JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Today's avatar of mine is me,taken at Kings Dominion in Doswell,VA.

Ziffel

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Today's avatar of mine is me,taken at Kings Dominion in Doswell,VA.
I have never been to King's Dominion but remember the commercials for it when it first debuted in 1975. I was still in Silver Spring, Maryland so I'm sure that's why the ads were aired. Whereas Disney World has Disney characters walking through the park, Kings had (and maybe still has) Hanna Barbera characters (like Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone) right?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow Ziff, just wanted to say thanks for changing your avatar back. I seriously lost you for a month, or however long you had the blue guy for.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
I have never been to King's Dominion but remember the commercials for it when it first debuted in 1975. I was still in Silver Spring, Maryland so I'm sure that's why the ads were aired. Whereas Disney World has Disney characters walking through the park, Kings had (and maybe still has) Hanna Barbera characters (like Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone) right?

Back in the 70s-80s,the Hanna Barbera characters did walk around,yes.You can see an early clip containing Kings Dominion in the movie 'Rollercoaster' with George Segal.Those were the days,also,when the major roller coaster back then was the Rebel Yell(also seen in the movie).Nowadays,Paramount characters have taken over the park,due to an obvious take-over by Paramount.

Ziffel

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Wow Ziff, just wanted to say thanks for changing your avatar back. I seriously lost you for a month, or however long you had the blue guy for.
Thanks! I enjoyed that blue aardvark, and the tic tacs and Niagara Falls were cool too. But the ol' Ziffel avatar is my fave (and goes best with my user name) :smile:

And Diana, I have seen "Rollercoaster" several times and I really LOVE that movie. I didn't realize it was filmed at Doswell, though. I thought it was at the real life opening of Magic Mountain (located somewhere in the midwest like Kansas or Nebraska I'm thinking?). But maybe that was just the setting for the movie when actually was in Doswell, Viriginia, eh?
GREAT rollercoaster scenes and photography in that movie and a smart, tense thriller. 4 stars out of 4 for me.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Thanks! I enjoyed that blue aardvark, and the tic tacs and Niagara Falls were cool too. But the ol' Ziffel avatar is my fave (and goes best with my user name) :smile:

And Diana, I have seen "Rollercoaster" several times and I really LOVE that movie. I didn't realize it was filmed at Doswell, though. I thought it was at the real life opening of Magic Mountain (located somewhere in the midwest like Kansas or Nebraska I'm thinking?). But maybe that was just the setting for the movie when actually was in Doswell, Viriginia, eh?
GREAT rollercoaster scenes and photography in that movie and a smart, tense thriller. 4 stars out of 4 for me.
Looking on IMDB,here are the location sites for Rollercoaster:

Kings Dominion - 16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, Virginia, USA
Navy Pier, Near North Side, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ocean View Amusement Park - Granby Street at Ocean View Avenue, Ocean View, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Six Flags Magic Mountain - 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, Valencia, California, USA

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
What the...I never knew this thread existed. (then again, I joined after this thread died so)

Looking back, does anyone know if I have ever used a female as an avatar? Because I don't think I have. Huh...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All I know is I wish the old truth or dare thread worked out a little better, because I would've dared Newsie to go an entire month without changing her av. :stick_out_tongue: