to look...just email me, grail42@hotmail.com

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
Can you please tell me how much the Peanuts figures are going for at Target
also the new Rudolph Rednose Reindeer figures are out at Kmart for $5.99

Kermie19

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I noticed that Toysrus.com only has four exclusive Kermit in tuxes left. It used to be five before I bought one.:smile: And if anyone is still curious, my Target in Western Washington carries the Peanuts action figures. I also work at a GameStop and they were scheduled to come out today there. Keep up the great work Palisades and a late happy birthday to Ken.

Bryce

Juxton

Reaction score
If you're planning on getting all the Peanuts figures, they are cheapest as the boxed sets. The individual carded figures are $7.99 and the boxed sets of 3 figs each are $15.99. The Snoopy with doghouse set didn't have a price on it, sorry. I got both boxed sets for Great Pumpkin. They're no Muppets as far as how they are made, but the're pretty neat. Not sure if they're worth $8 a piece, though. If that show wasn't such an integral part of my growing up, I wouldn't have bought them.

These were the prices at Target here in OK, BTW.

(edit) Almost forgot: Happy B-day, Ken!! (yeah, it's late, but I was working until midnight)

tomahawk

Reaction score
they had quite a lot of the peanuts figures at the target near my house. both the gret pumpkin ones and the good ol' charlie brown.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Here's a question for well... anyone.
I still have no lab set nor Honeydew. Are they both going to be made again into different figures some where down the line? If so how far away. I could hold out for beaker cause I am sure he should be available as a single figure (not including the current exclusives). But Honeydew is another story... Heck I should just get over it and buy the lab and honeydew online!

Ken, what is the most figure yet to be released that you are anticapating to see made? I think someone asked you that...If so... how about which playset not yet made would you like to see done?

grail

Reaction score
if you're gonna get the Lab and Bunsen at all, i'd do it ASAP. Palisades has completely sold their stock, so what you see now is IT. unless they go back and make a new batch, which would be a couple years from now if at all, this is the last you'll see of these in this form. there may be more Bunsens and Beakers later, but not THIS Bunsen and Beaker...and probably not the Lab.

sorry...