Baby Rowlf's Voice

Ernie101

Reaction score
Yeah Gonzo, I remember that show. Both shows aired on Fox.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
BEAR said:
interesting that in the Muppets Take Manahattan (during the Muppet Babies dream) all the Muppeteers performed their own baby versions of their characters except I believe Steve Whitmire did Kermit's voice. I wonder why Jim Henson didn't do it.
Actually, Jim did do baby Kermit's voice in the movie. Just goes to show how talented he was that he could pull off a voice that even the fans wouldn't recognize as his.

BEAR

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Actually, Jim did do baby Kermit's voice in the movie. Just goes to show how talented he was that he could pull off a voice that even the fans wouldn't recognize as his.

Then maybe it was Richard Hunt that didn't perform Baby Scooter. i know there was one of the Baby counterparts that was voiced by Steve Whitmire.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Actually, I'm about positive all the original puppeteers performed and voiced their baby counterparts.

MWoO

Reaction score
Someone said that Steve performed Baby Kermit in an old post, but it is not true. It is most certainly Jim Henson. They all peroformed their own baby characters.

BEAR

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Someone said that Steve performed Baby Kermit in an old post, but it is not true. It is most certainly Jim Henson. They all peroformed their own baby characters.

I actually realized that baby Kermit did sound just like Jim Henson. Maybe it is just because Scooter's voice sounds so completely different. I mean, all the others still sound like their characters but Scooter's voice is so not what the Adult Scooter sounds like.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I am seriously amazed at how well the muppeteers pull-off these voices, whitch is one of the first things I liked about the muppets.

BEAR, good point about baby Scooter. That's cool that you noticed it sounded like Jim Henson.

BTW, do you think the baby looney toons is a rip-off of this show?

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
I am seriously amazed at how well the muppeteers pull-off these voices, whitch is one of the first things I liked about the muppets.

BEAR, good point about baby Scooter. That's cool that you noticed it sounded like Jim Henson.

BTW, do you think the baby looney toons is a rip-off of this show?

No, no. I wasn't saying Baby Scooter sounded like Jim Henson. I said Baby Kermit sounded like Jim Henson correcting myself from before when I didn;t think it was Jim's voice. I am thinking it was Scooter that was not done by Richard Hunt.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I think it was Richard as Baby Scooter in TMTM, he kinda sounded like Janice

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I always felt like Richard's Baby Scooter voice was similar to the "Frank Welker" voice, which is the cute, gurgly voice he created for tons of cartoon characters (such as Glomer from the Punky Brewster cartoon), and which was subsequently adopted by several voice artists like Dave Coulier, Howie Mandel and Chris Sanders, the director of Lilo and Stitch and the title character's performer. It's a pretty common voice, easy to do (just about any kid on a playground can pull it off) and fits a baby character very well, so i can see why Richard would use it for Baby Scooter. It's interesting to note that Frank used the voice on Muppet Babies when he took over as Skeeter after Howie Mandel left the show. I doubt there's a connection between his useage of it on the cartoon and Richard's performance in the movie, which came out a year earlier, but it's still interesting.