Back To Square One?(The Muppets' 60th Anniversary)

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Well word is muppet vision 3d has been replaced by (ughhh) Frozen. Maybe a petition can get started. Maybe it's just for the holidays?
It's still at Hollywood Studios, but out in California it's gone.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well that is not good at all.......I had heard that that was a fun little game.

I have been thinking about the old 1990 deal that the Jim Henson Company had with Disney compared to the 2005 buyout of the Muppets. I feel that if they could have kept the 90's deal that the Muppets would be as big as they where durring the Muppet Show days. Just look at the list and varity of the Henson library that was released under Jim Henson video, and Disney from 93 to 96.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jim_Henson_Video

There was a good mix of classic Henson/Muppet productions and new things as well. If they kept this deal going there would be no question that Muppets Tonight would at least be out on VHS, and Muppets from Space and Kermit Swamp years would more then likely would have been done, but done differently as well.
I really wish Disney would just release MT on DVD, it would reach new fans, because of the current guest stars, Martin Short, Sandra Bullock, and there are less songs to clear, and there are only 22 episodes, so it would be easy to release, and people would buy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the old 1990 deal that the Jim Henson Company had with Disney compared to the 2005 buyout of the Muppets. I feel that if they could have kept the 90's deal that the Muppets would be as big as they where durring the Muppet Show days. Just look at the list and varity of the Henson library that was released under Jim Henson video, and Disney from 93 to 96.
It seems like when The Jim Henson Company has a video distribution deal, it never gets renewed (well, Sony still has the home video rights to The Storyteller and The Dark Crystal after all these years). I wonder why... I'm guessing it's Henson who doesn't renew as opposed to the video companies refusing to renew, considering that when one license expires, another company gets the video rights almost immediately. I think the Sony deal lasted the longest, at eight years (1998-2004), while the other deals all lasted just five years.

I really wish Disney would just release MT on DVD, it would reach new fans, because of the current guest stars, Martin Short, Sandra Bullock, and there are less songs to clear, and there are only 22 episodes, so it would be easy to release, and people would buy.
And MuppeTelevision has a lot less songs to clear as well. Not just because there's only eight of them, but almost every episode had only two songs each (not counting times when a verse of a song was sung, or that food song commercial from the "Food" episode). And four of the songs on the show were written especially for the series.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Again, there's music rights and celebrity appearances to clear.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
It's still at Hollywood Studios, but out in California it's gone.
California's Muppet-Vision is only gone temporarily, according to this Disney Parks Blog article:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/12/new-frozen-fun-opens-at-disneyland-resort-january-7/

In the comments section, Shawn Slater (one of the blog's writers and the writer of that specific article), posted a reply stating "“For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” is planned to run through at least May 15, 2015. Muppet*Vision 3D is expected to return at some point in the future."

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
California's Muppet-Vision is only gone temporarily, according to this Disney Parks Blog article:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/12/new-frozen-fun-opens-at-disneyland-resort-january-7/

In the comments section, Shawn Slater (one of the blog's writers and the writer of that specific article), posted a reply stating "“For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” is planned to run through at least May 15, 2015. Muppet*Vision 3D is expected to return at some point in the future."
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware it was only a temporary replacement out west. I was just at WDW, but I don't pay too close attention to the happenings at Disneyland.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It seems like when The Jim Henson Company has a video distribution deal, it never gets renewed (well, Sony still has the home video rights to The Storyteller and The Dark Crystal after all these years). I wonder why... I'm guessing it's Henson who doesn't renew as opposed to the video companies refusing to renew, considering that when one license expires, another company gets the video rights almost immediately. I think the Sony deal lasted the longest, at eight years (1998-2004), while the other deals all lasted just five years.

And MuppeTelevision has a lot less songs to clear as well. Not just because there's only eight of them, but almost every episode had only two songs each (not counting times when a verse of a song was sung, or that food song commercial from the "Food" episode). And four of the songs on the show were written especially for the series.
The MuppeTelevision stuff does not have many recognizable celebrities or muppets, so the most I could see it getting is some of them being special features on muppet DVDs, even then it seems pretty unlikely to get a release.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Again, there's music rights and celebrity appearances to clear.
Since all of the celebrities are around, and still popular, I would doubt that any of them would not let their episode be released, with TMS, the estates are pretty hard to compromise with at all.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score

I think it was in a Tough Pigs article that a cast member of MV3D says that everything is being removed from the attraction, and it will not be returning.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think it was in a Tough Pigs article that a cast member of MV3D says that everything is being removed from the attraction, and it will not be returning.
I'd rather believe a Disney Parks Blog writer than a cast member who may not know all the details and could be wrong.

Ryan Dosier's sources have also told him it's just a temporary closure as well.

Last edited: