1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by TogetherAgain, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Change is good. I often find some in the bottom of my bags
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's why I knew that was one round I'd win. :p
  3. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Don't worry, Snowth. I took of it. :)
  4. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

If I could find someone to make me one, I'd probably change it to that. As for Sweetums, I might do it, I don't know yet.

Daniel
  5. Sgt Floyd

I'm really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for avatars :p

Maybe I should start a thread...Vote for Sarge's Next Avatar! Where you get to decide what my next one will be :p
  6. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? I think you changed your avatar the second time this week.
  7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------
    Get a bigger barrel. Works for me.

------------
  8. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

It gets even harder if you don't come on the forum too often. For instance, Snowth, it's probably been years since you had your old avatar with both snowths in it... but I honestly haven't been able to recognize you since then without a conscious effort to look at the name and say, "Yes, this is Snowth's post. Right. Got it."

And that's probably a factor in why I almost never change my own avatar. I was going to say this is only my third one, but I think I changed it once ages ago for an RPG, back when we were doing those... and then I could never recognize my own posts!

I'm gonna sound old here, but I have to say... Do you have any idea it used to be to get a Robin the Frog avatar? Back in the old days, when MC had really strict size limits for avatars, and before Muppet Wiki came about and made it a million times easier to find pictures of relatively obscure Muppets... I hung out on the forum with a Kermit avatar for months before Vic Romano created a Robin avatar that I went on to use for years. And now you have a whole folder? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think that's awesome... But man, times have changed! ...I feel old now. :p
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  9. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    So grab a dvd and start freeze-framing! Easy to collect good av pics now; it's not like they need to be in gorgeous 400 pt resolution or anything. I have two separate collections of Newsie pics, including stuff I use only for drawing reference. Screencaps can be perfect encapsulations of a character.

-------------
  10. Vincent Liu

Just for fun, I change my avatar temporarily on holidays. (naturally, it's all Robin) I also change my signature accordingly.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I like that idea of changing it on holidays...the thing I especially like about yours is that since they all involve Robin, it's easy to keep track of you when you change it.
  12. Vincent Liu

Thanks!

I wonder if anyone noticed my Father's Day avatar of Kermit and Robin reading a book?
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I didn't...probably because I wasn't around much on Father's Day this year, but it sounds like it would've been pretty cool, and fitting for the event...
  14. Sgt Floyd

I wonder just how many people here even know who is in my avatar right now. I'd be surprised if even just one person did :p
  15. Vincent Liu

If just one person believes in you. Deep enough and strong enough believe in you...Sorry, can't help it.
    I must say I have absolutely no idea who your avatar is. Is it even Henson related?
  16. Sgt Floyd

Nope. I haven't had a Henson related avatar in years
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure that out since you had it. I'm assuming it's from an animated movie, maybe having something to do with space...
  18. Sgt Floyd

Not a movie, not about space. I have actually said what it was from in passing ;)
  19. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I tend to change mine a lot I get tired easily. Lol! But mine will always be of Kermit & Piggy to show my fandom for them. :):mad: I will occasionally change it for special events or even sad events such as Jim Henson's birthday, and the day he past away. But I will probably change it for holiday's such as Christmas when the time comes. :D
  20. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

I don't know about young, but I think my avatar leads some people to think I'm male.