Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Same here, S.S.:smile:

The third film hasn't even come out yet and they're already in talks for the fourth film. I just found out this bit of information a few minutes ago, concerning the screenwriter of the Spider-Man series, David Koepp. This is what SHH! said:

Our source tells us that the studio is really excited about Spider-Man 3 after having seen a first cut of the movie. Add to that the phenomenal reaction to the screenings of footage at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and the momentum leading up to this point from last summer's Comic-Con, which have sparked the studio to approach Koepp about penning the fourth film's screenplay.

Koepp is not signed yet, but the studio is definitely moving forward with another installment.
For those looking forward to the fourth Indiana Jones film, David Koepp is the guy who's writing the script for that one. Ironic, isn't it?:big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
There was an interview with Dylan Baker (a.k.a. "Dr. Curt Conners" from Spider-Man 2) in which he was asked about his role in the third movie. Check it out, he says...

I am in Spider-Man 3, and my wife Becky Ann Baker is also in the movie, she plays James Cromwell's wife and Bryce Dallas Howard's mother. Dr. Conners' wife has not made an appearance yet, at least not that I know of.
In this one I am still in my business suit and that’s all I’ll say. I’m kind of the guy that Peter Parker needs to come to whenever he has those quandaries about what’s going on. All I can say is we’re going to see a lot more of [me] at some point if what Sam says is true, and Sam is the guy who knows, so I am sticking with him.
And when asked about a possibility of seeing his wicked reptilian alter ego, The Lizard, in the possible fourth movie....

Oh yeah [I’d be up for that]. I’m friends with Alfred Molina and I just saw him the other day and he had so much fun doing Doc Ock, that for me it’s a no-brainer. So, put it in [the movie] and let’s go.
To be honest, that's the biggest reason I would hope for a fourth film, just to see him as that character. I mean, some of us Venom fans already have what we want, seeing the anti-Spidey character on the big screen and in live-action format. But what about the Lizard fans?

Also....has anyone been catching those new Fruit Roll-Ups commercials?:smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
A while back I heard and a rumor that Chamealon was one of the villians in the film, and part of the story line is that he gets Mary-Jane to fall in love with him. Another rumor I heard was that Mary-Jane dies in this movie. As for Lizard, he is one of my favorite villians (mainly because I like lizards) and I was really dissapointed that he wasn't in the second film. I'm hoping that he's in the forth movie as well.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I couldn't really picture the Chameleon being in a Spider-Man movie, mostly because he's never really been much of an interesting villain to me. Him seducing Mary Jane does sound like a good storyline though. But I can tell you up front that they won't kill off MJ in this next one, because she's of too much importance to Spidey himself.

They've just released the website for the Spider-Man 3 video game. Nothing really special on there right now, but they do have blogs and a cool background of the chest area of Spider-Man's red costume that you can turn to black and even morph his insignia.

http://sm3thegame.com/

muppetwriter

Reaction score
No prob. I can't wait to see what the figurines for Sandman and The New Goblin (a.k.a. Harry Osborn) look like.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Two marvelous updates just popped up in the past couple of days.:smile:

According to SuperHeroHype!, the third trailer to Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer might be attached to Spider-Man 3 this May. The second will be attached to the movie based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, 300, in March.

The other bit of news is that some new footage has appeared online. You can see it on either these two links (but the loading time is VERY slow, so take precaution).

http://www.ncm.com/InTheatreAdvertising/firstLook.aspx

http://68.178.174.124/playlists/NCM_InTheatre_Home/custom.swf

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Another villian rumor I heard was one of the villians was going to be Man-Wolf.