Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I think I might've started that rumor in my "What's Next...?" thread.:stick_out_tongue:

Actually, John Jameson is going to be in the film (he'll be responsible for bringing the symbiote to Earth), but he won't be turning into the Man-Wolf anytime during the film.

There are only three villains in the film: Sandman, Venom, and the New Goblin. And, unless you buy into that "fourth villain" jazz, the black-costumed Spider-Man.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, they're saying that there is one, but it's only the villain within Peter Parker, as he's wearing the black costume. The fourth villain is basically just a simple metaphor.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Gee, that's some what dissapointing. At least we still have THREE villians in this movie! Although they'll all probably die at the end of the movie. (Dang it Hollywood!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel, C.G. I thought it was really lame to say there's going to be a fourth villain, when it's really just the hero facing his own inner demons. They really had me believing it was Mysterio or Electro or The Lizard (or even The Scorpion).

And I don't really think all of the villains will die. Though Harry is seeming very predictable right now, especially with the news from James Franco that this will be the last Spidey film he'll do. I'm hoping they'll keep Venom alive, because if they do make a fourth film, he'd make a great opponent or ally to The Lizard. As for Sandman, I don't know how you can kill a man who's made out of sand.:confused: :smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
As for Sandman, I don't know how you can kill a man who's made out of sand.:confused: :smile:
Heat him up enough and maybe he'll turn into glass!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Heat him up enough and maybe he'll turn into glass!
Funny, I was watching an episode of Aladdin: The TV Series on Toon Disney this morning, and there was a part in which someone turn sand into glass by having a machine heat it up to the point where it made the change. If they defeat Sandman that way, then it'll almost be close to how Dr. Doom was defeated in Fantastic Four (transforming him into a statue).

There have been images from the trailers shown to where he's being drowned in gallons of water (from the Subway battle that'll take place between him and "Black Spidey" in the film). In the comics, he and Hydro-Man merged and became some kind of a mud monster; but seeing as how the water he'll be drenched in isn't Hydro-Man himself, that could be one way to stop him.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
And I don't really think all of the villains will die. Though Harry is seeming very predictable right now, especially with the news from James Franco that this will be the last Spidey film he'll do. I'm hoping they'll keep Venom alive, because if they do make a fourth film, he'd make a great opponent or ally to The Lizard. As for Sandman, I don't know how you can kill a man who's made out of sand.:confused: :smile:
An early draft of Spider-Man one back when James Cameron was trying to get to do it (thank god he didn't, I've read the Cameron scripts and they SUCK!) the villains were Sandman and a Electro and that's how Sandman died. He got hit by Elector's power and the heat turned him to glass. There was also a scene in one of the comics where Venom bit him and something in the sybyote's slime had a chemical reaction that started to dissolve his body -he somehow managed to live through that but...

Frankly I say they have to keep Venom alive because aside from the fact that he's such a major Spidey character that only giving him maybe a half hour of screen time (not counting the symbyote and Brock separate only actual Venom) would be cheating the fans. But more to the point they need to leave it open to bring in Carnage!

I actually had a dream about a Spidy 4 scene. Apparently in Spidey 3 Venom had been split and Eddie Brock was arrested while the symbyote was thought dead. Brock was locked up in Ravencroft where Ashley Kafka was treating him as well as Cletus Kassady, who Spider-Man had apparently captured earlier in the movie. The symbyote returned and found Brock forming Venom again. Now as he/they were breaking out Dr. Kafka was in Kassady's cell, he was in a straight jacket so she felt safe, then she starts to leave attracted by the sound of the commotion outside. Kassady begs her not to go and starts moving towards her saying how much he likes the attention she gives him, and that's why he does what he does, cause he wants attention. Suddenly he breaks free of his restraints and attacks her.

But before he can kill her Venom hears her scream and bursts in. They fight but it's pretty one sided and Venom beats him to a bloody pulp. Kassady does managed to tear a piece of the symbyote off though. Venom smashes through he wall and leaves then the camera pans down to Kassady lying out cold. The symbyote piece starts to meld with the spilled blood turning to the Carnage red and black pattern then it slowly grows and creeps over his body...

that's when I woke up but tell me that wouldn't be cool to see on the big screen!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
I actually had a dream about a Spidy 4 scene. Apparently in Spidey 3 Venom had been split and Eddie Brock was arrested while the symbyote was thought dead. Brock was locked up in Ravencroft where Ashley Kafka was treating him as well as Cletus Kassady, who Spider-Man had apparently captured earlier in the movie. The symbyote returned and found Brock forming Venom again. Now as he/they were breaking out Dr. Kafka was in Kassady's cell, he was in a straight jacket so she felt safe, then she starts to leave attracted by the sound of the commotion outside. Kassady begs her not to go and starts moving towards her saying how much he likes the attention she gives him, and that's why he does what he does, cause he wants attention. Suddenly he breaks free of his restraints and attacks her.

But before he can kill her Venom hears her scream and bursts in. They fight but it's pretty one sided and Venom beats him to a bloody pulp. Kassady does managed to tear a piece of the symbyote off though. Venom smashes through he wall and leaves then the camera pans down to Kassady lying out cold. The symbyote piece starts to meld with the spilled blood turning to the Carnage red and black pattern then it slowly grows and creeps over his body...

that's when I woke up but tell me that wouldn't be cool to see on the big screen!
It sure would. That is some dream, B.W.:excited:

I've been having "Spidey Dreams" of my own, but they've only been based on future events to come in my "Marvelous Muppets" crossover. One did make me think of what might happen between Spidey and Venom in the third film, and if it comes true, I blame my subconscious for spoiling me.

And I agree about the reason for keeping Venom alive due to the limited appearance he'll have in the film. His short appearance (and Blue Weirdo's dream) are the reasons they should make a fourth film. :smile: