Bad Baby Names

Whatever

Reaction score
Anders means "different" in German. So if you wanna give your kida a different name...
:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Davina

Reaction score
odd names....

I forgot about these when I was posting last night..

I use to work in a medical office and we had some really odd names come through.. there are a few that really stick out in my mind..
Hermine (yes, just like in the Harry Potter books..)
Elizabeth Borden (very sweet elderly lady.. and yes, she went by Lizzie)
and the one man's name that sticks out (this all was over 2 years ago...) was
Boling (bowling) Hall

And yes, I was dead serious about Royal Blue.. my family has had lots of weird little naming habits over the years....

And I don't think I've seen anyone mention Lady Bird Johnson (my mom met her a few times back when she worked with the FBI, said she was extremely nice....)

Beebers

Reaction score
Davina said:
I don't think I've seen anyone mention Lady Bird Johnson (my mom met her a few times back when she worked with the FBI, said she was extremely nice....)
Lady Bird's real first name is Claudia, but I've forgotten the story behind the Lady Bird nickname. A great great woman, could have done a lot better husband-wise.

:smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Davina said:
Elizabeth Borden (very sweet elderly lady.. and yes, she went by Lizzie)
Elderly . . . hmmmmm . . . must have been the real one. Eeeek lol. Do you know, that house is a B and B now? People pay to stay in the rooms where the murders took place. Eeeeew.

:concern: :eek: :concern:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
One of my ferrets is named "Baby Chewie," and one day I decided to enter in her name as a URL to see what happened. I was directed to the home page of a baby whose name actually is "Baby Chewie!" Not legally, I think, but I was impressed anyway. What a fun name!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I heard about somebody today who's first name is Mister.

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
Related: One of my great-greats was named Geula Finetta Arbuckle, pronounced 'gew-lah, fye-net-uh'. Right, like I would name one of my little girls THAT! :eek:

Urban Legend?: My stepmom used to tell us about a guy that was in the Army with her dad (looong time ago) and he was named W.B. Darling, but would never reveal what the initials stood for - until he was forced to when enlisting in the Army. Ready for this? It stood for Welcome Baby Darling! Now, ain't THAT special?!

Immediate: My husband and I wanted to name our firstborn Kate, after my sister, and I REALLY wanted her middle name to be Kennedy. But, with a last name that starts with a 'K' as well, we were looking at a 99% chance of having a blonde-haired, blue-eyed little girl with the initials KKK. Found the Gaelic spelling of Kennedy and it started with a 'C', but was impossible for anyone to spell. So, she's now Kate MacKenna, but we all call her Bug. Our second and last got the hand-me-down first name of Kennedy and, since we weren't having any boys, her middle name is Jaymes - Jay for my dad and James for my husband's dad. She's a really petite little thing - just topped 20# at her second birthday yesterday! - and her she has a HUGE name! Kennedy Jaymes. Kate nick-named her Kiki before she was born, as she couldn't pronounce Kennedy. That got stretched into Keeks, which is what sticks most today!

Family Confusion: My sister and I both married a Jeff, so mine got nick-named J.D., since the guys were getting tired of being called 'Kate's Jeff' and 'Heather's Jeff'. I named my daughter Kate, but refuse to call her 'Katey' so my sister ends up being 'Senior' to me. Kate's daughter, Maddie, was given the middle name Mackenzie, while my daughter Kate's middle name is MacKenna, so my mom can never remember who got what name. Then Kate's son is named Connor and my mom's sister's family are surnamed Conner. Yee-haw!

Got all that?! :big_grin:

zootlove

Reaction score
I have a friend of mine who is a minister. Her name is (get this) Penny Dollar. I feel so bad for her. Imagine the names she got is school. :sympathy: :cool:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I came so close to being named "Mavourneen"(pronounced:Mah-VOOR-neen) when I was born.It's an Irish name & it was my dad's idea to name me it. But Mom put her foot down & said that I'd be named Kathleen instead. Dad didn't lose out on the whole deal though. My middle name is Patrice.

(oh...FYI?: ANYONE who calls me Kathleen here gets a "virtual karate chop" being delivered my Miss Piggy! Got it? :wink: :smile: )