Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Convincing John

Reaction score
A couple questions for Travis

Hey Travis,

First of all, I have Kermit and Animal so far. They are amazing! It's just like having the real thing right in front of you. (Note to Muppet fans who haven't ordered them yet...go get 'em!)

Now for the questions:

Do our polls here at MC for future characters have an impact on who MR will make? I know you have to sell to both hard core collectors and casual fans. The main reason I ask is because of Scooter. I'd buy one so fast...

I don't know how involved you are with the final decision process on which characters to make, but here's an idea to plop on the table. A lot of the hard core fans who remember when the Muppet Show first aired also remember merchandise based on the Main Seven. MR could keep this in mind.

And also, earlier, you said you'd like to make all 4 remaining Electric Mayhem members. If this comes to pass, can Floyd please be the first to be released? As I said here, Floyd got omitted from the Sideshow bust line :smile:sing: not cool, man!)

In support of Floyd being first:

1. MR could advertise him as a companion piece to Animal. He's Animal's owner, after all. Who else can hold his chain?

2. Floyd can be released as the same number of replicas to match Animal, and therefore MR doesn't have to worry about selling so many as say, Kermit.

3. Floyd and Animal are musicians, right? Well, why not advertise these two to certain music stores for sale? MR could (perhaps) ship some Floyds (or Animals as well) to stores where "hipsters" shop for CD's, or even records. I worked in a record store, yes a real record store, that also sold some vintage Beatles, Stones and other rock merchandise. I could easily see both and Animal and Floyd for sale there. I remember Beaker merchandise flew off the shelves in Hot Topics where I live, and Muppet Labs playsets were snapped up at Suncoasts here just so people could get the Beaker figure inside! The same goes for the Electric Mayhem stage and Mega Animal.

4. This is a long shot...Floyd could also be marketed towards Beatles collectors, too. (He was partially based off of John Lennon and there are Beatle collectors out there, believe me, with deep pockets and who will buy anything remotely collected to any of the Fab Four. I've seen it, believe me). Maybe MR could have a link to a "Buy a Floyd Pepper replica" on some Beatle collector or classic rock merchandise website. Just a thought.

5. Jerry Nelson's gotta be represented in this replica line. I feel that he (and Richard) deserve it...but that's just a hard core collector talking.

Convincing John

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
ConvincingJohn....you are starting to sound convincing there! :wink:

Convincing John

Reaction score
(Sheepish shrug). Just showin' my support for Scooter, Floyd, Richard and Jerry. I just hope that MR notices this!

We all know that Richard and Jerry are awesome. These two have contributed so much to the magic of the Muppets.

Yeah...Beaker's nice...Pepe's hokay, and I have nothing against Rizzo at all.

But as a hard core Muppet fan from the original Muppet Show days, the voices I heard immediately after this beautiful sound (it still gives me goosebumps!) belonged to either:

Jim: "It's the Muppet Show!"

Richard: "Oh, (guest star's name) 15 seconds to curtain, (guest star's name)!"

Jerry: "Zzzz...huh? Hey, who are you?"

And you knew it was going to be a half hour of happiness, magic, silliness and fun. Yeah...

See? Yeah, Pops won't be made, but Floyd just might have a chance. The polls here say we'd like Scooter to be made. If one did get made, forget 'the curtain'! I'd need only "15 seconds to pre-order!":wink:

Convincing John

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Trav-Daddy,

Could you possibly throw us a bone by getting the art dept. to give us a glimpse of the artwork for fozzie's box?

With the difference of no satin blanket, were there any other options discussed, such as a "tissue" paper lining printed with the drawings used for construction?

Lastlty is it a done deal, no stand for Da Bear?

We all hope that Fozzie and the new manufacturing company doesn't make your job any more difficult!

Not my fave as fozzie is, but I would have to say yes for Scooter. He is a logical choice.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yes Trav....we are REALLY eager to see our bear! :embarrassed:

and his pre-order! :wink:

So how is the NEXT photo puppet idea coming along? Please say you are starting on them. We are too excited! :stick_out_tongue:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Don't understand how we are able to pre-order Fozzie in the UK when MR haven't even put them on their website.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
It is strange, and he is such a low Ed of 1000 too. Only 996 left, better be quick.

Maybe Fozzie is a UK exclusive, lol.

Chris

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I think that TCZ may be guessing at the edition number. I might wait until Fozzie is available for pe-order on the MR website before pre-ordering mine from TCZ. Just incase.

justairbagit

Reaction score
Long shot

Now I know this is a long shot and i hope i dont offend any one but is there a chance of ever seeing any fraggle rock replicas? You would make alot of fraggle rock fans very happy!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Don't understand how we are able to pre-order Fozzie in the UK when MR haven't even put them on their website.
To answer it simply...they are the same company. The UK has MR branch called Corgi which is what TCZ belong to thus giving us the chance to preorder Fozzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.